You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Come home Kenny (Carradona I am sorry)

Juan Galonso

Irrelevant.

Under the current regime I'm fairly sure no manager will be able to come in here and build the club up again, build a legacy.

The best we can hope for is that Rafa lasts longer than the Twats and then if we're still not looking like genuine challengers, consider the alternatives.

The regime seems good enough to beat the likes of Madrid.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than Sammy Lee could learn from filling the squad full of foreign shite who don't deserve to be at the club despite having millions spent on them.

Whoever I suggest is better than this fucking conman we have at the helm right now.

Funny I seem to remember Kenny winning three league titles in five years and two FA Cups and top of the league when he left. What did Keegan ever win at Newcastle?????

Benitez packs the side full of shite like NGog, Elzhar, Lucas, etc etc etc etc etc etc

Look at kendell at Everton. Won league titles left came back and nearly got them relegated!

I can't believe anyone is suggesting bring King Kenny in as manager.

It would be fucking madness.

Why would it like?

We're not exactly storming the league under Benitez are we?

Everyone is so quick these days to laud these supposed superior foriegn managers and look down their nose at a more simple approach.

Why would it like?

We're not exactly storming the league under Benitez are we?

Everyone is so quick these days to laud these supposed superior foriegn managers and look down their nose at a more simple approach.

Because he hasn't done anything footy related in the past decade.

It would be a bad move.

I want Rafa gone, but in the summer.

More than Sammy Lee could learn from filling the squad full of foreign shite who don't deserve to be at the club despite having millions spent on them.

Whoever I suggest is better than this fucking conman we have at the helm right now.

Funny I seem to remember Kenny winning three league titles in five years and two FA Cups and top of the league when he left. What did Keegan ever win at Newcastle?????

Benitez packs the side full of shite like NGog, Elzhar, Lucas, etc etc etc etc etc etc

When Kenny took over, he inherited a side that had reached the European Cup final - that were Champions the season before, plus the fact that Bob was his right hand man, had a lot to do with the '86 double. His best signing was John Barnes - and Bob played as big a part as anybody in getting Barnes to Anfield. Kenny changed the style of play and we got one great season out of it (1987/1988), one half a great season (second half of 1988/89 when we went on a superb run prior to Hillsborough), and one good season

(1989/1990). Even though he left when we were top of the league, the defence was fucked and the Goalkeeper needed replacing, Rush was a shadow of his pre-Juventus self and Aldridge had been offloaded - things were going downhill, and even Ronnie Moran, the bootroom stalwart, couldn't keep us in top spot.

At Blackburn, where there were no standards to live up to, and an unlimted mountain of cash, he basically bought his way to success, ala Abramovich - he definitely wouldn't get that here.

At Blackburn, where there were no standards to live up to, and an unlimted mountain of cash, he basically bought his way to success, ala Abramovich - he definitely wouldn't get that here.

I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm genuinely interested. Does anyone have how much Kenny spent at Blackburn compared to us and United at the same time? You might be right, I'm just curious.

We exist to win trophies, not play fotball that's pleasing on the eye.

I think there is some merit in that but, I expect our players to be capable of the basics, such as controlling a ball and passing it 5 yards to a team mate. If you were around in the late 80’s you’d remember the tremendous amount of stick the likes of Wimbledon and similar ale-house teams got – a lot from our own fans, but they’d respond with something like: 'we’re only playing to our own strengths and making the most of our meagre resources’. There has got to be something that sets us apart from dross like that. I’m not advocating a gung-ho we’ll-concede-3-but-we’ll-score-4 90’s style Newcastle approach, or art-for-arts-sake Arsenal bollocks, but something more like our mid 80’s heritage, so to speak, that combined discipline and technique with fundamental football ability.

I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm genuinely interested. Does anyone have how much Kenny spent at Blackburn compared to us and United at the same time? You might be right, I'm just curious.

It's all a load of bollocks. He had no more to spend than us or the mancs, he just bought the right players. These mongs forget that it takes more than money to build a title winning team, see Benitez.

The fact that he failed at Newcastle means fuck all. It's a manager's graveyard that place.

I think there is some merit in that but, I expect our players to be capable of the basics, such as controlling a ball and passing it 5 yards to a team mate. If you were around in the late 80’s you’d remember the tremendous amount of stick the likes of Wimbledon and similar ale-house teams got – a lot from our own fans, but they’d respond with something like: 'we’re only playing to our own strengths and making the most of our meagre resources’. There has got to be something that sets us apart from dross like that. I’m not advocating a gung-ho we’ll-concede-3-but-we’ll-score-4 90’s style Newcastle approach, or art-for-arts-sake Arsenal bollocks, but something more like our mid 80’s heritage, so to speak, that combined discipline and technique with fundamental football ability.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it pains me to say it but you're also describing United now to a tee.

It's all a load of bollocks. He had no more to spend than us or the mancs, he just bought the right players. These mongs forget that it takes more than money to build a title winning team, see Benitez.

The fact that he failed at Newcastle means fuck all. It's a manager's graveyard that place.

I think you are forgetting the old rule you should never go back. Look at Keegan at Newcastle, Kendall at Everton they have all failed. The only one off the top of my head that hasn't failed going back is Redknapp.

We need a wholesale change at the club a change in everything not some blast from the past. Kenny should be remembered for the things he done the great things. Souness was regarded as one of the greatest players ever at Liverpool but when he came in as manager he was hated and everybody seems to forget he played for us.

A lot of that team today need to ask themselves some serious questions after today, as well as the rest of the staff.

Kenny should be an ambassador for the club not it's manager.

I expected nothing other than a loss today after yet another crazy week.

Number 6 is coming home this year as opposed to Number 19. Would rather league but would still take second and the Champions League as a consolation prize.

When Kenny took over, he inherited a side that had reached the European Cup final - that were Champions the season before, plus the fact that Bob was his right hand man, had a lot to do with the '86 double. His best signing was John Barnes - and Bob played as big a part as anybody in getting Barnes to Anfield. Kenny changed the style of play and we got one great season out of it (1987/1988), one half a great season (second half of 1988/89 when we went on a superb run prior to Hillsborough), and one good season

(1989/1990). Even though he left when we were top of the league, the defence was fucked and the Goalkeeper needed replacing, Rush was a shadow of his pre-Juventus self and Aldridge had been offloaded - things were going downhill, and even Ronnie Moran, the bootroom stalwart, couldn't keep us in top spot.

He inherited a side that finished miles behind Everton in 84-85. Had the shame of Heysel to contend with and no European football. ageing full backs in Kennedy and Neal, no replacement brought in for Souness, he put his own stamp on the double side of 85-86 with his first signing in McMahon who was exactly the type of player we needed.

He spent the Rush money wisely on the holy trinity of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge. Won the league title in style after another great Everton season in 86-87. Came within a whisker of another double in 87-88 and a last kick of the season in 88-89. He had an ageing Hansen who got a terrible injury in the pre-season of 88-89.

To give Bob the credit for signing Barnes without any proof is just wrong.

He did a fantastic job for Blackburn against a great United team at the time.

Wish I could rep you again. Brilliant again.

I think you are forgetting the old rule you should never go back. Look at Keegan at Newcastle, Kendall at Everton they have all failed. The only one off the top of my head that hasn't failed going back is Redknapp.

We need a wholesale change at the club a change in everything not some blast from the past. Kenny should be remembered for the things he done the great things. Souness was regarded as one of the greatest players ever at Liverpool but when he came in as manager he was hated and everybody seems to forget he played for us.

If Souness hadn'tve gone to the Sun he would have been cut a lot more slack than he was given. He was doomed to failure after that as he never had the backing of the fans. People would have given him a lot more time only for the Loverpool thing after his heart bypass. I think he would have been given longer as manager if Loverpool hadnt happened,