You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premiership's most overrated

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jermaine Defoe.

Moves every other year for millions, always has Clubs having murder over him, has done fuck all and comes across as a bad, phoney shithouse.

Fuck off.

I agree. How clubs are still intrested in him especially Juventus. David James, He's wank, if he was any good he'd still be at Liverpool.

Jermaine Defoe.

Moves every other year for millions, always has Clubs having murder over him, has done fuck all and comes across as a bad, phoney shithouse.

Fuck off.

He's a mercenary alright as his West Ham and now Porstmouth behaviour confirms but he guarantees goals. Great poacher.

Shay Given - good at shot stopping, but not a patch on Reina at crossing or commanding his area.

I personally think that the fact that Newcastle's defence over the years has been so shit is a vital factor in him being rated so highly. By this, I mean that he has had to make much more saves than, say Reina, so his shit-stopping has been highlighted. Take our 5-1 victory last week as an example...

I thought this thread was about being overated?

Given is an outstanding keeper and probably underated. His positioning and shot stopping are outstanding, plus he is very good on crosses.

If we are talking overated, then I propose Ryan Giggs, very good player but never as good as was made out. Cantona was also seriously overated.

Jermaine Defoe.

Fuck off.

Highly fucking underrated. His mentality lets him down.

You are a giant lunatic. You've had one too many dribbling pills over christmas. Drogba and Cech are both probably top five players in the world in their respective positions.

As i said before was and read my conclusion that i said before the tell me you dont agree.:whistle:

The way people talk about him that he is better than Torres and he isnt therefore he is over rated. Same with Cech he is refered to as the best in the prem is that not overrated?

I rest my case.

As i said before was and read my conclusion that i said before the tell me you dont agree.:whistle:

Sorry, I don't actually understand what that sentence means.

Drogba has 51 goals in 119 games for Chelsea and 33 in 52 internationally. He also scored twice against us in the Champions League semi last year. He is a brilliant brilliant striker.

I rest my case.

Please do.

Who actually talks about Drogba as being better than Torres? They aren't that far apart in terms of ability.

Cech IS arguably the best keeper in the Premier League with the possible exception of Pepe Reina. If you ask Chelsea fans they'd say Cech is better. If you ask Liverpool fans, they'd say that Reina is better. If you asked everyone else, you'd probably get a split between the two.

Most of the most overrated have alreday been mentioned. Place of honour has to be for Wayne Bridge - the rich man's plaything. I've never seen anything in him, and he's got to be the slowest defender in the league. And he's now officially the top-earning full-back in world football!!!??? Madness.

Has to be said that Spurs have almost a monopoly - Jermaine Jenas and Aaron Lennon would be right up there for me, and Huddlestone and Zokora close behind. I'm afraid so would Robbie Keane be at the top of the list (given that £60m has been spent on him during his career!). Micah Richards is also making a good claim to be vastly overrated - we were cited in excess of £20m for him two seasons ago.

I'd also add Park from United - spectacularly out of his depth - and Niko Krancjar from Portsmouth, whose never done anything at premiership level. Finally, Downing is a perennial favourite and I was relieved that we didn't sign him over the summer!

Please do.

Who actually talks about Drogba as being better than Torres? They aren't that far apart in terms of ability.

Cech IS arguably the best keeper in the Premier League with the possible exception of Pepe Reina. If you ask Chelsea fans they'd say Cech is better. If you ask Liverpool fans, they'd say that Reina is better. If you asked everyone else, you'd probably get a split between the two.

In my opinion your wrong and everyone that says Torres is not the best striker in the world being Mancs, Bitters or Chavs say Drogba is. He is like like Ronaldinho was maybe 1 of the best in the world but a can name alot more on their day that are better. As for Cech he is not better than Reina and a few other keepers in the prem. This is why Chelsea are looking for a new keeper.

In my opinion your wrong and everyone that says Torres is not the best striker in the world being Mancs, Bitters or Chavs say Drogba is. He is like like Ronaldinho was maybe 1 of the best in the world but a can name alot more on their day that are better. As for Cech he is not better than Reina and a few other keepers in the prem. This is why Chelsea are looking for a new keeper.

Name five strikers in the world who are better than Drogba.

Name one goalkeeper in the Premier League (other than Reina) who is better than Cech.

I seriously doubt that Chelsea are looking to replace Cech. Where did you get that from?

Name five strikers in the world who are better than Drogba.

Name one goalkeeper in the Premier League (other than Reina) who is better than Cech.

I seriously doubt that Chelsea are looking to replace Cech. Where did you get that from?

As far as i can see Chelsea are looking for a new keeper as back up for Cech as Cudicini wants to leave to get first team football before he is past it.