You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At least San Jose scored.

Not surprising they lost really, it's pretty much the first time they'll have played together all season, I think Abo was using loads of the Academy kids in previous games. They're against Hamilton next, I think--be interesting to see what the response is.

that is good now we can see how they respond no use playing teams you can beat at half pace these games are more of a test and they will learn more from them

They have had smoke blown up there arse for a few years now its time to step up lets see what there made of

bit of a one-sided report that.

5-0 flattered them- the reason it was a quiet start and 11 mins until they had a shot on goal was our lads had almost complete control of possession and the first chance we had saw Pacheco (i think) hit the bar long before they had sight of our goal.

In fact, Caley were so out of it early on that there were cheers from the away end when they got a touch, and their eventual first shot.

The o.g was the real killer, and a real howler also. San Jose had been given a torrid time by their left back, Zadi, and that was the final nail in the coffin.

Caley took their chances, our lads seemed to want to try to walk the ball into the net.

At 3-0 down, there were times when it looked like we should have had a shot, rather than looking to find another red shirt closer to goal.

E.g one lad could have had a pop, but he laid it off, causing 3 others all to go for it (from about 8 yards out) and getting nothing more than a goal kick for their efforts. We were 4-0 down at that point.

Being stuck beside a bunch of Dundee neds made the night complete, with their "who are ya" chants every few mins. Way to go, numpties.

And yes, they were surprised there was no Torres or Gerrard.

Spearing was one of the few who impressed me, going into a Mascheranoesque tackle, seeing the ball bounce to a Caley lad, and then hunting him down over 30 yards until he got it back. A bit more of that from the rest of the team and it could have been a much different game.

I'd agree with that. Spearing was the man of the match for me.

I dont think the lads liked playing against men in the rain. They looked like they wanted to be somewhere else. As soon as the first goal went in the heads went down and noone was telling them to get the heads up.

The two big center backs impressed me but what stuck in my mind was how poor Jordi Brower was. For such a big lump of a lad he falls over if looked at.

Very rarely tried to get in behind and attempted to play tippy tappy suff around the edge of the box. Poor show from him. On the strength of that performance he appears to have no fight in him.

On the whole a bit of a laugh and particulary the first 15 mins the boys showed class, pace and width the first team would have been pround of. This was against some rather elderly and portly caley defenders mind.

If only Spearing was a little bit taller...

Same height as Mascherano, Makalele, Scholes, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta, Sammy Lee and countless others. He's a midfielder, not a goalkeeper or centre half.

The height thing is completely irrelevant, but for some reason people can't see past it. If he was a foreign import no-one would give a fuck about how tall he is. If he was two, three inches taller, he wouldn't be a better player, but it would make him so in the eyes of a lot of people.

Same height as Mascherano, Makalele, Scholes, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta, Sammy Lee and countless others. He's a midfielder, not a goalkeeper or centre half.

The height thing is completely irrelevant, but for some reason people can't see past it. If he was a foreign import no-one would give a fuck about how tall he is. If he was two, three inches taller, he wouldn't be a better player, but it would make him so in the eyes of a lot of people.

He is an inch taller than Maradonna. The lads got a big heart and small man syndrome. He appears to my untrained eye to have a big future in the game.