You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa on Fat Sam

SoMuch4Gravity

god i do hate fat sam, rafa should not have even bothered or more to the point, lfc.tv staff should have known better by asking the question, just looking for early promotion i suppose, media is all about sensationalism these days.

i just hate it when ya see lines on skysports website saying shite like "war of words" as ya know fat sam only does this stuff so he can feel like one of the big boys with his stupid earpiece and does anyone else think that he has a really annoying scruffy haircut that just looks ridiculous when he wears a suit, id say his missus fooking loves bringing him to a family wedding.

I've never said I expect him to win the league, but if he thinks 3rd is an achievement he should step aside and leave the job for somebody with more ambition. The day Liverpool Football Club accepts 3rd as success is the day we become just another club.

know what your getting at, it hurts,but would you really want him to step aside, we could end up with jose

I've never said I expect him to win the league, but if he thinks 3rd is an achievement he should step aside and leave the job for somebody with more ambition. The day Liverpool Football Club accepts 3rd as success is the day we become just another club.

know what your getting at, it hurts,but would you really want him to step aside, we could end up with jose

Who at the club says 3rd is good enough? Parry didn't and neither did the players. They said often enough that the league performance wasn't good last season.

that's exactly my point though, Rafa isn't saying 3rd is good enough either. He's just saying "hey fatty, i finished above you the last two seasons WITHOUT a stupid ear piece" haha.

Shouldn't have given Fat Sam the satisfaction of responding, but if he really had to say something 'at least I know how to beat Derby County' would have sufficed.

Bit disrespectful to Derby though, isn't it.

Plus that's their team talk for our visit to Pride Park sorted.

He should have just brushed off the remarks by saying he didn't have the time to respond to such comments.

No. He should have said, "Fuck that fat headed twat and the Mickey Mouse club he rode in on. Ask me about this again at the end of the season."

I can't believe he has the audacity to reply. Although I don't fully understand it?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_2745742,00.html

Sam Allardyce has carried on his war of words with Rafa Benitez by telling the Liverpool manager that he can 'dish it out but he can't take it'.

Allardyce recently said that Benitez would be 'lucky' to still be in his job if he had not guided Liverpool to two UEFA Champions League finals, because The Reds had not performed well in the Premier League during his time at Anfield.

Benitez responded by saying that Allardyce must have forgotten a number of Liverpool's other successes, and also told the Newcastle manager to focus on his own team.

Allardyce accepts that Benitez had the right to reply, but feels he should have just let the matter lie.

"I can't remember exactly what the comments were, they were about two weeks ago," Allardyce told Sky Sports News.

"He's had a little bit of a chunter, but that's life. He can dish it out but he can't take it."

Mourinho praise

Jose Mourinho's departure from Chelsea has hogged the headlines this week and Allardyce admits he was saddened by the news.

"He had a lot of charisma and talent and he was a very successful manager," he said.

"From my point of view, I hope the clause in the contract doesn't say he can't work in this country, because I'll be sad to see him leave the Premiership."

^^ I think the fat bastard has always fantasised about being one of the top managers in the prem. He sees himself as the hero of his own story with a 'big club' now under his belt which makes him think he's on an equal footing with the likes of Rafa and LFC now.

I think he thinks if he starts getting involved in wars of words with the big managers he'll be seen as a genuine rival or equal - that's why Rafa shouldn't have given him the time of day, it would have hurt him badly.

It's all part of some sad attempt to play with the big boys. Deranged and delusional stupid twat.

I can't believe he has the audacity to reply. Although I don't fully understand it?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_2745742,00.html

Sam Allardyce has carried on his war of words with Rafa Benitez by telling the Liverpool manager that he can 'dish it out but he can't take it'.

Allardyce recently said that Benitez would be 'lucky' to still be in his job if he had not guided Liverpool to two UEFA Champions League finals, because The Reds had not performed well in the Premier League during his time at Anfield.

Benitez responded by saying that Allardyce must have forgotten a number of Liverpool's other successes, and also told the Newcastle manager to focus on his own team.

Allardyce accepts that Benitez had the right to reply, but feels he should have just let the matter lie.

"I can't remember exactly what the comments were, they were about two weeks ago," Allardyce told Sky Sports News.

"He's had a little bit of a chunter, but that's life. He can dish it out but he can't take it."

Mourinho praise

Jose Mourinho's departure from Chelsea has hogged the headlines this week and Allardyce admits he was saddened by the news.

"He had a lot of charisma and talent and he was a very successful manager," he said.

"From my point of view, I hope the clause in the contract doesn't say he can't work in this country, because I'll be sad to see him leave the Premiership."

Allardyce feels Rafa should have just let the matter lie? Why the hell should he - Rafa's probably had shits with more sense than Allardyce, not to mention that if they were to compare medals Allardyce would probably have to raid his dad's WW2 collection.

As for "He can dish it out but he can't take it", Sam seems to forget that it was his own, completely unprompted dishing it out that began this whole sorry affair. Perhaps he's confused and thought that one of his imaginary conversations with the European footballing elite really happened and in this conversation, he and Rafa fell out.

It does seem like a blatant and cheap attempt to manufacture some kind of feud - perhaps he feels it's a vital accoutrement for the modern day manager of a big club. He just needs to get himself a job at one now and he'll be sorted.