You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barca match comments.

drewy

Am I the only one who did`nt think the ref was that bad?... I mean...he gave Barcelona a few decisions they did`nt warrant, but he also gave us some I did`nt expect...and he did`nt give a penalty in the first when Ronnie went down... it was`nt, but some ref would have given it.

It was a typical ref away in europe, those we have faced many times before, and will face many times again.

Also I have to praise Arbeloa. To make his debut away at Nou Camp out of position at left back. Very impressed. Of course it`s early day, but I dont believ this is another Josemi...this guy looked comfortable on the ball, and he looked pacy as well...

A brilliant night all round.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction - 88:40 GOAL - Jermaine Jenas

Everton 1 - Tottenham 2

Goal by Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham) right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right channel (20 yards).Everton 1-2 Tottenham. Assist (pass) by Steed Malbranque (Tottenham) from right channel.

:D

Yeah, Arbeloa was very good I thought. A promising debut, no doubt.

exactly, and he looks comfortable on the ball. Looks like carra he is able to cover for all positions across the back.

Reina was flapping a bit in the end but thats allright he made good saves.

YNWA.

Correction - 88:40 GOAL - Jermaine Jenas

Everton 1 - Tottenham 2

Goal by Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham) right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right channel (20 yards).Everton 1-2 Tottenham. Assist (pass) by Steed Malbranque (Tottenham) from right channel

:D

:lol:

Fucking hell, I would give anything to be in Goodison Park when they announce the final score from the Nou Camp over the Tannoy :lol:

Fucking hell, I would give anything to be in Goodison Park when they announce the final score from the Nou Camp over the Tannoy :lol:

Nah...I dont think they really care...you know after the power shift in football on merseyside...

:whistle:

Its very rare to moan about the ref when you win, but that referee was a disgrace. Not once were we allowed to fight for the ball. Barcelona had to put it out of play for us to get possesion.

Oh, and Ronaldinho and Puyol are scumbags. Deco to, but I kind of like him, he is a good little player.

Bet you 500 quid Kenwright heard about it and ran as fast as his little tubby arse could carry him over to the announcer and told him to lie about our result, or he'd lose his job.

Its very rare to moan about the ref when you win, but that referee was a disgrace. Not once were we allowed to fight for the ball. Barcelona had to put it out of play for us to get possesion.

Oh, and Ronaldinho and Puyol are scumbags. Deco to, but I kind of like him, he is a good little player.

He's amongst the shittest refs I've ever seen. Bellamy told the 4th official that he thought the ref was a "prick" as he was being substituted.

Yes. He was fucking dire. Every legitimate tackle was a freekick to them, every nothing challenge a yellow card for one of our players. How we managed to overcome him to win is the biggest puzzle of the night.

http://Barcelona.justgotowned.com/

I dont know... Maybe im just too used to bad refereeing away from home in Europe... I did`nt think he was as bad as some make out... And I was really happy he did`nt pull up a second yellow for Agger when he slipped near the byline and took a good hold of Guily ( i think )...cos that was a yellow...his first was nothing.

Amazing result and a brilliant effort from the players but i can't help but think we could have won the tie tonight, Barca were very very poor and i think if we had held onto the ball a bit better we could have scored another one. I know i'm being greedy but i think our ball retention was poor overall tonight but the effort made up for it as they didn't stop running all night.

And yes Momo is boss.