You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for tomorrow

rondeco

We don't have a clue what he is like though. Does that not worry you?

It worries me.

I would have gone with finnan where he is and gerrard on the right to assist with any ronny dingo stuff and free to get forward. Xabi and momo in the middle with kuyt behind crouch. Aurelio at left full and riise left wing.

According to Ballagues and Graham Hunter Arbeloa starts.

-----Reina-------

Arbeloa Carra Agger Aurelio

Finnan Gerrard momo xabi riise

----------Crouch or Kuyt------

That is a big surprise if true. Arbeloa to do a job on ronnie dingo

Unless Gerrard really gets on the front foot and Finnan and JAR push up, we could be in for ninety minutes of sheer hell.* That looks like a team set up to play defensive football with occasional possibility of a counter attack. I sincerely hope the comments Rafa made after the derby don't come back to bite him in the arse.

*TM John Barnes, 1990-ish.

It worries me.

I would have gone with finnan where he is and gerrard on the right to assist with any ronny dingo stuff and free to get forward. Xabi and momo in the middle with kuyt behind crouch. Aurelio at left full and riise left wing.

We need three in the centre. Deco, Xavi and Iniesta (if he starts) need to be closed down quickly, and this can only be done with three centre midfielders. It is a risk playing Arbeloa, but I would rather take that risk than the risk of playing two centre midfielders.

We need three in the centre. Deco, Xavi and Iniesta (if he starts) need to be closed down quickly, and this can only be done with three centre midfielders. It is a risk playing Arbeloa, but I would rather take that risk than the risk of playing two centre midfielders.

I dont agree. I think that momo and xxabi sit deep enough to cover that and with kuyt playing behind crouch means there is not too much space in fron to f them. Kuyt's work rate will be massive tomorrow night

Its no surprise he hasnt selected a gung ho team (if true), we are playing the best attacking team in the World. It looks alright to me, could say very negative but as always it how you play it. Aurelio loves to get forward, Riise gets forward a lot, Gerrard can break from that 3, Alonso seems to be getting forward and shooting more now, Finnan is probably the best crosser at the club and will get forward more with Arbeloa behind him.

Its going to be interesting thats for sure

Is Gonzalez broken at the moment? This could be his coming of age in a Liverpool shirt.

I would like to see something along the lines of:

----------Reina----------

Finnan Carra Agger Aurelio

-----Momo-----Xabi-----

Gerrard---Kuyt---Gonzalez

--------Crouchino-------

With the likes of Bellamy and (say it quietly) Pennant coming on later in the game, after Agger and Crouch have put us 0-2 up.

Momo will chew up Ronnie Dingo and spit him out.

If that is the team, I would respectfully request that Bellers and JAR sit at opposite ends of the bench.

I'm a little bit concerned about this tie now I've seen how many of our boys are one card away from a suspension: Kuyt, Zenden, Alonso, Sissoko, Finnan and Pennant.

Happily, they're also similarly hampered: Puyol, Motta, Deco, Xavi, Messi, Van Bronkhurst, Gudjohnsen.

I'm a little bit concerned about this tie now I've seen how many of our boys are one card away from a suspension: Kuyt, Zenden, Alonso, Sissoko, Finnan and Pennant.

Happily, they're also similarly hampered: Puyol, Motta, Deco, Xavi, Messi, Van Bronkhurst, Gudjohnsen.

Would`nt it be nice if Alonso dived to get Gudjohnsen a booking? Dont like diving, but that would be so sweet... :)