You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC2 tonight

cochcaer

Do you have a story?

Shouting "incoming" as loud as I could during a morning briefing attended by an American 3 star General in Baghdad told me so.

Everybody hit the deck, apart from us Brits who stood there pissing ourselves.

It never went down well at all.

Shouting "incoming" as loud as I could during a morning briefing attended by an American 3 star General in Baghdad told me so.

Everybody hit the deck, apart from us Brits who stood there pissing ourselves.

It never went down well at all.

Brilliant. Anyone got anymore anti-american stories?

Beeb2 was fucking ace tonight, just finished watching after starting with Top gear, then the verdict, MOTD2, Cricket, Grumpy old men and finally Family guy. Quality. At last a night of television aimed at men.

The Verdict was quite good, anyone else watch it and what's your opinion so far? Collymore is being a bit of a dick but my instinct so far would be to acquit. The virginity lie plus the tape sounded completely set up would put serious doubts in my mind.

ive another american funny story i suppose

i was in Vegas about 3 years ago, i was buying some shorts in the quicksilver shop when the fella behind the counter asked whe i was from, after repeating myself about 5 times saying "Ireland", he goes, "oh, i seen Ireland in that film Trainspotting, it looks very rough", i replied with, well ,thats actually Scotland, not Ireland, he jjst goes, "their not the same country???"

seriously, when you buy a globe in america, does it just have their country, and a big ocean for the rest of the world?

i was in Vegas about 3 years ago, i was buying some shorts in the quicksilver shop when the fella behind the counter asked whe i was from, after repeating myself about 5 times saying "Ireland", he goes, "oh, i seen Ireland in that film Trainspotting, it looks very rough", i replied with, well ,thats actually Scotland, not Ireland, he jjst goes, "their not the same country???"

seriously, when you buy a globe in america, does it just have their country, and a big ocean for the rest of the world?

Wasn't there a statistic that something like 65% of Americans couldn't even find America on an Atlas? Where was that Youtube clip of an Aussie TV presenter pretending to be the Australian PM and making Americans look stupid (asked Americans to find France on the Atlas- they brought out an Atlas with France written on Australia- they pointed to it)

Wasn't there a statistic that something like 65% of Americans couldn't even find America on an Atlas? Where was that Youtube clip of an Aussie TV presenter pretending to be the Australian PM and making Americans look stupid (asked Americans to find France on the Atlas- they brought out an Atlas with France written on Australia- they pointed to it)

I could well believe that, a lot of the yanks I worked with in Kosovo didn't have the first clue as to what country they where in.

To be fair though you could go to a fair few places in the UK like that. London, Cornwall, Devon, Norwich, Surrrey, Hampshire etc. Their all equally backward
You get some thick people in this country and not all from the south Bri, but I'm sure they could at least find USA/Australia/UK on the map. American stupidity standards really take a beating.

PS so no-one else saw the verdict then?

They don't know where Ireland is, yet they come up with stories about how they have irish blood in them.

The Verdict was quite good, anyone else watch it and what's your opinion so far? Collymore is being a bit of a dick but my instinct so far would be to acquit. The virginity lie plus the tape sounded completely set up would put serious doubts in my mind.

Think Stan's being a bit over-aggressive (maybe a shoulder chip from the Ulrika saga) and it's interesting so see how quickly people's prejudices arise without hearing all the case. The more balanced jurors are just remaining tight-lipped. Personally I'd have made the tape inadmissible as it soundly fairly stage-managed. I'm sure they'll be another twist tonight but you'd have to acquit on the evidence thus far.

To be fair though you could go to a fair few places in the UK like that. London, Cornwall, Devon, Norwich, Surrrey, Hampshire etc. Their all equally backward

I doubt 'Tractor Pulling Sucks' will get you chased out of Norwich.

Tho they may drop a cow on your head as you're boating down the river....:smile: