You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse has a moan

I find it ironic that those of us who questioned the quality of our strikers earlier in the

season were shouted down and told that we knew nothing about football basically.

Now 2 of them 3 strikers have gone or are going,I think us sceptics can claim a moral

victory of sorts,especially if 2 new quality ones are brought in and the 3rd of our

current strikeforce is relegated to his rightful position on the bench.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it ironic that those of us who questioned the quality of our strikers earlier in the

season were shouted down and told that we knew nothing about football basically.

Now 2 of them 3 strikers have gone or are going,I think us sceptics can claim a moral

victory of sorts,especially if 2 new quality ones are brought in and the 3rd of our

current strikeforce is relegated to his rightful position on the bench.

You might have a point if you could find anyone (anyone on earth would do) who ever said they thought Morientes, Cisse and Crouch were ALL good enough to play for the club.

Old Trafford is where he let himself down, twice, god knows why as I doubt any player delibratly has a stinker.

I think his non-performance against the Mancs at OT persuaded most of us that he wasn't up to it and never would be. I still get angry at how utterly shite he was that day.

He'll probably excel if he goes to Lyon and we'll the usual suspects making a case for him, but it is absolutely the right decision that he leaves, as it's just never gonna work out for him here. The fact that 3 French clubs are interested is a good thing and could see the price pushed up.

You might have a point if you could find anyone (anyone on earth would do) who ever said they thought Morientes, Cisse and Crouch were ALL good enough to play for the club.

Well the likes of Rashid and Hermes were pretty scathing of all our attackers in general but were constantly told we diddn`t need and out and out goalscorer and the likes of Crouch and Morientes were crucial to the way the team played and helped the midfield score more etc etc. when really the truth was it was Gerrard basically carrying the strikers.We had a pretty successful season in spite of the strikers not because of them,which is why they`re now being shipped out.

Well the likes of Rashid and Hermes were pretty scathing of all our attackers in general but were constantly told we diddn`t need and out and out goalscorer and the likes of Crouch and Morientes were crucial to the way the team played and helped the midfield score more etc etc. when really the truth was it was Gerrard basically carrying the strikers.We had a pretty successful season in spite of the strikers not because of them,which is why they`re now being shipped out.

gerrard carrying the strikers is the reason for our successfull season?

don't buy into the 'one man team' myth because it simply isn't true.

we've won this season as a team and we've lost this season as a team.

even the fac that was won with gerrard's superman show in the final wouldn't have been possible without the contribution of others including the strikers.

gerrard carrying the strikers is the reason for our successfull season?

don't buy into the 'one man team' myth because it simply isn't true.

we've won this season as a team and we've lost this season as a team.

even the fac that was won with gerrard's superman show in the final wouldn't have been possible without the contribution of others including the strikers.

I never have bought into the 1 man team myth.But it`s obvious to me Gerrards goals helped cover the inadequacies of the strikers,particulary Morientes when he was starting regular and Crouch during his long barren spells.

I never have bought into the 1 man team myth.But it`s obvious to me Gerrards goals helped cover the inadequacies of the strikers,particulary Morientes when he was starting regular and Crouch during his long barren spells.

I agree, I think the strikers only started to perform when Robbie came in January... hes going to be class next year fingers crossed ;) ;)

I don't think any of that's true. Rashid and Hermes monotonously slagged off Crouch (as they monotonously continue to) with the occasional swipe at Morientes.

Crouch was crucial to the way the team played, and as such to the season we had.

Remind me - why is Crouch being sold?

Guest Momo Sissoko
I don't think any of that's true. Rashid and Hermes monotonously slagged off Crouch (as they monotonously continue to) with the occasional swipe at Morientes.

Crouch was crucial to the way the team played, and as such to the season we had.

Remind me - why is Crouch being sold?

You're wasting your time, mate. Their football knowledge is in black or white terms. So if Crouch doesn't score 20 goals, he's crap and Gerrard was carrying him.

You're wasting your time, mate. Their football knowledge is in black and white terms. So if Crouch doesn't score 20 goals, he's crap and Gerrard was carrying him.

That's not the point mate. The point is that people are calling Cisse crap because he has no "composure" or "ability" - which to me is the same thing but about only this time about forum whipping boy Cisse. Can you not see the point at all?

As for Gerrard - where would we be without his 22 goals? The strikers apart from the benched Cisse struggled to score goals this season so it is fair to say that he did help take the pressure off the strikers even more.

It is pointless when there is entrenched positions on Cisse, and I include myself in that before some smart arse finds a way of posting something shite in relation to that comment.

Guest Momo Sissoko
That's not the point mate. The point is that people are calling Cisse crap because he has no "composure" or "ability" - which to me is the same thing but about only this time about forum whipping boy Cisse. Can you not see the point at all?

Can't say I do, no.

Crouch is a 'team' player and has more composure and abilty. And with a bit more luck could have scored a few more goals too.

But some fans just refuse to see it, as they were against the signing from the start.

You're wasting your time, mate. Their football knowledge is in black or white terms. So if Crouch doesn't score 20 goals, he's crap and Gerrard was carrying him.

I`ve never called Crouch crap.He`s a decent player who`s played his part and no more.I just think we need better.

You attack anyone who criticizes Crouch,even constructive criticism,yet you are scathing about Cisse who with all his faults still scored 19 goals.

Your views are more polarised than anybodies.You are a hypocrite.

I`ve never called Crouch crap.He`s a decent player who`s played his part and no more.I just think we need better.

You attack anyone who criticizes Crouch,even constructive criticism,yet you are scathing about Cisse who with all his faults still scored 19 goals.

Your views are more polarised than anybodies.You are a hypocrite.

It is not the amount of goals that Cisse scores that is up for criticism, he has had a good return for the amount of minutes on the pitch. No complaints there at all.

What gets to me is his attitude and at times effort. Also at the top level his touch is poor to say the least. If what we have heard from the training ground are true - well that just tells the whole story.

It is not the amount of goals that Cisse scores that is up for criticism, he has had a good return for the amount of minutes on the pitch. No complaints there at all.

What gets to me is his attitude and at times effort. Also at the top level his touch is poor to say the least. If what we have heard from the training ground are true - well that just tells the whole story.

I`m not really defending Cisse,I would get rid of all our strikers.

The point I was making is that Momo goes ballistic if anyone criticises Crouch but absolutely slags Cisse to bits all the time.The truth is like anyone else they have their pluses and their minuses.

I was just showing up Momos two facedness.

the way I see it is is crouch has contributed to our season especially away from home he has sheilded the ball well and been a good outlet when the defenders have just wanted to get rid of the ball.

in this regard cisse hasn't contributed as much and along with his lack of work rate (for all of milan's faults he ran himself into the ground) is the reason rafa wants to sell cisse.

but cisse has contributed to the season as well, it was his brace that secured the super cup, some fans may not acknowledge this cup but rafa does, and the first goal in the fac cup which sent us on our way.

there have also been crucial games, a brace v west ham away which secured all three points a goal v everton away just when they were building pressure.

some people will look you in the eye and claim cisse hasn't contributed to our season, sorry, not possible with 19 goals unless his goals all came in 3-1 defeats which they didn't.

cisse had poor technique, not much trickery but his pace has strecthed teams and presence has pulled defenders out of position his crossing at times has been excellent and of course he HAS found the back of the net.

cisse is not a part of our long term plans but for another counter attacking team he could be key for them.

crouch has done well and contributed but when all's said and done for him he has had an average season. he hasn't created an excessive amount of goals (as evidenced by his lack goal assists) he hasn't proved enough of a goal threat, crouch plys his trade in the final and ANY player be it midfielder or striker is expected to provide a goal threat either directly by scoring or indirectly by creating.

crouch has done more than enough to secure his place in our squad for this coming season he will have to do more if he wants to secure his place longterm in our first team, because quite simply we cannot afford another barren drought of 10+ games and have epectations of the league, people that suggest 'he wasn't bought to score goals' take note, if rafa purchased another striker with the ability to hold up the ball, play with his back to goal and ALSO find the back of the net (kuyt/bent) crouch will struggle to get into the team especially if he ISN'T scoring.

Can't say I do, no.

Crouch is a 'team' player and has more composure and abilty. And with a bit more luck could have scored a few more goals too.

But some fans just refuse to see it, as they were against the signing from the start.

Momo, you post some right old shite sometimes.

Spot on there though, you liver diseased weirdo.