You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The boosters have been proven to offer significantly more protection against Omicron than the initial double-dose vaccines on their own. (Different vaccines and different combinations have been found to have different levels of efficacy.)

But I've heard what little protection it offers wanes after ten weeks. So how long until the next booster, and how many total boosters will you be having in 2022 (this question also goes out to the floor)?

Just now, Iceman said:

They changed the definition of the very thing they told you to take and you're not interested? Pffffft. 

The FDA never told me to take anything. The NHS told me to get vaccinated.

I think it's well-established that I don't hold the views expressed by you two, especially in this thread, in the highest esteem. If you tell me to go rummaging and suggest that I'll see something scary... I'm disinclined to follow your instructions.

Show me something interesting and I'll probably be interested.

They also changed the definition of Herd Immunity. So the definition of Vaccine changes and the definition of Herd Immunity changes and Mr get-triple-jabbed-for-England isn't bothered? Yeah right. Concerned you might find out something that goes against the narrative? Go on, research it and report back to us with what you find. 

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

But I've heard what little protection it offers wanes after ten weeks. So how long until the next booster, and how many total boosters will you be having in 2022 (this question also goes out to the floor)?

Too many variables to answer that. We don't yet know when the numbers of infections and hospitalisations will peak. The Omicron-specific vaccines (for want of a better word) are still in development, so we'll have to see what effect they have. We'll also have to see how much immunity people who have been infected with Omicron will have in the future.

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

They also changed the definition of Herd Immunity. So the definition of Vaccine changes and the definition of Herd Immunity changes and Mr get-triple-jabbed-for-England isn't bothered? Yeah right. Concerned you might find out something that goes against the narrative? Go on, research it and report back to us with what you find. 

You've clearly done your research. My mum always told me it's good to share.

Show me something interesting.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The FDA never told me to take anything. The NHS told me to get vaccinated.

I think it's well-established that I don't hold the views expressed by you two, especially in this thread, in the highest esteem. If you tell me to go rummaging and suggest that I'll see something scary... I'm disinclined to follow your instructions.

Show me something interesting and I'll probably be interested.

Scratching Chicken Animated GIF

Just now, Iceman said:

Your fear is interesting. 

Hilarious. Your line of reasoning has reached the level of Biff Tannen.

If you've got anything interesting to show, show it?

This is me doing my research. I start by asking people who claim to have evidence to show me their evidence.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you've got anything interesting to show, show it?

This is me doing my research. I start by asking people who claim to have evidence to show me their evidence.

I don't know what time it is where you are, but it's past bedtime in Liverpool.

I look forward to reading your evidence over breakfast.

15 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Yeah, parroting phrases is bad. 

Like if someone, I don't know like the BBC maybe, said "safe and effective" over and over again that would be really bad. 

Parroting is bad, mmmmkay. 

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

I second this. 

15 hour day -- work rate lads.

• Upvote 1