You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh just look back at all the ‘daft jokes’. I mean Susie Dent gets none and all she can do is spell. 

Or I could just look at the one joke that we're talking about. Y'see, you used the word "count" (in the sense of being significant) and the person we were talking about is famous for arithmetic (a different sense of the word "count"). Conflating two meanings of the same word gives rise to a popular type of joke called a "pun".

Although, you're right about Susie Dent: I haven't seen anybody on here giving her grief for lying and throwing false accusations around.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Or I could just look at the one joke that we're talking about. Y'see, you used the word "count" (in the sense of being significant) and the person we were talking about is famous for arithmetic (a different sense of the word "count"). Conflating two meanings of the same word gives rise to a popular type of joke called a "pun".

3 + 2 = anti-Jew? 

I mean it’s not like there’s thousands and thousands of tweets of all kinds of abuse towards her. Not much condemnation here.  Libellous statements defended here. I mean a thread about how fit she is that takes a turn just around the time she says she doesn’t like magic grandad. 

The one about her saying she doesn’t look like a ‘typical Jew’ taken out of context and held up as racism. I mean you’re gonna shit when you here a black personnuse the n word.  

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean it’s not like there’s thousands and thousands of tweets of all kinds of abuse towards her. Not much condemnation here.  Libellous statements defended here. I mean a thread about how fit she is that takes a turn just around the time she says she doesn’t like magic grandad. 

The one about her saying she doesn’t look like a ‘typical Jew’ taken out of context and held up as racism. I mean you’re gonna shit when you here a black personnuse the n word.  

Good to know that once Rachel Riley started communicating her political views, the TLW community judged her more on that, than her looks.  It seems the GF is growing up in its treatment of women, giving credence to their brains as well as their beauty.

Sadly, @Section_31 with his dubious pot noodle idea, still has ground to make up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Good to know that once Rachel Riley started communicating her political views, the TLW community judged her more on that, than her looks.  It seems the GF is growing up in its treatment of women, giving credence to their brains as well as their beauty.

Sadly, @Section_31 with his dubious pot noodle idea, still has ground to make up.

Yes mate.  That’s exactly what’s happened. All she can do is add up.  

52 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

OK. It's the job of the forum to condemn every abusive tweet towards everyone; if we don't, we're just a bunch of racist misogynists.  I admire the way you routinely condemn all the threats and abuse that, for example, Diane Abbott gets. 

As for the "thread about how fit she is" (which was actually started to say she's shit at maths; bizarre, but true), obviously once she started spouting lies and false accusations it was good to get mentioned in her thread. If Kelly Brook joined the KKK she'd get grief for that, irrespective of the aceness of her nipples.

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

OK. It's the job of the forum to condemn every abusive tweet towards everyone; if we don't, we're just a bunch of racist misogynists.  I admire the way you routinely condemn all the threats and abuse that, for example, Diane Abbott gets. 

As for the "thread about how fit she is" (which was actually started to say she's shit at maths; bizarre, but true), obviously once she started spouting lies and false accusations it was good to get mentioned in her thread. If Kelly Brook joined the KKK she'd get grief for that, irrespective of the aceness of her nipples.

Not loving the magic grandad is analogous to joining the KKK.  Wonderful stuff.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And again. That’s deffo what he was saying, not that if one person is hot and acts in a way you don’t like and another person is hot and acts in a way you don’t like, you’d still criticise them. Nope. He was saying not liking Corbyn was like joining the KKK. Deffo. 

Hyperbole is dead. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Lots of people don't love Corbyn. Riley has never had any criticism or abuse for not loving Corbyn.

Also, the KKK thing; it's hyperbole. It's another form of humour.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Lots of people don't love Corbyn. Riley has never had any criticism or abuse for not loving Corbyn.

Also, the KKK thing; it's hyperbole. It's another form of humour.

I suppose we’re lucky you didn’t say the SS. Hyperbole.