You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - 2014 Reveal

Allan

Finally got this on PS3. I really like it.  Digging the mega-size Ghosts style maps but with a Modern Warfare feel.  The jump boosty thing felt a bit gimicky and shit at first but I can see its merit now.  I think I'll be better at this than I was on Ghosts, which unfairly punished snipers in my humble opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Finally got this on PS3. I really like it.  Digging the mega-size Ghosts style maps but with a Modern Warfare feel.  The jump boosty thing felt a bit gimicky and shit at first but I can see its merit now.  I think I'll be better at this than I was on Ghosts, which unfairly punished snipers in my humble opinion. 

Now that I have someone to play with, ooh er missus. I may head out and grab this today like the mug that I am. 

• Upvote 1

Had my first match. No idea what the map was called, it has a temple kind of thing in the middle and some oil drilling machinery?

No lag, seemed nice and smooth. First match and first impressions are OK. It's automatically put me in the TLW_TNF clan as well by the look of things. 

What's the score with Loot and the Supply Drop things in the online menu?

I've not done any class setup yet, no idea what weapons to go for initially. What are you lot using so far?

Also are there no Claymore/Bettie type of devices?

I've started making some classes up or at least getting them prepped. My run and gun class will be brilliant once I get to level 17 I think, lightweight and all of the stealth classed should be available.

It won't let me call one of my classes Assault Air because it contains profanity apparently?

The claymore/betty replacement is the Proximity Drone that you unlock at level 41.

If you're playing the standard game mode, then you'll want to be unlocking and equipping Blast Suppressor in Perk 3, just as soon as you can. Keeps you off the mini map while you're diong the boosty things.

I can't see a bettie/claymore type thing either so I use the extra slots for perks.  I am using the first bolt-action rifle, it's okay. 

The MORS. I love the sound it makes.

mors-main-1.jpgmors-stats-1.jpg

From what I've read, the MORS and the Lynx are the only sniper rifles worth using, as the next 2 to be unlocked are rather quirky, to say the least.

Only had 5 or so games so far and taking a break as I've got some work to do on one of the cars.

Mixed bag, had one game on Terrace which went really badly (I suspect that might be the map I hate on this one) and then some up and down games. Last game before I came offline went 7 kills and had some kill streaks coming and such like then couldn't get a kill at all.

Do the turrets only work if you control them on this version? Didn't get a single kill and it didn't seem to fire at all as far as I can tell. 

Edit: Forget that, I've just checked and you have to upgrade to get that. It can be upgraded to 360 degrees as well!

Had a bit of a run before my tea when I finished on the car. Got the first bolt action but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Still a bit of a mixed bag but I'm going for the old faithful and just circling the edge of the maps. 

K/D has crept up to 0.75 already and I've still logged less than an hour. So not too unhappy just yet. 

What's your current go to loadout?

Early doors, I'd run 2 classes. One more aggressive than the other.

BAL-27 with Grip & RDS - Lightweight, Peripherals & Toughness

AK12 with Grip & Suppressor - Low Profile, Blind Eye & Toughness

The HBRa3 is my weapon of choice now, though.

Once unlocked, I'd add perk 3 greed and run Blast Suppressor if playing the standard playlists. Whereas on classic playlists, Blast Suppressor is a waste of a pick, so combining Low Profile with Lightweight, or Cold Blooded with Blind Eye is how I'd go.

I don't typically run with exo abilities, as only 3 seem worthwhile - Overclock, Cloak & Mute.

I very rarely use the exo launcher either, but if pushed, I'd use stuns or threat grenades. Each of which are nullified by the Hard Wired or Cold Blooded perks, respectively.

I try to load up on perks, and perhaps a third attachment for my primary. I never carry a secondary, and I only really use the UAV scorestreak, with the Support, Direction & Extra Time modules attached. (I have a class that swaps out the Extra Time for the Scrambler module).

The KF5?

Supply drops, as you may have figured by now, are rewards given after a certain amount of game time/score per minute. They'll include weapon variants and custom gear. Most of these can be exchanged for XP if you don't want the items. Sadly, there are some items that you cannot exchange.

You can only mute one at a time in the lobby for some unknown reason, but, once you're in the game itself, you have further mute options. 

Press select or start, I can't remember which, and go into the Mute Players option in the menu, and then you can mute whomever you wish, either individually, or as a collective.

I don't get the option to mute all but party like I'd prefer. They need a "shut every fucker up" option.

Had some lag issues today which is the first time I've played since Sunday. Just people bouncing and it stuttering a lot, most lobbies had a lot of French in and as in previous versions it appears that the French have the worst internet connections in the world. 

I was the only one with full connection in pretty much every lobby. 

I don't get the option to mute all but party like I'd prefer. They need a "shut every fucker up" option.

Had some lag issues today which is the first time I've played since Sunday. Just people bouncing and it stuttering a lot, most lobbies had a lot of French in and as in previous versions it appears that the French have the worst internet connections in the world. 

I was the only one with full connection in pretty much every lobby. 

You should have Mute Options when the game starts. If you press Start as the countdown is running, you should have enough time to get into the Mute Options menu and do the necessary.

I've not played a public game for a while, but I have been farting about in private matches against bots, testing loadouts, etc..

Also, I've got a new router due for delivery tomorrow, which has geo-filtering to allow me to be selective with connections.

Netduma

I can mute them, it's just a pain in the arse. Every version should have mute very quick and easy. They must know they have a huge amount of gobshites. I used to just turn the chat volume down but along with many things on my headset that doesn't work now.

Hovering just under 1.0 K/D now. 

I'm finding I don't really have any runs, it's kill, be killed. Get a couple, be killed. Barely managed over a 5 streak at any point. 

There don't seem to be many killstreaks coming out so presumably that's the same for most other people or they are loading up on other things and not using them. 

I've switched to the MP11 for run and gun now, it seems a lot more effective than the KF5 and ASM1.

I'm pretty much just redeeming everything I get in the supply drops, gained 4 or 5 levels just through that alone. 

I'm a big fan of the SN6 SMG, though the FK5 & ASM1 are damned good too. Not really used the MP11 that much, but I've not bee too fond of it when I've tried it in private matches.

For scorestreaks, I always run UAV with the support module, so I can get at least one reward during a normal TDM.

sn6-main-1.jpgsn6-stats-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I found the KF5 was OK but couldn't get away with the ASM1 at all.

The MP11 seems more like the P90 and PP90M1 from MW3 or the MP7 and PDW did in BO2. Certainly feels like I'm getting more kills with it, maybe it's more suited to an aggresive run and gun as I don't really do anything in between. It's either dead slow and camped or balls out run and gun. I've not spent much time on the others, I will when I prestige as it's quicker to level up with a new weapon because of all of the challenge bonuses and what not. 

Current classes I'm using are:

Run and Gun

MP11

Perk 1 Greed - Lightweight and Low Profile

Perk 2 Greed - Blind Eye and Cold Blooded

Perk 3 - Toughness (this will probably become Greed and include Hardline once I get to that level).

Exo Shield

2 x Frag

Basic UAV

Remote Turret with Sentry

Snipe

Overkill - MP11 and MORS

Perk 1 - Low Profile

Perk 2 Greed - Blind Eye & Cold Blooded

Perk 3 - Hard Wired

UAV

Remote Turret with Sentry

I've 3 slots left on the class but nothing to use on there as yet until I free up some other perks or whatever that claymore/betty alternative is.

I've also got an Assault rifle, assault rifle with anti air and a heavy class with the fully auto pulse LMG replacement but I've not really used those classes at all yet. Once I've prestiged I'll start on the other weapons I think. 

Edit: I've not played anything other than the classic playlist so far so don't do anything exo jump wise and I've not played the campaign as frankly they are always shit. 

Had a few games today, using my new Geo-Filtering router. Definitely going to need some tweaking, tuning and general testing to see what works best for me.

I started off with a minimal filter of about 500Km, but was going into lobbies and then being thrown out straight away on a loop. I increased the filter to around 700Km and was getting into lobbies with no problems, but in game lag was quite apparent, and then finally, I extended the filter to 1000Km and found that both lobbies and in game were smooth, with the very odd exception.

I've signed up to the NetDuma forum, so I'll be dropping a thread in there with the details of my connection, and my experiences while playing today. I know from reading a few threads that others have experienced the lobby boot loop issue, and that the devs for NetDuma are working on fixes and new features to assist with this sort of thing.

I was on yesterday afternoon and very hit and miss. Got on last night with TK and had my first go at the mode with the Exo jumps and what not. Not my cup of tea at all!

Rest of the night I couldn't get my act together in classic TDM afterwards. 

I think the key to the 'new' standard with all the exo stuff, for us oldies, is to use the abilities only when it's absolutely necessary. No point even trying to string a load of exo move combos together, because our reactions are just too slow in comparison to those playing against us. (Well, it's true for me, anyway)

Been contemplating getting the PS3 version as well, so that I can join you of an evening. (Far cheaper than you buying a PS4 and a copy of the game).

I had a few senior moments when playing CTDM earlier. Catch a glimpse of an enemy, aim down sight, continue to aim down sight, aim down sight some more, hear footsteps nearby thinking it's a team mate, watch killcam of previously spotted enemy unloading bullets into the back of my head... Bastard.