Quantcast
The Foodie thread - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Champ

The Foodie thread

I would like a frying pan I can put in the oven. Any recommendations?

Guest ShoePiss

I have a 11 3/4" le creuset skillet that works very well. Cheaper option would just be any old cast iron pan.

What's it for, do you need a lid?

You know, like making tarte tatin and that kind of thing

If not Shoe Piss has already given you your answer.

Le Creuset. Sighs. For a different purpose I had my eye on one of their shallow casseroles but I just couldnt justify the price. How-ever, that little phrase, buy cheap buy twice always rings in my ear' so I am just left longing.

I was hoping for a 'budget but fabulous' option for the oven-proof frying pan but maybe the same rule applies.....

And in other news, I can thoroughly recommend Waitrose croissants, just warmed with apricot jam (Bonne Mamman, of course)

Waitrose rock at pretty much everything apart from their bread which is shite and the fruit & veg is expensive.

Generally much fitter checkout girls, too, which is nice

• Downvote 1

What's it for?

And don't say to go in the oven.

If you're asking me again, I answered the first time. ( Does that sound arsey?)

Individual ones or large ones what? Tartes tatin? (see, I know my French) They were just an example. I'm just looking for a reasonable sized heavy duty frying pan that can go in the oven and was hoping that someone might come up with a gem that would avoid me shelling out for Le Creuset

Just heading out to pick up my Dad's scarifier....which reminded me, I 've just noticed that my gooseberry bush has come into leaf. Hoping for better things this year

Individual ones or large ones what? Tartes tatin? (see, I know my French) They were just an example. I'm just looking for a reasonable sized heavy duty frying pan that can go in the oven and was hoping that someone might come up with a gem that would avoid me shelling out for Le Creuset

Why, who on here are you inviting around now?

Le Creuset. Sighs. For a different purpose I had my eye on one of their shallow casseroles but I just couldnt justify the price. How-ever, that little phrase, buy cheap buy twice always rings in my ear' so I am just left longing.

I was hoping for a 'budget but fabulous' option for the oven-proof frying pan but maybe the same rule applies.....

14" black iron frying pan £13. Perfect for tarte tatin.

Vogue Black Iron Fry Pan | Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment

Why' date=' who on here are you inviting around now?[/quote']

I wish I could invite you round and have done with it!

They're not bad, for the money you won't get better.

That's hardly a recommendation. Is it? Will I just wish I'd spent the money and bought Le Creuset?

That's hardly a recommendation. Is it? Will I just wish I'd spent the money and bought Le Creuset?

Depends who's coming around.

Cheap one would be fine to use for me.

They're brilliant for tarte tatin, absolutely perfect.

For £13 it's worth a go.

Depends who's coming around.

Cheap one would be fine to use for me.

I should be thankful you didnt mention the b word.

It isnt for anything specific but having got my mojo back I've just got renewed interest in things...and changing/buying stuff

maybe I'm getting a bit high? Who cares?

They're brilliant for tarte tatin, absolutely perfect.

For £13 it's worth a go.

And now you're just teasing me but for 13 quid....

(See my previous post!)

I should be thankful you didnt mention the b word.

It isnt for anything specific but having got my mojo back I've just got renewed interest in things...and changing/buying stuff

Anyway, as you'd probably guess, too much cooked fruit in a tatin for me.

Mine's an apple gallette, please.