You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

post on ynwa about Gerrard/Parry bust up

Cunny

make of it what you will

http://www.ynwa.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=30550

...at a cocktail party on the Grand Turk tall ship, Albert Dock (flippin' freezin', it was).

Tall guy with glasses, about 35 yrs old. He described the PFA as the 'footballer's union'.

Basically, this is what he said:

'Stevie is definitely going to Chelsea...'

'He has had a couple of major bust ups with Rick Parry and the relationship is now beyond repair'.

'One of the later bust ups happened when Parry tried to reprimand Stevie for his 'LFC needs to sign 3 major players' comment. Parry thought it was unduly threatening and told Stevie that it was unhelpful to make those type of comments at that particular time'. Stevie told him to 'F*ck off'.

'But the major row came when Ged was fired and it became apparent that the Board favoured Benitez. Stevie felt that he been publically humilated by the management as, despite being club captain, they consulted him but then simply ignored his comments.

The main source of irritation for Stevie was that he had publically supported Ged - but then the board still sacked him. Then he expressed a preference for a particular type of manager - the board again ignored him and opted for Benitez, who happened to be Owen's choice, which added to his annoyance'.

This chap, who happened to be a Lincoln City fan and with no particular agenda against LFC, said that if LFC fans wanted a villian they should look no further that Stevie's agent, SFX, who have been very quick to capitilise upon Stevie's discontent by opening channels to Chelsea... 'adding petrol to a smouldering fire' was the comment.

I didn't like this bloke - he was just a bit too smug - and he nearly threw him overboard when he said 'LFC fans will just have to get over it....'

If this is true, it smacks of Gerrard thinking he's bigger than the club. What does he want to do? Pick the team? Mind you, by all accounts he virtually did at the end of the season. Maybe being captain has totally gone to his head.

It also implies that he was pissed off that the club didn't appoint Curbishley.... if thats his attitude, then quite frankly i'll pack his bags for him. We have just signed up one of the best managers in Europe, and about to start a new era and quite possibly a new brilliant chapter in our club history, and all Stevie can do is piss and moan...

If thats true then good riddance.

The thing is stories like this gain a life of their own. My initial reaction was to think the worst, but it sounds like a bit of shaggy dog story to me now.

There's a big difference between believing someone who consistently delivers the real deal and believing a random story on the net. I feel let down by Gerrard, but I don't want to start hating him. This whole issue is doing my head in. It's far worse than the GH debate.

The thing is stories like this gain a life of their own. My initial reaction was to think the worst, but it sounds like a bit of shaggy dog story to me now.

There's a big difference between believing someone who consistently delivers the real deal and believing a random story on the net. I feel let down by Gerrard, but I don't want to start hating him. This whole issue is doing my head in. It's far worse than the GH debate.

I really really really don't want to feel anything other than pride and admiration for Stevie. But it is so hard to do that now. It is clear that he is enticed by Chelsea, and that and his silence hurt so much. I don't want liverpool to have to beg Stevie to stay. His attitude needs to be spot on, and he has to be able to focus on his football without any distraction or any lingering unhappiness. He has to make his own decision and if he decides to stay,be 100% comitted to the club and basically tell Chelsea to fuck off....otherwise the speculation will continue if he does stay, and be reignited in December, then in the Summer etc etc......

I'd take it with a pinch of salt for now. Not because I don't want to believe it or anything, but because it has been posted at 6pm on a sunday about 12 hours after the papers have been put on sale and surprise surprise a similar story has apparently appeared in the sunday mirror. If it had been posted days ago and then reported maybe but posted after the newspapers have reported it then I will take it as a pinch of salt.

I tend to think Stevie's lurve for Ged was a tad melodramatic and playing to the galleries (a favourite ploy of Robbies too). He may have liked Houllier as a person but as sure as night follows day he knew Ged didn't cut it as a manager any longer.

Maybe it was part of his exit strategy to look the wronged one.

Maybe I'm getting paranoid now, but on the front of The Guardian's sport section today there's a shot of the whole squad warming up. Gerrard is on the far left with his new best mate, Lampard, and Michael and Jamie are together on the far right.

There's always a down side to for Liverpool when our players go off to England games. It's usually injury or a pasting off the press. This is far worse. Fuck England; get OUR boys home.

I don't care what relationship Gerrard has with Parry he plays for the club, for the shirt and for the fans who support him and pay his wages. He's a complete gobshite if he goes to Chelsea and he'd be the biggest judas in the clubs proud history.

I don't care what relationship Gerrard has with Parry he plays for the club, for the shirt and for the fans who support him and pay his wages. He's a complete gobshite if he goes to Chelsea and he'd be the biggest judas in the clubs proud history.

Exactly, and that is why I would hope this "Gerrard to Chelski" is all b*llox.

He would never be able to show his face in Liverpool again as joining Chelski would betray every principal a Scouser is brought up on.

In fact I would say that Chelski are the very antipathis of our Scouseness.

Greed, selfishness, arrogance, intolerance and indifference.

Col.