You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickheads Hutton is fucking shit. Why anyone would pay money for the cunt I have no idea.

Villa fans asked for a full back and they got Hutton dressed as Lahm.

Who did we try to sign on loan exactly?

So, you've worked out from about 75 minutes of football that despite scoring once and missing a few good chances that this lad is well worth the 10 million that they paid for him?

Christ, we need to get you working at the club if you can do that. We send scouts and that to watch them a few times to get this answer!

Id like to see our scouts have a crack.

On what basis do you say our scouting is NOT shit?

In the last 10 years we must have signed 30 plus kids that we never hear a thing from again.

A million here, a million there, happened all the time when Rafa was here. None of them EVER came through.

We might have 2 good defenders on our hands in Robinson and Flanagan, but they are (i believe) largely homegrown.

We buy overpriced shit and we now have a solid gold reputation for doing so.

Theres great value out there, and we keep missing it, therefore i conclude our scouting team are shit.

In the last 10 years we must have signed 30 plus kids that we never hear a thing from again.

A million here, a million there, happened all the time when Rafa was here. None of them EVER came through.

We might have 2 good defenders on our hands in Robinson and Flanagan, but they are (i believe) largely homegrown.

Theres great value out there, and we keep missing it, therefore i conclude our scouting team are shit.

Same as nearly every club, especially the top clubs. We might have wasted some money but we've also got some absolutely fantastic value in some of our signings.

Not sure you can conclude they're shit. Maybe we've just not developed players as well as we could have.

Money set aside for interest payments? doh!

Unless of course you know otherwise. FSG said from the get go they won't be putting their own money in. If they've done an about turn and shared that with you, we'd like to hear about it.

I honestly have no clue but I ain't going round saying what is going on as if I do know, am I?

I think Thompson has a fair point to be honest.

Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba etc might not have been totally unknown - but I hadn't heard of any of them before Newcastle got them.

Carr is doing a really good job scouting these players and recommending them to Pardew.

We've just spent 70+ million on Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing. Our scouts aren't exactly plucking gems.

cant see past a United win today, anyone think differently?

I think both teams are weak at the back. So can see both conceeding.

think it will depend which Torres turns up.

Not sure you can conclude they're shit. Maybe we've just not developed players as well as we could have.

Alan Carrs dad is finding these players from all over, and they all seem to working out pretty well.

He's signed half a fucking team thats above us in the league for about £30mill.

I dont care about development, i care about finding some much needed good bargains, that go in the team now, and make a difference now, and we are SHIT at it.

Its not up for debate.

I think Thompson has a fair point to be honest.

This Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba etc might not have been totally unknown - but I hadn't heard of any of them before Newcastle got them.

Carr is doing a really good job scouting these players and recommending them to Pardew.

We've just spent 70+ million on Adam, Henderson, Carroll and Downing. Our scouts aren't exactly plucking gems.

You hadn't heard of Ba before Newcastle signed him?

Tiote is a good player. Cisse has played one game and Cabaye about half a season. If we are now judging how good players actually are on that little time frame then we are really into the "Sky generation" of demanding instant gratification and haven't learnt from at least two members of our squad who've gotten tons better during their time at the club.