You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish is still debating whether to hand summer signings Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Alexander Doni their debuts against Hull City on Saturday - a game you can watch exclusively live on this website.

Henderson was in U21 action with England this summer and so sat out our tour of Asia last week, while Doni and Downing did not complete their moves in time to travel to the Far East.

Coverage of tomorrow's friendly begins at 2.30pm BST on LFCTV Online and there is a chance fans will see all three players take part.

"We will have a look at them and decide what's best," Dalglish said. "There is certainly no rush for us to play anyone in these pre-season games.

"Stewart has been training for a fortnight and Jordan only started training on Monday.

"Everyone has trained well this week and the players are looking in good shape. Nowadays they come back looking as fit as they were before the break.

"But some have started back later than others and we have to take that into consideration.

"It's a pre-season game and we will treat it as such. We need to use these games to give as much benefit to as many players as we can.

"I'm not sure what the ruling will be in terms of the number of subs we can use. But we will certainly use up our full quota and field as many as possible."

Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel and Fabio Aurelio also missed the tour through injury, while Pepe Reina (hernia) and Steven Gerrard (groin) are still returning to 100 per cent fitness after operations.

"There are a few knocks but they shouldn't take too long to clear," Dalglish added. "We're certainly not going to take any risks with anyone at this stage. We don't want to spoil anyone's chances of being fit for the first game of the season.

"We've got plenty of games coming up with the trips to Turkey and Norway after Hull."

Looks like Downing and Hendo will get a run out, well up for this game.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't actually believe I'm looking forward to a pre-season game. I'm looking forward to seeing signs of the future. Although, I'm kind of dreading the premature reactification on here if Downing crosses for a Carroll goal.

I can't actually believe I'm looking forward to a pre-season game. I'm looking forward to seeing signs of the future. Although, I'm kind of dreading the premature reactification on here if Downing crosses for a Carroll goal.

Quality

I'm hoping for an idea as to what exactly Hendo will do for us. and I wanna see caroll get about the place more, looks a bit chubby and immobile for someone so young.

Edited by Rapey Hugh
Chubby is a bit harsh

LFC has a significant Norwegian fanbase, but regardless of this, I hope the club choses to start the game at Hull with 1 minute silence to remember the fallen in the tragic events in Norway. Norwegians have always felt close to the British people, and a minute of silence would be a nice gesture.

(Sorry for posting what many might believe is irrelevant for this match, but I can not fathom the recent events in my "neighbourhood")

LFC has a significant Norwegian fanbase, but regardless of this, I hope the club choses to start the game at Hull with 1 minute silence to remember the fallen in the tragic events in Norway. Norwegians have always felt close to the British people, and a minute of silence would be a nice gesture.

(Sorry for posting what many might believe is irrelevant for this match, but I can not fathom the recent events in my "neighbourhood")

Reds mourn Norway victims

23rd Jul 2011

Liverpool players will today wear black armbands during the friendly against Hull City as a mark of respect to those who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks in Norway on Friday.

Liverpool Football Club has always enjoyed incredible support in Scandinavia, and Norway in particular, and the thoughts of everyone at the club are with the people of Norway and the relatives of those who lost their lives or were injured.

Managing Director Ian Ayre said: "Everyone at the football club was shocked to hear the news and see the television pictures coming out of Norway.

"Some of our most passionate fans are Norwegian and we count them as friends as well as supporters.

"The team is due to play in Norway on August 1. Ahead of that, we want our fans to know we are thinking of them at this terrible time."

Reds mourn Norway victims - Liverpool FC

---------------Jones-----------------

Degen-----Wilson---Kyrgiakos---Insua

Cole-----Aqualini----Poulson--Jovanovic

-------------Meireles-----------------

---------------Ngog-------------------

Jesus christ, I don't see any of them staying at the club by september. (Wilson & N'gog need loans)

Can't wait to see more of Ayala have a bit of a soft spot for him, Degenerate can get fucked.

Oddly enough, when I used to watch him in the reserves I thought he was total shit but the few chances he had in the first team I thought he did ok. So long as you have someone experienced playing next to him he is steady enough. Not a bad player to have in the squad.