You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New phone suggestions!!!!

Fugitive

My upgrade is due next week and I want something decent but have no idea what to get. Currently using a Nokia N8 which I got for nothing through work but apart from the boss camera, it's doing my head in. The phone I actually got with the contract was an N97 which was fucking shit.

Need to get away from Symbian and wont be touching Nokias until they start rolling out the Windows OS.

So, any suggestions???

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you definitely want the Windows OS then you could look at the HTC HD7. My brother has one and it's more than decent.

Nah, anything but Symbian will be sound. I want a good all-rounder.

I really like Nokia phones because the hardware is usually top notch but I cant stand symbian any more. The thing that puts me off the iphone is the fact that every fucker has one and let everyone else know they've got one.

HTC seem to be really good. What is their best phone and what is the Blackberry Torch like?

the network your on,pop into your nearest one of their shops and ask the same question,makes more sense.

Not really. I trust the TNF's opinions more than some cunt in a shop and I'd like some opinions based on their experiences using the phone.

Not really. I trust the TNF's opinions more than some cunt in a shop and I'd like some opinions based on their experiences using the phone.

dont be a daft prick,we'l all tell you the phones we have are great,all different phones,what use is that ye dozy cunt?

go into your nearest carphone warehouse and make the same inquiry,or ask mates if you have any,surely if you know people outside the internet they all have a different variety of phones.:whatever:

dont be a daft prick,we'l all tell you the phones we have are great,all different phones,what use is that ye dozy cunt?

go into your nearest carphone warehouse and make the same inquiry,or ask mates if you have any,surely if you know people outside the internet they all have a different variety of phones.:whatever:

My mates are not as geeky as the TNFers and most people on the TNF usually give good unbiased advice.

You're Irish though and your opinion does not count because you're all as thick as pig shit.

HTC seem to be really good. What is their best phone and what is the Blackberry Torch like?

No idea as to the best HTC because I've never had one. I was a Sony Ericsson man until recently when I upgraded to a BlackBerry. I have the Curve but the Torch is boss. I didn't want an hugely expensive contract or to splash out on the phone so I had to forfeit the Torch which was actually my preferred choice.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Using the BB Torch here, couldn't see what all the BB fuss was, 'till I got one. Superb, and twice the battery life of other smartphones I've used.

I had a Sony Ericsson W810i for 6 years.

Just got an iPhone 4 on Thursday. It's a fucking beast. Got an app for it called Star Walk. You hold you phone up to the sky and it fucking shows you what stars you are looking at as you are looking at them, shows you exactly where all the constellations, planets and even SATELLITES are at any given moment. And you can go forward and backward in time so you can see WHEN a particular object will be visible.

Anyway that's just an app. The phone itself has been a joy thus far.

Just got an iPhone 4 on Thursday. It's a fucking beast. Got an app for it called Star Walk. You hold you phone up to the sky and it fucking shows you what stars you are looking at as you are looking at them, shows you exactly where all the constellations, planets and even SATELLITES are at any given moment. And you can go forward and backward in time so you can see WHEN a particular object will be visible.

You make that sound even more boring than I'm sure it actually is. Congrats!

Guest ShoePiss

I have that, works great. Flyby is a good one for satellites by the way, it will pop up with an alert letting you know one will be overhead at a given time. More of a summer thing for me while staying on the boat getting pissed though.

Edit: Actually I don't. I have starmap pro on the phone and starmap hd on the ipad. Same deal though.

I have that, works great. Flyby is a good one for satellites by the way, it will pop up with an alert letting you know one will be overhead at a given time. More of a summer thing for me while staying on the boat getting pissed though.

Edit: Actually I don't. I have starmap pro on the phone and starmap hd on the ipad. Same deal though.

Well I reckon flyby shall be my next app. Can someone please rep stumptown for me, as flyby will no doubt warrant it.

Got myself a HTC desire and its brilliant. The barcode scanner is a particulalry favourite app of mine.

Was out shopping for a new fishtank in pets at home the other day. Was trying to be sold one by one of their staff. In store they have a price match promise (and to refund the difference). Whilst the fella was selling it to me I scanned its barcode and fouond I could get it a tenner cheaper elsewhere. So got a £20 discount. This phone will pay for itself soon!

The girlfriend was upgrading her phone last week, we went into bestbuy and the fella in there was really sound, really informative and not at all pushy with the sales technique. Basically he said don't touch nokias with a bargepole, and android phones are where its at. Also said that blackberrys are superb for web browsing etc. She decided to get the same phone as me and loves it.

Got myself a HTC desire and its brilliant. The barcode scanner is a particulalry favourite app of mine.

Was out shopping for a new fishtank in pets at home the other day. Was trying to be sold one by one of their staff. In store they have a price match promise (and to refund the difference). Whilst the fella was selling it to me I scanned its barcode and fouond I could get it a tenner cheaper elsewhere. So got a £20 discount. This phone will pay for itself soon!

The girlfriend was upgrading her phone last week, we went into bestbuy and the fella in there was really sound, really informative and not at all pushy with the sales technique. Basically he said don't touch nokias with a bargepole, and android phones are where its at. Also said that blackberrys are superb for web browsing etc. She decided to get the same phone as me and loves it.

I love happy endings.