You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One fantastic idea for the finance rules.

Guest simon

It was a bloody good idea just the way im explaining it is hard i cant do it even listening to it now i can not put it in to words. Hopefuly some one will explain what im trying to say.

The idea the council will give over park land to the club so they can then restrict members of the public using it to make cash out of it is daft.

Your idea of moving this closer to the ground has merit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fan zone with big screens, bars and restaurants sounds a good idea Simon. We are limited with the number of corporate facilities that we have in the existing stadium, and having them located outside the stadium as they do at Twickenham may be the way forward.

Wouldn't work in football Steve. Different clientele altogether. You can sit down outside twickenham & have a fry up. Beer widely avaiable inside & outside the ground. Bit like NFL where they have BBQ's in the car park & surrounding areas. There's more of an occasion / day out feel about it.

Football fans are a different breed. Its to the dive of a pub before hand, get in the ground watch the game then its back off to the pub. Very little loitering around the ground before & after the game.

Even if Liverpool managed to secure our own tv right to show every game live in bars outside the ground, it'd have a to make a fortune on matchday to cover costs for every other day. If anfield was expanded to 55K + do you think there's another few thousand who'll travel to the ground to watch the game on a few big tv's drinking overpriced beer.

People being a little bit harsh on Simon here.

I should say so, and you of all people would know why!

Our owners have already seen how succesful Simon's idea can be in practice with "Yawkey Way" , so why wouldn't they try and replicate it?

Furthermore what's wrong with it? Absolutely nothing. It's an excellent way to generate added revenue and it would revitalise an area that needs a real boost.

Chin up Simon lad, not your fault there are some self serving myopic muppets on here that would rather try and pick on what they perceive as any easy target than actually discuss the merits of ATK's idea.

I'd love to see Anfield regenerated, yeah it's great to walk down the old streets and they'll still be there but what would be even better would be to see jobs created and the area cleaned up and houses renovated rather than being bordered up and somewhere to park wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either!

Edited by WrongIslander

Guest simon

Stumptown - this is not a business plan, it is merely an idea that I have posted as a way of sparking debate. I am pleased to see that you are now acknowledging that with thorough planning and careful thought it could be a good idea. Location wise I am proposing that the fan zone is constructed at the rear of a newly built Anfield Rd stand. We could build a hotel which I am sure would be used by fans who could buy a hotel and match ticket package.

Twickenham has corporate facilities located outside the stadium so why can't we?

They have fan parks at world cup stadia so why can't we?

Why can't we offer the council a sum of money for them to release the land to enable us to create jobs for local people and prosperity?To clarify, I am not saying the council should hand over land in the middle of stanley park

My idea is to have a fan zone at the rear of a newly constructed Anfield Rd stand

Clearly a financial package would need to be agreed with the council to entice them to part with the land.

Wouldn't work in football Steve. Different clientele altogether. You can sit down outside twickenham & have a fry up. Beer widely avaiable inside & outside the ground. Bit like NFL where they have BBQ's in the car park & surrounding areas. There's more of an occasion / day out feel about it.

Football fans are a different breed. Its to the dive of a pub before hand, get in the ground watch the game then its back off to the pub. Very little loitering around the ground before & after the game.

Even if Liverpool managed to secure our own tv right to show every game live in bars outside the ground, it'd have a to make a fortune on matchday to cover costs for every other day. If anfield was expanded to 55K + do you think there's another few thousand who'll travel to the ground to watch the game on a few big tv's drinking overpriced beer.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we replicate Twickenham GC, exactly for the reasons you've put forward.

However decent bars with good ale would go down a treat. Betting facilities, food that's eadible etc.

There is plenty of room to make a lot more money.

Stumptown - this is not a business plan, it is merely an idea that I have posted as a way of sparking debate. I am pleased to see that you are now acknowledging that with thorough planning and careful thought it could be a good idea. Location wise I am proposing that the fan zone is constructed at the rear of a newly built Anfield Rd stand. We could build a hotel which I am sure would be used by fans who could buy a hotel and match ticket package.

Twickenham has corporate facilities located outside the stadium so why can't we?

Why can't we offer the council a sum of money for them to release the land to enable us to create jobs for local people and prosperity?To clarify, I am not saying the council should hand over land in the middle of stanley park

My idea is to have a fan zone at the rear of a newly constructed Anfield Rd stand

Clearly a financial package would need to be agreed with the council to entice them to part with the land.

I'm sure that's exactly what you wanted to say the first time Si, and the idea has merit.

However, there is absolutely no way you wrote that post...

I don't think anyone is suggesting we replicate Twickenham GC, exactly for the reasons you've put forward.

However decent bars with good ale would go down a treat. Betting facilities, food that's eadible etc.

Exactly. We are very limited in what we can house inside the existing stadium and having more facilities outside the ground may be a way of generating more income.

The idea the council will give over park land to the club so they can then restrict members of the public using it to make cash out of it is daft.

Your idea of moving this closer to the ground has merit.

It's daft till their budget comes in, it's not as high as they expected/need and LFC say they'll pay for the land and give them a percentage.

Then it just becomes grass with a large glass house on it.

I'm sure that's exactly what you wanted to say the first time Si, and the idea has merit.

However, there is absolutely no way you wrote that post...

It's not like it's the first time he's had trouble getting his point across and it was clear what he was driving at.

In the words of the right honorable James Zed, "some people just love to perform".

Guest simon

By the way stump he says you come across as a bit of a twat. He knows you by the ammount of times you have tried to take the piss his words not mine.

Guest ShoePiss

Am I talking to Si or ATK here? Doesn't matter I suppose...

The suggestions above are different to how it was originally presented.

Originally it was stupid, bars restaurants and a hotel to be used only by ticket holders? That's stupid.

What is being suggested by you now is nothing new but it's not stupid and I'm sure the club would look into it.

Guest ShoePiss
By the way stump he says you come across as a bit of a twat. He knows you by the ammount of times you have tried to take the piss his words not mine.

Cheers

how about we just stop paying ridculous amounts of money to Agents and very shit footballers. Also bringing through younger players would save the club millions per season in just wages let alone the money saved on trasnfer fees.

in theory it sound but look at some of the shit that's come through the youth system I'd rather we kept Poulsen than had some of them back tbh, that's just how bad it's been in recent years.

Guest simon

Thanks for your feedback Stumptown. My translator/carer/live in lover says you would be an alright bloke if you weren't such a smarmy cunt. His words not mine"

Thing is LF that these bars, betting shops/stalls and retaurants would all be redundant when there is no game. If there was potential good profit don't you think the club would have bought out the pubs/stalls & take aways surrounding the ground.

As for 'good ale' not a prayer