You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ask to leave

andrew78

If this happens im calling on a star player to ask to leave,torres gerrard pepe .You wont be thought any less of if you say what has happened what lies have been told,show some balls and show every liverpool fan what is going on ,only then the other fans will wake up.WE ARE WELL AND TRUELY FUCKED

If this happens im calling on a star player to ask to leave,torres gerrard pepe .You wont be thought any less of if you say what has happened what lies have been told,show some balls and show every liverpool fan what is going on ,only then the other fans will wake up.WE ARE WELL AND TRUELY FUCKED

then do something about it mate! go on the boycott thread.

& the ya

nks cashing in on a star player with the excuse that he wanted to leave will bother them how?

I dont no but it would raise serious issues if they said why the wanted to leave.im clutching a straws thats all were fucked either way .the further we fall surely that means the club is worthless

They dont have to ask to leave they just give an exclusive interview where they tell it how it is and say the fans and players should act together to get rid of the owners.

Will never happen

why should they?

you tell me why fernando Torres should come out and put his neck on the block to stand up for fans thats wont/cant fight their own battles?

why bother.

we need to prove we are fighting back THEN the players may speak out to keep it going and to drum up more support for the fight but The players are not going to lead this charge and nor should they

why should they?

you tell me why fernando Torres should come out and put his neck on the block to stand up for fans thats wont/cant fight their own battles?

why bother.

we need to prove we are fighting back THEN the players may speak out to keep it going and to drum up more support for the fight but The players are not going to lead this charge and nor should they

I don't see why not. There have been lots of signals from Torres's camp that he sees a change in ownership as an absolute demand for staying on, so he - and we - should expect the media to come calling when, or before, Hicks gets his new deal. It's only natural that he's asked again whether he wants to stay, and if he doesn't there is no reason for him to conceal the reasons for it.

It is evident that the club is run by participants that do not have the sporting ambitions that both we the fans and the top players would expect. Continuing under Hicks ownership, with debt shifted to an even more expensive creditor, will make this as clear as crystal. Therefore, I'd expect Torres not only to leave the club (maybe as soon as in the January window), but to voice his reasons as well. Players like Gerrard, Carragher and Reina must surely understand that keeping on at LFC will not conclude their careers as they desire, so there should be a chance that they actually would like to leave. Sure, they love the club and would rather play in a mediocre LFC team than whichever money fueled club like City or Chelsea, but doesn't it sooner or later become pointless playing for a club that doesn't aim to win trophies?

Thing is Hicks will be happy to sell him anyhow. Texas ended up in the Bankruptcy courts so is he bothered if another one of his teams does?

I've given up on the whole shower of the club, I didn't even bother today, Ive supported them since the age of 8 been to anfield many a time but the current situation with the owners is fucking the whole team up. He will never get his pie in the sky evaluation, so will never sell up. Another recession will completely wipe Liverpool FC out and the club will be in a far worse position than a Leeds or Portsmouth.

Also on the field looks dire too, I know it was a hard start but even the performances bar a half against Arsenal and in Europe have looked shambolic.

They dont have to ask to leave they just give an exclusive interview where they tell it how it is and say the fans and players should act together to get rid of the owners.

Will never happen

Torres and Reina have already done it. They have openly said the club needs new owners.

What more do you want from them? They are not even scousers!

If fans still someone to spell it for them, its their own fucking fault. We should have atleast boycotted ONE game by now. OH NO! Look at Anfield next weekend. It will be fucking full.

It looks like Torres is suffering already. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go next summer, maybe January for somewhere above £40mill.

Suffering from what though? He still gets paid doesn't he?

He chose to stay and he should show the attitude that is needed to win games.

If a £40m player puts his head down and feel sorry for himself, we will be better off having the £40m rather than the player.

And that applies to all the other players too.

Suffering from what though? He still gets paid doesn't he?

He chose to stay and he should show the attitude that is needed to win games.

If a £40m player puts his head down and feel sorry for himself, we will be better off having the £40m rather than the player.

And that applies to all the other players too.

Have to agree with that. Torres looked like he did at the end of last season for the last few games.

The sort of, ah well, fuck it, attitude.

As much as I would hate it, I would rather have a striker who wants to play, and gives his all, than one who gets paid and doesnt give a shite.

£40M to spend on a player who plays like he cares, or a Torres who plays like he doesnt? hmmmmmmm

Love the guy, but feck me, get your arse in order my little spanish friend.

Saying that, it cant be easy being a striker where you dont get to touch the ball because the rest of the team are playing more shite than your own attitude.

Tough call.