You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uruguay vs. France

RedKnight

Decent contest for the first match earlier, even if the Mexicans did screw me with their shitness letting South Africa scoring first. Anyway, I fancy an upset here, Uruguay to win 1-0. France's coach is just batshit insane, there's no way they'll do well with him.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

China beat France 1-0 the other week, so spirits are hardly going to be high in the French camp.

Uruagay were my bet to be the suprise package of the tournament, as on paper they have an excellent side, but the two wingers I thought were going to playing (Rodriguez of Porto and Martinez of Catania) haven't made the squad for some absurd reason, so I don't know.

I said two draws for todays games, so I'll stick with that. 2-2 here.

Decent contest for the first match earlier, even if the Mexicans did screw me with their shitness letting South Africa scoring first. Anyway, I fancy an upset here, Uruguay to win 1-0. France's coach is just batshit insane, there's no way they'll do well with him.

Said the same in the betting thread about Domenech, useless manager. Can't believe they still have him in charge. Backed Uruguay and Forlan to score first, think Uruguay can get a result.

on line betting is to easy ive just lost £10 on the first game mphela to score first and both teams to score in the 1st half,may aswell try to win it back i think Forlan 1st goalscorer game to finish a draw if that fails im sitting in for the england match tomorrow

Does Suarez play up front? Looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.

Yep, just bet on him to score, he'll get me just under £10 if so. (only had a bit of cash left on my account.) Am looking forward to seeing him too. Will be strange supporting Forlans team though.

Guest Pistonbroke
France are a fucking mess, they haven't played well for about ten games, I'm going for Uruguay and it''s not going to be an upset.

I agree mate, plus i wouldn't be surprised to see France going home after the group stages.

Get in Uruguay. I've put a bet on them winning this game and I'm pretty sure they will too. Forlan, Suarez, Abreu,.. They've got the quality strikers to finish the job. France have been absolute dire in the qualification campaign and they have absolutely no right to be where they are right now.

Managed to catch bits of the first game at work, and I have now just arrived home after taking an hour and a half to travel about 5 miles.

However, the beer is in the fridge and I'm looking forward to what should hopefully be a cracking game.

I think Uruguay will win, but I would be amused if the French nicked it, just because there will be a mass explosion of Irish outrage!