You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa, Mascherano and Kuyt to Inter?

PaulMcC

Mascherano was always going to leave this summer and i think he would rule hard in Italy.

Due to the pace i think Kuyts workrate will go down well there.

Cambassio and Balotelli (sp) and i might think about it.

This is the Key - Money is no good to us, it'll simply go to pay off "the stadium plans".

Swap deals all around this summer. Although who'll be chosing the players we want?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gerrard or any player wants to go so be it, I dont believe Gerrard said anything though, Gerrard has carried us for 10 years and owes us nothing, Mascherano has whinged for the last 18 months, and Torres has been out injured as much as he's been fit, with most his injuries happening with Spain, he more than the other 2 owes us another year. Purslows SOS meeting tells me he does'nt like the yanks, Kenny is now more involved it seems, and its not in the yanks intresrt to allow the team to have another shit season if there trying to sell, Standerd Charterd deal is now down 40% were not getting much more from them than what we got from Carlsberg as the deal is made up on performance, no CL money, TV share down, if players are sold the money willl be reinvested, Hicks cant ask for £500m for a shit team he knows this, he knows that there will be no more refinancing so he has to sell by March, they did'nt give Rafa assurances about reinvesting sales money as they knew several of the players did'nt wana play for him and did'nt want him to spend the money replacing them as they did'nt trust him.

Theres no leaks coming from the club now, I believe there will be a media blackout till after the world cup, Rafa has gone so thats the leaks to the Times gone, and Purslow has no need to leak to Maddock or Bascombe for the time, anything we hear in the next month is speculation without substance, the players are silent at the world cup that wont change, we have no manager and Kenny and Purslow are not gona say anything till after the World Cup.

There's glaring errors in that - Purslow plays games, he played games with the SOS minutes. He's played games with Benitez, He's playing games with Dalglish - how do you know these are not games being played by proxy for the Yanks?

If the Yanks sell Torres (£70 Mill) Gerrard (£35 Mill) Mascharano (£30 Mill) Kuyt (£10 Mill) they have £150 Mill to pay down the bank charges - They could pay off £100 Mill and protect themselves from the Banks calling in the loan - they could pocket the remainder and hang on for the next tranche of sales.

Agent: Mascherano move inevitable - FourFourTwo

Javier Mascherano is almost certain to join Inter Milan this summer, according to Italian agent Claudio Pasqualin.

"Liverpool's financial situation is not the best and so it's inevitable that they will sell some of their best players. Mascherano will almost certainly be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt next season," said Pasqualin, who is not the 26-year-old's agent.

"As for [Fernando] Torres, no one knows. And for [steven] Gerrard, he is the symbol of Liverpool so he is likely to stay there."

• 2 weeks later...

Cross your fingers and toes, folks;

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Inter are assessing a bid for Felipe Melo of Juventus rather than Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano, President Massimo Moratti has revealed.

The Nerazzurri were being hotly linked with the Argentine and initial discussions had begun with his entourage.

However, the Italian champions have been put off by his asking price – thought to be around €30m – and are looking at Brazil hardman Melo instead.

“Mascherano is a strong player, but it is unlikely that he will arrive,” said Moratti. “He simply costs too much and it is not certain that Liverpool will sell.

“Melo is an intriguing idea and one that we are working on.”

The latter could be made available by Juve after his struggles in Turin following his €24m move from Fiorentina last summer.

Turning to players who could possibly be leaving, Moratti blocked the exit of Mario Balotelli and Diego Milito, but left the door open for Douglas Maicon.

“Balotelli is our future and Milito won’t move,” he added. “Maicon? We’ll have to wait and see about him.”

The World Cup full-back is a transfer target for Real Madrid but Inter’s asking price of around €30m is proving problematic.

Inter have waved goodbye to boss Jose Mourinho this summer, but Moratti is confident that the winning cycle can continue under Rafael Benitez.

“We want to start the new season again as we ended the last one. We want to win everything possible next term,” he argued.

“I’m convinced that we can win the Scudetto for the next two years, but in order to stay in contention in the Champions League then we’ll need a real top signing.”

Send Mascherano's wife to Inter and keep Javier here - best of both worlds.

Surely we can find a nice Liverpool slapper to keep Mascherano happy??!

If he's getting Melo, he might as well take Lucas instead.

Yeah. Lucas would cost under half of what Melo would, and he's arguably just as good. Plus he's younger.

Though I doubt it means they've given up. I'm sure Rafa will make it clear that he wants Mascherano.

Liverpool snub Rafa Benitez over £25m Javier Mascherano with Barcelona preparing to pounce | Mail Online

Liverpool plan to take revenge on Rafa Benitez by selling Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Barcelona instead of Inter Milan, their former boss’s new club.

On the day Liverpool were linked with French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps to fill the managerial vacancy for which Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is still favourite, Barcelona emerged as the club most likely to sign Mascherano for £25million.

The Spanish champions will fund the deal by selling Yaya Toure to Manchester City for £25m.

The news will be received badly by Benitez, who signed Mascherano for Liverpool in 2008. He wanted the player at the San Siro but will instead pay for falling out with the Liverpool hierarchy before he left for Italy.

Mascherano, who has wanted to move for 12 months, refused to sign a new contract and continued off-field unrest will not persuade him to change his mind.

Liverpool’s pursuit of Hodgson has not been finalised and defeat for England today may mean the Fulham boss might prefer to become a candidate to succeed Fabio Capello should the Italian move on.

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow sounded out Marseille to find out if they would allow boss Deschamps to speak about a possible move.

The French club’s president, Jean-Claude Dassier, revealed: ‘I kindly indicated to him there wasn’t the slightest chance to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams.

'We have a trusting relationship with Didier. I’m not worried but it’s also true he is flattered to see a great European club interested in him.’

Uncertainty at Liverpool has increased, with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett in talks to sell the club to an unnamed party from the Middle East.

The asking price has dropped to about £560m from an original valuation of £800m and the new owners are likely to target Guus Hiddink if the manager’s post has not been filled.

Liverpool snub Rafa Benitez over £25m Javier Mascherano with Barcelona preparing to pounce | Mail Online

Liverpool plan to take revenge on Rafa Benitez by selling Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Barcelona instead of Inter Milan, their former boss’s new club.

On the day Liverpool were linked with French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps to fill the managerial vacancy for which Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is still favourite, Barcelona emerged as the club most likely to sign Mascherano for £25million.

The Spanish champions will fund the deal by selling Yaya Toure to Manchester City for £25m.

The news will be received badly by Benitez, who signed Mascherano for Liverpool in 2008. He wanted the player at the San Siro but will instead pay for falling out with the Liverpool hierarchy before he left for Italy.

Mascherano, who has wanted to move for 12 months, refused to sign a new contract and continued off-field unrest will not persuade him to change his mind.

Liverpool’s pursuit of Hodgson has not been finalised and defeat for England today may mean the Fulham boss might prefer to become a candidate to succeed Fabio Capello should the Italian move on.

Come and get me: Mascherano is keen on working with Benitez again at Inter

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow sounded out Marseille to find out if they would allow boss Deschamps to speak about a possible move.

The French club’s president, Jean-Claude Dassier, revealed: ‘I kindly indicated to him there wasn’t the slightest chance to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams.

'We have a trusting relationship with Didier. I’m not worried but it’s also true he is flattered to see a great European club interested in him.’

Uncertainty at Liverpool has increased, with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett in talks to sell the club to an unnamed party from the Middle East.

The asking price has dropped to about £560m from an original valuation of £800m and the new owners are likely to target Guus Hiddink if the manager’s post has not been filled.

Barca would'nt touch a water carrier like Mascherano, Buscats(sp) is twice the player he is, as much as Mascherano wants to believe his own hype he's decent yes energetic yes, but thats were it stops, he would'nt get a sniff of a team like Barca were you actually have to be able to pass the ball not just win it from the oppostion.

Barca would'nt touch a water carrier like Mascherano, Buscats(sp) is twice the player he is, as much as Mascherano wants to believe his own hype he's decent yes energetic yes, but thats were it stops, he would'nt get a sniff of a team like Barca were you actually have to be able to pass the ball not just win it from the oppostion.

Busquets is rubbish and a cheating cunt at that. Masch is twice the player he is. And Mascherano wouldnt need to spray 40 yard passes at Barca as that is what Xavi, and Iniesta are for. You must have some agenda with Mascherano.

Busquets is rubbish and a cheating cunt at that. Masch is twice the player he is. And Mascherano wouldnt need to spray 40 yard passes at Barca as that is what Xavi, and Iniesta are for. You must have some agenda with Mascherano.

No I dont, he's very good brilliant in fact at his limited game, Barca dont give the ball away they dont need a player like him that can do very little with it when he has it.

No I dont, he's very good brilliant in fact at his limited game, Barca dont give the ball away they dont need a player like him that can do very little with it when he has it.

Do very little when he has it? Why is he in the Argentina squad then? And Captain?

I may have been a bit ott there, what i ment to say was is Busgets has alot more to his game than Mascherano, and is a better fit to the Barca team

Busquets is a cheap version of Mascherano, watch him for Argentina they use his full potential. He breaks up the counter attack then sets the team off quickly on the attack by passing to the engine of the team (Veron/Alonso/Xavi) he only looked not as effective for us last season because the attacking players and defensive players were so split.

Busquets is inferior to him in every single department.