You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (COD 7)

Yozzer

Finally got round to completing the campaign on regular, so have now started on veteran.

Just escaped Vorkuta on the motorbike and jumped onto the back of the truck with the machine gun. Take out the first 2 enemy trucks, pass under the first bridge, and then for no reason, I just keep dying. I know there are soldiers on the bridge, and there's a HIND in the air, but nothing is shooting me when I die, it's super frustrating to say the least.

Finally got round to completing the campaign on regular, so have now started on veteran.

Just escaped Vorkuta on the motorbike and jumped onto the back of the truck with the machine gun. Take out the first 2 enemy trucks, pass under the first bridge, and then for no reason, I just keep dying. I know there are soldiers on the bridge, and there's a HIND in the air, but nothing is shooting me when I die, it's super frustrating to say the least.

Don't know why that was happening, but I've done it now.

I got it on Monday, finished the storyline yesterday. Absolutely loved the storyline, had a feeling Reznov was dead or just completely made up but still, a great story. A little short to be honest.

Played a few rounds on multiplayer and love the jungle level.

All over though, not a patch on MW2. I bought mw2 and world at war at the same time, mw2 because I heard it was awesome, and waw because I wanted to try the zombies thing, I sold waw less than a week later. I don't enjoy the zombies at all really.

The story was I would say, a little bit more interesting than mw2. I quite enjoy the cold war, bio weapons, mind fuck stuff. But I wasn't looking forward to playing online. I tend not to buy games set in the past because I get annoyed not having automatic weapons.

The one thing that stood out, and imo made MW2 a great game, were the multiplayer maps being so open, there was absolutely nowhere to hide. Now I might not realise it having not played much online black ops, but it doesn't feel anything like mw2.

An example of what I mean, on the afghan level on mw2 in the bunkers, I put a claymore by each door, and sat in the back corner by the boxes in the second section, near the entrance with the net over the top. I thought I was in a perfect position, both doors covered, I could sit there all day long. I start looking around the room to admire my surroundings only to look out the window and be completely exposed from the cave. Anyone with a thermal sight stood anywhere in the cave entrance would have a clear shot at me. Thats what I mean there was nowhere to hide.

I also don't like this earn money and points bullshit. I want to earn points, that automatically unlocks stuff. I don't want to have to save up money as well.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to last playing this before I revert to MW2.

Veteran is a right pain in the arse, but fun at the same time. After finally getting past the drivey shooty bit to escape Vorkuta, I'm now toward the end of Executive Order. (4th mission, the one where you blow up the big rocket and then run like fuck).

I've got to a point where there are no further checkpoints, so every time you die, you restart right back at the beginning of what is a right bugger of a set of bottleneck areas with a shed load of enemies in your way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNiMest9sSPsb9Hx09heIbnsRrSY8j3hmELadIzzecOYMfYyIy

Threw it in for half an hour last night. It looks ok. It hasn't grabbed me straight away in the same way MW and MW2 did. I'm sure I'll get into it, though.

Also, regarding the online; I've a problem trying to join any games on this and MW2. It just never finds a game, no matter what mode I search in. Frustrating. All my other games work perfectly fine online, so I see no real reason why these two should be any different. Any advice?

Threw it in for half an hour last night. It looks ok. It hasn't grabbed me straight away in the same way MW and MW2 did. I'm sure I'll get into it, though.

Also, regarding the online; I've a problem trying to join any games on this and MW2. It just never finds a game, no matter what mode I search in. Frustrating. All my other games work perfectly fine online, so I see no real reason why these two should be any different. Any advice?

If you press select in the lobby, you can change search settings from default to local. This helped me a little.

Just got this on ps3. Played online for the 1st time last nite but couldn't get more than 1 or 2 kills per game.

Any hints to improve. Ta

If you haven't already, jump into the Combat Training area to learn the maps, figure out which sensitivity suits you best and to test out the various perks to see which again suits your style of play.

After that, try starting a private match with just yourself and do a walkthrough of each map, so you can check out where all the choke points are and as such avoid, or use to your advantage when playing.

I'd also suggest not going all guns blazing until you have a loadout you are really comfortable with. Try and stick to the edges of maps, and use what cover there is at all times. Following team mates is not always the best idea, so gauge how your team are doing during the game, and then either follow them if they are doing well, or avoid them like the plague if they are not.

If all else fails, camp like a mother fucker, if you can.

If you haven't already, jump into the Combat Training area to learn the maps, figure out which sensitivity suits you best and to test out the various perks to see which again suits your style of play.

After that, try starting a private match with just yourself and do a walkthrough of each map, so you can check out where all the choke points are and as such avoid, or use to your advantage when playing.

I'd also suggest not going all guns blazing until you have a loadout you are really comfortable with. Try and stick to the edges of maps, and use what cover there is at all times. Following team mates is not always the best idea, so gauge how your team are doing during the game, and then either follow them if they are doing well, or avoid them like the plague if they are not.

If all else fails, camp like a mother fucker, if you can.

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

Use the Radar mate, I find it more useful then on mw2.

Yeah for beginners use the ghost perk and stay wide, stay low and use your shots wisely . Hardline is a handy perk too, 1 less kill for your streak rewards .

For kill streaks i run 1 : Care drop, 2 : Chopper support , 3 : Huey/Blackbird depending on game type .

You may get hassle for it but claymores boost your kills :)

I use Spy Plane, Care Package and Blackbird.

Having that almost constant UAV gets you more than enough kills. I use Care Package as the killstreaks don't stack so it makes no difference really. Especially as you can get care package only weapons like the death machine which is boss.

Blackbird is potentially the best killstreak ever put into the series, imagine getting a blackbird in Search and Destroy!

I use Spy Plane, Care Package and Blackbird.

Having that almost constant UAV gets you more than enough kills. I use Care Package as the killstreaks don't stack so it makes no difference really. Especially as you can get care package only weapons like the death machine which is boss.

Blackbird is potentially the best killstreak ever put into the series, imagine getting a blackbird in Search and Destroy!

You on ps3 or Xbox?