You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

And Benayoun and Insua and and and and and.........

Why would any of them stay at a club that has no ambition other than to increase the bank balance of a pair of Leeches?

Because we still have a bloody good team, a bit of confidence, the odd shrewd signing and we can challenge for the title. But we need to keep our best players and I am hopeful we can.

Because we still have a bloody good team, a bit of confidence, the odd shrewd signing and we can challenge for the title. But we need to keep our best players and I am hopeful we can.

I'm hopepul of 6 numbers tomorrow night and Ana Ivanich coming round with a bottle of Pinot Grigio..... no holes in that plan at all.

of course tactics play a part,but appointing a manager who finished 12th and a win against a few big teams is a major mistake imo

To finish higher in the league than other teams, you need to take points off them. Being able to set a team up to beat the teams above us something we MUST be looking for in a new manager.

I'm hopepul of 6 numbers tomorrow night and Ana Ivanich coming round with a bottle of Pinot Grigio..... no holes in that plan at all.

So you don't think Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Riera, Torres etc is a good team?

If we can keep that group together or most of it, we can come top four next season.

WOW!! What an interesting leap some people appear to have made. Benitez was in charge - everyone was shite and we were in freefall.

Benitez leaves, no players are added - we have " A Bloody good team".

Amazing.

If Torres or Gerrard leave it will be because they think the club lacks potential and ambition under the current regime . My guess would be that Gerrard is more likely to stay with Rafa gone but that Torres is more likely to go now we've down-graded managers. But if they want to go, let them.

So you don't think Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Riera, Torres etc is a good team?

If we can keep that group together or most of it, we can come top four next season.

Misses the whole point entirely negged for being LFD

WOW!! What an interesting leap some people appear to have made. Benitez was in charge - everyone was shite and we were in freefall.

Benitez leaves, no players are added - we have " A Bloody good team".

Amazing.

We had a good team under Benitez on paper*, unfortunately his tactics and cautious approach hindered our performances and results.

*I started a topic saying our team was better than Uniteds on paper, if you remember.

On the contrary I think that is an excellent team....... pity Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Babel, & Riera won't be Liverpool players next season though.

Seriously, we won't keep that group together, not even close.

If Torres or Gerrard leave it will be because they think the club lacks potential and ambition under the current regime . My guess would be that Gerrard is more likely to stay with Rafa gone but that Torres is more likely to go now we've down-graded managers. But if they want to go, let them.

Gerrard was rumoured to want an English manager, he has that in Roy. He was probably fed up with Rafa as most of us were with his baffling tactics.

Torres seems loyal and I can't see him leaving yet.

Mascherano I think will go or he certainly wants to.

We had a good team under Benitez on paper*, unfortunately his tactics and cautious approach hindered our performances and results.

*I started a topic saying our team was better than Uniteds on paper, if you remember.

Id neg you again if I could.

Seriously you need to look at the Fulham system of play, Johnson would be dropped if he went over the half way line.

He is the worst of Houllier and Rafa rolled into one.

problem is Yossi/Masch seem to want out Gerrard/Torres seems unsure

As for Riera and Babel they have no heart for a fight

Seriously you need to look at the Fulham system of play, Johnson would be dropped if he went over the half way line.

Yes you keep negging me for disagreeing with you if it makes you feel better.

'So Stevie who would like as our next manager?'

'I like Roy Hodgson, I would prefer an English manager to be honest'

'Ah right. And what is Alan Curbishley doing these days?'

'What?'

'Nothing, just thought you might know, that's all'

problem is Yossi/Masch seem to want out Gerrard/Torres seems unsure

As for Riera and Babel they have no heart for a fight

Babel, Benayoun and Riera won't be much of a loss.

Mascherano wants to go, regardless of who is manager as his wife is unhappy in England.

Torres and Gerrard might stay and if they do, we still have a very good base to work with in Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres etc.

Interesting given both his fullbacks constantly support the attack and the difference between Murphy at Liverpool (out of postiion) and Fulham (clearly in postiion). He even got Dickson Etuhu passing the ball on the deck and he looks with his limited budget to bring in players who can attack from outwide but is restricted to the likes of Dempsey and Duff but his intention is clear. He is the only man who ever got any consistency out of Zamora and he when available looked to him and Johnson to play 2 up front. So tell me, just what exactly is similar about Hodgson and Houllier and Rafa other than they all had solid defences? Oh and what Hodgson did to Fulham's back 4 is easily the most impressive of the 3 in that context given Hangeland couldn't kick a ball or tackle and is now easily one of the best in the league.

Babel, Benayoun and Riera won't be much of a loss.

Mascherano wants to go, regardless of who is manager as his wife is unhappy in England.

Torres and Gerrard might stay and if they do, we still have a very good base to work with in Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres etc.

And if they don't? What will you say then? They won't by the way, not both of them anyway.

What will you say if Gerrard is sold for £30m and the banks take the lot, with Shelvey being his replacement?

You see, those who were vitriolic in their insistance on Rafa going would have been better served directing that energy against the cancer within the club. They weren't and they've bought the cancer time to grow, flourish and kill off the club. Bravo.

Interesting given both his fullbacks constantly support the attack and the difference between Murphy at Liverpool (out of postiion) and Fulham (clearly in postiion). He even got Dickson Etuhu passing the ball on the deck and he looks with his limited budget to bring in players who can attack from outwide but is restricted to the likes of Dempsey and Duff but his intention is clear. He is the only man who ever got any consistency out of Zamora and he when available looked to him and Johnson to play 2 up front. So tell me, just what exactly is similar about Hodgson and Houllier and Rafa other than they all had solid defences? Oh and what Hodgson did to Fulham's back 4 is easily the most impressive of the 3 in that context given Hangeland couldn't kick a ball or tackle and is now easily one of the best in the league.

This isn't the place for common sense or reasoning.

Let Red Nick have his irrational rants it will be bedtime soon.

And if they don't? What will you say then? They won't by the way, not both of them anyway.

What will you say if Gerrard is sold for £30m and the banks take the lot, with Shelvey being his replacement?

You see, those who were vitriolic in their insistance on Rafa going would have been better served directing that energy against the cancer within the club. They weren't and they've bought the cancer time to grow, flourish and kill off the club. Bravo.

Well if they go it will be a huge blow and the new manager will hopefully get a large percentage of the funds they generate to reinvest in the team.

I think they'll both stay personally, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Well if they go it will be a huge blow and the new manager will hopefully get a large percentage of the funds they generate to reinvest in the team.

I think they'll both stay personally, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I hope you're right, unfortunately, when you say things like "the new manager will hopefully get a large percentage of the funds they generate" I fear you aren't. In fact, you're living in cloud fucking cuckoo land.

Good luck though.

Which highlights the fact that you have less of an understanding of the situation than I initially thought.

Better to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.

hahahahaha awesome line...i'll rep you as soon as i'm able.

ROY HODGSON SET FOR NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER WITH TORRES AND GERRARD FAVOURED TO STAY | Bettingchoice.co.uk

You can still grab something resembling a payout if you're looking to back Roy Hodgson to be appointed as Next Liverpool Manager. It looks like the Betfair market has more or less solidified around Hodgson as no other contenders are listed below 10.0 prices.

It looked for a while like Manuel Pellegrini might be able to sneak into contention and it really looked like he had the support of Kop faithful as well. This makes it especially interesting heading into the new season.

The deal for Hodgson isn't supposed to be wrapped up until next week with the soon-to-be-former Fulham manager busy with the World Cup.

Roy Hodgson's odds to be named Next Liverpool Manager are hovering around the 1.3 mark while Manuel Pellegrini has risen to 11.5. Kenny Dalglish is trading at 40.0 while former favourite Martin O'Neill is priced at 55.0.

That that it looks like Hodgson is going to be the manager, the attention now turns to whether Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will still be at Liverpool at the start of the next season. Betfair was seemingly right about Hodgson and if they are correct about Gerrard and Torres, then Anfield fans should be somewhat relieved.

Fernando Torres is favoured to stay at Liverpool with a 1.57 price to stay and a 2.24 prie to leave.

Steven Gerrards odds to stay at Liverpool are a bit more of a toss-up with a 1.76 price to stay ahead of a 1.8 price to leave. There are rumours that Rafa Benitez might want him at Inter or that Jose Mourinho is looking at him for Real Madrid. But in a World Cup summer, I think even my dad has been linked with a big money move to Real Madrid.

Which highlights the fact that you have less of an understanding of the situation than I initially thought.

Better to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.

Exactly.

Hodgson plays exactly the same cautious style as Rafa, maybe even slightly worse.