You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A bit controversial but....

Guest Super Sub

Think this thread sums up the confusion around fans about what the hell is happening at the club.

Finishing outside the CL will allegedly cost the club £25m.

That £25m has to be found from somewhere to balance the books. The most obvious place is player sales and no transfer budget.

So in terms of on the pitch its bad news and thats without how it affects the 'star names'.

But it also reduces the value of the club and it puts greater pressure on the yanks repaying their debt. The club still has the same ‘potential’ – its still the 2nd most supported in the world, its still got the opportunity to build a money making stadium and turn a huge profit but the cost of buying it is reduced, making it more attractive to buy and increasing the pressure on the parasites to sell. They can’t afford the loans and they have to leave their own money in the club longer than they want to.

Bidders could be holding fire on buying because they can get a better and cheaper deal in 3 months time if we don’t make 4th.

The other benefit would be it may actually motivate the great unwashed to get off their arses and fight against the owners instead of burying their heads in the sand and pretending the club isn’t being gang raped right in front of them. I could be wrong on this though because there are still some who’d rather blame the manager or the left back rather than face the fact that the owners are ripping the soul from the club.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is right.

I desperately want us to finish in top 4 but I don't think we will. Expecting 3 teams to fail is asking too much I think.

It's not like a title chase though where you pretty much have to win every game to keep in with a shout. The battle for fourth allows more leway for draws and losses as we saw last night.

Shirly, Spurs will have a big old wobble

It's not like a title chase though where you pretty much have to win every game to keep in with a shout. The battle for fourth allows more leway for draws and losses as we saw last night.

Shirly, Spurs will have a big old wobble

I hope so, because we have to pick up at least seven points more than them!

i can understand why people would want us to finish out of Europe altogether.it's not because they want the club to suffer or some shite,its because they believe if we get champs league football next season it will help keep those in charge here longer and we all know that is the worst thing that could happen for the club.i am referring to G@H of course,on the other hand if we finish out of Europe it might force the owners hand in someway,might speed up or be the final straw that forces them to move out and fuck of too their next victims.

I figured at the start of the season that we'd finish 5th, in the middle of the season I figured that we'd finish 5th, and now I reckon that we'll end up 5th.

As far as the club goes, this whole thing is easy from the owners' point of view. What I'd do in their shoes, regardless where we finish, is:

1) Sell Torres, price 90 million. Banks want 100 million, they'll probably be OK with 90 or so.

2) Keep Rafa, tell him this is your baby now. If he walks, fine, get a second tier name with 1/4 of Rafa's salary, and tell him this is your baby now. Regardless, they have someone to blame and gullible people to believe them.

3) The US economy is getting stronger, dollar getting stronger, the added year will probably change the situation in their favor (anyway, the economy cannot vontinue to go 100% against them, as it has done so far).

So 4th, 5th, 8th, I expect more of the same...

What, you thought we'd finish 5th after the way we finished last season? I don't beleive that.

I hope so, because we have to pick up at least seven points more than them!

They are 4 points ahead with a game in hand and a better goal difference.. So we might need 8 points.. These two weeks will decide 4th place IMO..

April 11th - Tottenham vs Portsmouth - FA Cup Semi Final

April 14th - Tottenham vs Arsenal - Prem

April 17th - Tottenham vs Chelsea - Prem

April 24th - Man Utd vs Tottenham - Prem

Hopefully they'll have to squeeze in a FA Cup replay into that as well...

And you honestly believe a greater good will come by languishing 5 or 6 in the table?

I want the Yanks out as much as anyone' date=' but appearing as an unsuccessful team is not the way to go about it. And whilst were rubbing shoulders with Everton in the league, why don't we just cosy up with them in a new stadium aswell![/quote']

Give over and use some common sense. If we finish outside the Champions League places, our revenue goes down and we're a less successful club. On the face of it, that's a bad thing, and it would devalue the club. That's a good thing. It means that Gillett and Hicks will have to be more realistic with their asking price for the club. We'll have less money coming in to offset this £100m defecit with, so they'll be less able to build the stadium. They have two choices then.

1) Cling on to their asset which is depreciating heavily.

2) Sell it (and have to sell it at a reduced price)

Give over and use some common sense. If we finish outside the Champions League places, our revenue goes down and we're a less successful club. On the face of it, that's a bad thing, and it would devalue the club. That's a good thing. It means that Gillett and Hicks will have to be more realistic with their asking price for the club. We'll have less money coming in to offset this £100m defecit with, so they'll be less able to build the stadium. They have two choices then.

1) Cling on to their asset which is depreciating heavily.

2) Sell it (and have to sell it at a reduced price)

Seems a bit like the football/business version of Russian Roullete to me.

Seems a bit like the football/business version of Russian Roullete to me.

It is. Realistically they'd try to make up the defecit by selling players off, but then the club would perform worse on the pitch and devalue further. They're a microcosm of the world's financial problems our owners. Short term gain, long term pain.

There is one guarantee, and that is the Parasites will not sell Torress or Gerrard.

They might leave, but they will not be sold.

Think about it! You value the club at X amount, due to the revenue, then you take a large percentage of that revenue out of the equation with no replacement cash cow?

Thankfully the club is worth far more with both Nando and Steven than it is without them.

It is. Realistically they'd try to make up the defecit by selling players off, but then the club would perform worse on the pitch and devalue further. They're a microcosm of the world's financial problems our owners. Short term gain, long term pain.

Seems that the banks in the US have just loaded the pistol with a few more rounds.

Banks Toss Hicks a Brushback - WSJ.com

Would you believe this then:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/82167-where-will-we-finish-season-2.html

5th, that's about that.

P.S. Read the rest of it, as well...

Apologies, my post wasn't clear. I wasn't doubting you had said that.. It was more the fact of "Why would you think we'd finish that badly after the way we finished the season.."

You should of put a bet on... I'm sure the odds would have been stacked in your favour...

I really want us to finish 4th, but should we do it, I hope it isn't lauded as a massive achievement.

I think the majority of fans will just breath a huge sigh of relief and just be glad that the season is over and we scrapped into 4th place.