You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1st March 2010

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very under whelmed, why would you come on here with a cryptic clue like something massive was about to happen when it's just a billboard campaign?

I had my hopes up thinking it was something about a takeover now I'm just annoyed it isn't. Who is it aimed at anyway, surely all the Liverpool fans in Liverpool want the pricks out anyway without banners telling them they should.

I know their heart is in the right place I just don't know if this helps, I hope it does.

Edited by Rex Banner

Obviously the point is to make waves and make it a memorable slogan which is why they went down the cryptic clue route first.As for the billboard,it'll be a great idea if the funds are there for more of them in more prominent spots and i assume SOS are hoping for the media to run with this also

Guest PurpleNose
I am very under whelmed, why would you come on here with a cryptic clue like something massive was about to happen when it's just a billboard campaign?

I had my hopes up thinking it was something about a takeover now I'm just annoyed it isn't. Who is it aimed at anyway, surely all the Liverpool fans in Liverpool want the pricks out anyway without banners telling them they should.

Quite right.

We need to be targetting the sort of fans that ring 606 and talksport. Those that know fuck all, or don't care, about the owner situation.

To be fair they made it perfectly clear very early on that it wasn't to do with a takeover.

I think that sign is pretty cool myself.

People who are underwhelmed need to do something themselves then.

I donated £50 to this on YNWA. For me this is too vague (and a bit confusing), every single fan in the ground knows they've lied to us and we're in debt. They don't know just how big the scale of our problems is though, I don't think this will convert anyone not already on board.

I donated £50 to this on YNWA. For me this is too vague (and a bit confusing), every single fan in the ground knows they've lied to us and we're in debt. They don't know just how big the scale of our problems is though, I don't think this will convert anyone not already on board.
You couldn't be further from the truth.