You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Red Rag

I'm struggling to see what the lad has done to deserve all the bile that followed?

And to think, if you speak to supporters of other teams, they accuse us of being arrogant

I'm scratching my head as to why as well. It's not as if he was like the last Chelsea fan we had on here is it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"[The 1970 cup final replay was my first real induction into the idea that football was not all about fancy goals, dribbles and flicks. It was often borderline warfare.

My dad always snarled about 'Dirty Leeds' and I never really got to see it in full force until this game and Chelsea, bless 'em, said we're not standing for it. One of the most violent games ever."

I dont normally read football magazines but I read one a few years back where they showed the video of that replay to a modern ref and asked him to ref it as he saw it. I think at the end he said there would have been 3 players on the pitch, including 1 goalkeeper.

One of the most violent games not involving an Italian club I've ever seen, I was 8 at the time and I still remember it.

First off, every club has history, most not as filled with silverware as ours but history none the less, we know that

The song has less to do with history then you think, It is a song designed to get your backs up and it clearly works, we only sing it to you as you're the only ones that would get upset by such a song given how touchy you are about your percieved lack of history and your unease that you only really started winning trophies after your good fortune with Roman

Meet any Chelsea fan and he'll feel the need to give you his credentials, tell you he was there when they got relegated and isnt one if the new breed, like you've just done, why should you have to justify yourself to anyone?

you've done that because of some insecurity as to how you guys are percieved, JCL's, classless lottery winners whatever, and we see that insecurity and someone made a catchy little ditty to wind you up about it

Your support does similar to us, we don't like being percieved as jobless layabouts, so you sing 'sign on' and wave £50 notes at us etc but I'm certainly not moved to tell every Chelsea fan I meet about my CV or the size of my bank balance to expose the factual inadequacies of the song*

To reiterate we don't sing it to anyone else, just you guys, get over your insecurities and it'll soon become pointless us singing it anymore, keep biting and justifying yourselves and we'll keep doing it

All the best,

T

Cracking post that, and exactly how I see it.

Not many teams have as successful history as us (thank God!) and I've always seen the 'history' song as a wind up; it obviously works!

Anyway Red Rag, I hope you stick around - you obviously know your stuff and I think it's good to have supporters of other teams on here as long as they aren't dicks (and you don't seem like one).

First off, every club has history, most not as filled with silverware as ours but history none the less, we know that

The song has less to do with history then you think, It is a song designed to get your backs up and it clearly works, we only sing it to you as you're the only ones that would get upset by such a song given how touchy you are about your percieved lack of history and your unease that you only really started winning trophies after your good fortune with Roman

Meet any Chelsea fan and he'll feel the need to give you his credentials, tell you he was there when they got relegated and isnt one if the new breed, like you've just done, why should you have to justify yourself to anyone?

you've done that because of some insecurity as to how you guys are percieved, JCL's, classless lottery winners whatever, and we see that insecurity and someone made a catchy little ditty to wind you up about it

Your support does similar to us, we don't like being percieved as jobless layabouts, so you sing 'sign on' and wave £50 notes at us etc but I'm certainly not moved to tell every Chelsea fan I meet about my CV or the size of my bank balance to expose the factual inadequacies of the song*

To reiterate we don't sing it to anyone else, just you guys, get over your insecurities and it'll soon become pointless us singing it anymore, keep biting and justifying yourselves and we'll keep doing it

All the best,

T

There's your answer my friend.

And sorry for the shit you got at the start. On the whole you'll find we're better than that.

Fuck chelsea. They are irrelevant. Love that song as it is hilarious. It is their utter irrelevance to us that makes us singing it all the more galling to them. They have to try to justify their existence somehow.

They will melt away in a few years. nothing lasts forever. Take away the vile crook's money and they are left with a small ground, a small following and a huge wage bill.

Their fans are like a guy who's going out with a really good looking model. They point at her beauty as an excuse for her vile behaviour, her greed, her avarice and her jealousy of other women with more substance.

Keep buying her the trinkets Roman. You'll never buy her class.

Fuck chelsea. They are irrelevant. Love that song as it is hilarious. It is their utter irrelevance to us that makes us singing it all the more galling to them. They have to try to justify their existence somehow.

They will melt away in a few years. nothing lasts forever. Take away the vile crook's money and they are left with a small ground, a small following and a huge wage bill.

Their fans are like a guy who's going out with a really good looking model. They point at her beauty as an excuse for her vile behaviour, her greed, her avarice and her jealousy of other women with more substance.

Keep buying her the trinkets Roman. You'll never buy her class.

Trans: fit girls don't fancy me

I'm struggling to see what the lad has done to deserve all the bile that followed?

And to think, if you speak to supporters of other teams, they accuse us of being arrogant

I don't advocate our fans going onto United, Chelsea and Everton forums, and similarly I don't want their fans on here. And let's face it, with that user name and thread title he isn't here to make friends.

Welcome Red Rag. Usually the knee jerk reaction to fans of the opposition (especially Chelsea and Utd) is to attack. But as I see it, you are one of the few who are not into wind-ups and provocation. You're comments are quite interesting and bring back great memories from the 70-80's, way before most posters on here were born. As long as your comments are genuine I'll be happy to read your opinions.

PS. I did laugh when JT missed the pen in the CL final, but then realised those Utd twats had won.