You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I find it amazing how you lot over there go to college at 16 and I'm going on 18 in January and I'm not finished school till June.

I dont think 16 is the right age to be finishing school at.

Also Well done Lewis and Yozzer. And of course Sherry.

Well done to you all. Despite what the knobhead politicians and the twats in the media say, passing exams at 16 is never easy.

I went in to see our lot today and I was made up with their results. My own top set got the best residual results (comparing what they got for me with all their other subjects) in the school with every pupil getting a C or better and a school record total of As. They smashed their predicted results out of the water, often by two, three or even four grades. In short, I'm amazing.

Well, not quite - they worked their fucking plums off, the lot of them. However, I did reflect once again that I achieved these results by completely ignoring all the prescribed teaching methods of four part lessons and starters and all that crap. I just dominate the classroom by force of personality, get them to behave and then adopt the old - and highly unfashionable - "chalk and talk" method. It's never failed me yet, no matter what the ability level of the kids - and yet if I did it in front of an Ofsted inspector, my lesson would fail inspection. Still, what do we teachers know, eh?