You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Football's 20 Greatest Managers

Faustus

Are you not usually banging on about "starting positions"? Ferguson's build that club, that team, that stadium to what it is today - which is what marks him out for me. Shanks did that for Paisley already. On a pure trophy comparison, and looking and dignity and respect then Paisley is ahead.

He built the stadium too? He must be fucking knackered. It explains the constant red face i suppose.

As much as I hate the man, I can't argue with Ferguson at no. 1. ManUre were a shambles when he took over. And look at the cunts now. That's all down to the senile jock, he's got to be top.

Not sure why fucking Maureen is higher than Kenny though.

Like i said Ferguson is a top manager but he wouldn't have achieved anywhere near the success he has had we not decided to appoint Souness as manager and start having players like Ruddock and Dicks in the team.

In all fairness United were in a pretty dire state when he took over! He has done a fantastic job, I actually think he has acheived less as their dominance has grown (if that doesn't sound contradictory).

What our mistakes have been, are irrelevant to the arguement about Ferguson, as you could argue the same point that during our years of dominance they were shite?

George Graham (who incidently won the league after 3 years) should be higher than his position and so should the pisshead.

And crediting Ferguson for Uniteds financial might is wrong, they have always been the richest club. FACT.

George Graham (who incidently won the league after 3 years) should be higher than his position and so should the pisshead.

He joined Arsenal as manager in May 1986.

He won the league in May 1989 at Anfield - so within the first 3 seasons - and what an achievment that was when you consider he was up against one of the best LFC teams ever.

He joined Arsenal as manager in May 1986.

He won the league in May 1989 at Anfield - so within the first 3 seasons - and what an achievment that was when you consider he was up against one of the best LFC teams ever.

1989! (not a cheap shot by the way, which it does read as one) but fact, 3 games in 5 days.

by the way he took the job on the 14 May and won the league on the 26 May, which is over three years!!!