You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldnt be allowed to buy foreign players till they turn 18 giving our own kids at least the chance to get to 18 developing an if they are not good enough then ok.

Clubs are losing identity.

An while I dont blame Benitez as its all about winning and to do that you need the best players wherever they may be I cant believe this area isnt producing fantastic young kids who are being stifled by foreigners

Barca are in talks with Valencia over David Villa, I really hope they buy him as this will mean they will probably not be buying Mascherano.

just been a piece in the echo about masch. nothing new really just saying benitez is not going to sell him

I agree, i think both should be told one more year and then they can go. We have a real chance to win the title next year.

You mean we should go around begging players to stay for a year? I massively disagree. Now, Mascherano signed a contract 18 months ago and I expect him to either take the consequences and play on, or hand in a transfer request. I expect the club to concentrate on other things than constantly re-negotiating contracts and reassuring players they will be allowed to leave, next year or whenever.

You mean we should go around begging players to stay for a year? I massively disagree. Now, Mascherano signed a contract 18 months ago and I expect him to either take the consequences and play on, or hand in a transfer request. I expect the club to concentrate on other things than constantly re-negotiating contracts and reassuring players they will be allowed to leave, next year or whenever.

Not begging so much as, "Oi, you, you're fucking staying, tough shit. Act like a fucking man!".

I understand your point but it is the nature of the game now. Taggart took it with ladyboy and it paid off. Not begged to stay, told to stay, it is up to us.

Lets win it this year and they may even decide to stay after picking up a double or if not we have a year to attract players and get who we want and we may be able to attract the very best players if we do win the title and the cl.

I understand your point but it is the nature of the game now. Taggart took it with ladyboy and it paid off. Not begged to stay, told to stay, it is up to us.

Lets win it this year and they may even decide to stay after picking up a double or if not we have a year to attract players and get who we want and we may be able to attract the very best players if we do win the title and the cl.

I understand your point as well. I just don't want us to come across as dependent on whatever any player would like to do, meaning that it may well seem that the only hope we have is to plead to Mascherano that he stays. The reality is that the club has him under contract, and the club can refuse to sell.

That was made up shit on some forum to see if they could get the press to fall for it. They did!

I mentioned it sarcastically earlier on this thread, it is going to make me look even more stupid should we sign him!

I understand your point as well. I just don't want us to come across as dependent on whatever any player would like to do, meaning that it may well seem that the only hope we have is to plead to Mascherano that he stays. The reality is that the club has him under contract, and the club can refuse to sell.

It is horrible having these little shits made into heroes then wanting to dictate what happens , if of course that is the case.

Another thing i was thinking is that if Barca and Madrid buy who they want this year there may be no room in the team or money to buy our two lads next year and i am not sure either of them would go anywhere else.

I would rather swap with Madrid/Barca then take the money as other teams can stop us spending it.