You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just seen an interview with him on LFC TV and he was very impressive. Seemed like a really nice lad - good head on his shoulders and really positive about every aspect of playing for Liverpool. More importantly than that, he looks fucking ace on the pitch. I've heard a few people on here say good things about him, but I caught the U18s Stoke highlights and he was taking the piss. He looks top quality. Let's hope he keeps progressing (I believe he's been at Melwood with the ressies a few times recently).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what I've seen is hardly conclusive (not much more than the equivalent of a YouTube compilation), but his touch, vision, skill and eye for goal all look head and shoulders above anything else at the level he's been playing. Anyone seen more of him than me? I'd like a few opinions on the lad from people who've seen him play in the flesh please.

Guest Bandulu
Darby, Spearing and a few others were given debuts by Rafa.

In the league?

10 minutes at the end of a well won game in Europe is hardly a debut, more of a token gesture. He had no problems throwing the vastly inferior Plessis into big league games though, and even brought in a Swiss crock as cover for Arbeloa, ignoring the better and less wage burdening Darby.

I trust Rafa, but it should be no surprise that he puts more trust in the players his mate spotted, and he has to justify the outlay.

Guest Kenny
We've more good prospects in our reserves and youth than any other club in the country. Someone's doing something right.

Ive seen no evidence to suggests this other then peoples opinion, the only youngsters to play for first team that I can think of is Paletta, Gonzales and Plessis. As for the younsgters aged 17 or so, I cant really comment as Ive not seen to much of them.

Ive seen no evidence to suggests this other then peoples opinion, the only youngsters to play for first team that I can think of is Paletta, Gonzales and Plessis. As for the younsgters aged 17 or so, I cant really comment as Ive not seen to much of them.

Nemeth

Spearing

Darby

Pacheo

Insua

El Zhar

Hobbs

Kelly

We've more good prospects in our reserves and youth than any other club in the country. Someone's doing something right.

Would you expand on that for us please mate? I know your knowledge of youth football is very strong and I'd be interested to see who you think the prospects are. In my very limited knowledge Dalla Valle, Ince, Eccleston and Pepper look very good - especially the first and last of those four. I'm aware that others like Wisdom are rated, but I've not seen them play.

Am I also correct in saying that Rafa is already starting to relax the restrictions on Academy lads going to Melwood? In the interview I saw, it was implied that Dalla Valle had been training and maybe even playing with the ressies.

Would you expand on that for us please mate? I know your knowledge of youth football is very strong and I'd be interested to see who you think the prospects are. In my very limited knowledge Dalla Valle, Ince, Eccleston and Pepper look very good - especially the first and last of those four. I'm aware that others like Wisdom are rated, but I've not seen them play.

Am I also correct in saying that Rafa is already starting to relax the restrictions on Academy lads going to Melwood? In the interview I saw, it was implied that Dalla Valle had been training and maybe even playing with the ressies.

Wisdom is very talented, strong, decent pace, likes to go forward and can pick a pass. He just has one glaring fault. He has a confidence that ever so slightly crosses into arrogance and he gets himself into trouble. Very reminiscent of how Ferdinand used to be when he believed he was better than Beckenbauer.

He has all the raw materials to succeed though.

Wisdom is very talented, strong, decent pace, likes to go forward and can pick a pass. He just has one glaring fault. He has a confidence that ever so slightly crosses into arrogance and he gets himself into trouble. Very reminiscent of how Ferdinand used to be when he believed he was better than Beckenbauer.

He has all the raw materials to succeed though.

I don't even know what position he plays. Can I take he's a ball-playing centre half from what you've said? Also how old is he?