You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got what he deserved then!

Totally.

I like spending my money on travelling, Clothes, electrical stuff and drink. Another one of my mates has got a quality watch he spent about £5000 on and he never wears it because he is scared of losing it and also said that he does not was to look like a flash tit.

If I was going to get a good watch, I'd probably get one of those Tag Heuer crackers.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I too have a Omega Seamaster 300M (James Bond Watch) [model #2220.80.00]. Cost me about £1200 a couple of years ago; it still looks brand new and has actually gone up in value in goldsmiths.

Is the one you got a quartz or an automatic?

I originally went to buy the Quartz version as it was £300 cheaper and looks identical. However, as soon as I tried the automatic on and watched the second hand 'sweep' rather than tick I couldn't settle for less.

My next watch purchase will be a Breitling. Lovely watches and completely hand made.

one of these two I like

Breitling Navitimer World Gents Watch - A24322C

Breitling Bentley Gents Watch - 6.75

Its the automatic mate with a blue dial, you can pick up the quartz ones brand new for 800-900 if you shop around. I looked at loads beforehand and loved the breitlings but they were a little over my price range.

Treated myself to one of these about 3 years ago when I got a bonus from work.

A proper high quality watch might be expensive, but fuck it, my grandkids will wear this watch one day when I'm long gone, and it will still work perfectly. That's a bargain.

rolex%20-%20explorer%20II2.jpg

Thats a great looking watch that one tom, must have cost a few bob.

Its the automatic mate with a blue dial, you can pick up the quartz ones brand new for 800-900 if you shop around. I looked at loads beforehand and loved the breitlings but they were a little over my price range.

you got a great deal in that case (I just hope it is authentic as there are some incredible fakes).

Yea, the Breitlings can be expensive. One for £91K got nicked from Harvey Nicks the other week.

Totally.

I like spending my money on travelling, Clothes, electrical stuff and drink. Another one of my mates has got a quality watch he spent about £5000 on and he never wears it because he is scared of losing it and also said that he does not was to look like a flash tit.

If I was going to get a good watch, I'd probably get one of those Tag Heuer crackers.

I looked at a few tags but if you wear one people automatically assume you are a flash cunt!!! The omega's are a little more understated and tbh im not looking to flash it about i just like the feel of a quality watch on my wrist...i doubt ill wear it on a big night on the piss mind.

you got a great deal in that case (I just hope it is authentic as there are some incredible fakes).

Yea, the Breitlings can be expensive. One for £91K got nicked from Harvey Nicks the other week.

91k fooking hell!! A big bling diamond encrusted motherfucked no doubt, i looked around for ages tbh as im a right tight arsed bastard and hate feeling ive been ripped off, i bought it from a shop on ebay based in japan believe it or not. All he sells are high end watches and has loads of customers all with excellent feedback. Obviously you can never be sure but its a pretty small risk.

I looked at a few tags but if you wear one people automatically assume you are a flash cunt!!! The omega's are a little more understated and tbh im not looking to flash it about i just like the feel of a quality watch on my wrist...i doubt ill wear it on a big night on the piss mind.

Shows how much I know about watches, I thought they were much cheaper. I'd much rather piss off and have an adventure in some obscure Country though.

I've had the same Rotary for the last 10 years. It's slim as fuck and still looks ace; I love that watch.

My mate is sorting me with a couple of watches next week; he's getting me a Tag (Good fake for work) and a Molex style badass copy (so bad it's good) for laughs.

I'm hoping the Molex will be proper bling.

Shows how much I know about watches, I thought they were much cheaper. I'd much rather piss off and have an adventure in some obscure Country though.

Tag do some really nice pieces and they are still pricey as fuck but i remember as a kid every fooker wanted one, tbh until i started looking properly a tag would be my weapon of choice but i just really liked the look of the omega. In regards to adventure im off to california in aug, driving from la up to san fran then across to vegas.....but ill be doing it with a quality watch on my wrist!!;)

I get my watch from Argos every Jan in the sales i have loads to pick from all tell the right time and i can do what i like in them that is my idea of a good watch

Status symbles i dont need, they tend to be used by the wrong people to attract the wrong people in my experience but how someone chooses to spend there hard earned is up to them after all said and done

All real i assume!!:whistle:

All real. Sadly for my bank balance I'm not a fan of 'replicas'.

I used to have a Seamaster but had so many problems with it that Robinson's gave me a full refund. I'd not buy an Omega again :(

Of the watches I have, the only one that has truly appreciated in value is the Daytona which I could sell for a couple of grand more than I bought it.

I used to have a Seamaster but had so many problems with it that Robinson's gave me a full refund. I'd not buy an Omega again :(

Of the watches I have, the only one that has truly appreciated in value is the Daytona which I could sell for a couple of grand more than I bought it.

I rest my case the function of a watch is to keep time if it does that its fit for purpose if it costs £20 and keeps good time and looks identical to one that costs 4k and keeps good time then a fool and his money springs to mind

Very nice mate, your bank manager must shit himself everytime you walk into a jewellers!! Dont know that much about rolex's but from what ive seen the daytona is the best looking of the lot. At least if i have any problems with the omega ive got the warranty to fall back on, how often do you get them serviced?

I get my watch from Argos every Jan in the sales i have loads to pick from all tell the right time and i can do what i like in them that is my idea of a good watch

Status symbles i dont need, they tend to be used by the wrong people to attract the wrong people in my experience but how someone chooses to spend there hard earned is up to them after all said and done

Cheap watches are a false economy. Like I said earlier, my watch is pushing about 60 years now and there is no reason why it shouldn't last me through my lifetime and a few other. Not bad for something that probably cost about the equivalent of 600 quid new.

I can see why you wouldn't want a Rolex or one of the chunkier Omegas. They look overly bling and end up ageing quickly. If I was going to buy one now I'd go for an Omega DeVille like the one below whic will set you back about a grand.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_170118.jpg

I rest my case the function of a watch is to keep time if it does that its fit for purpose if it costs £20 and keeps good time and looks identical to one that costs 4k and keeps good time then a fool and his money springs to mind

Ha! Sounds like you've made your mind up, so I won't bother trying to talk you around.

Can I ask what car you drive?

I haven't found my watches have needed servicing yet, but I do take pretty good care of them.

I have my dad's Omega cal 266. Tis now about 56 years old.

img10191204704.jpeg

That is a fantastic looking watch. The whole point is it belonged to your Dad and it means something. It's not cheap nor throw away.

I've got a gold Rolex that looks very similar and a 70's Omega dynamic, which I'll pass onto my Kids