You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tattoos

robbief

i currently have a tribal design made up of liverbirds. i'm in the process of looking for a shop to do 'you'll never walk alone' across the top of my back although it will probably be done after my holiday (2 weeks) as i have been informed that swimming and the sun can amage it.

anybody got any ideas of good shops around town? or anybody got any interesting tattoos?

Right, I might as well post this here rather than starting a new thread. I havent got any tattoos but the one I want is huge, right across my shoulder blades - and that is the only one I want. Will I actually be able to get this or because I havent had one before wont they let me?

as far as i know you can get what you want. mine is quite big, especially for a 14 year old(at the time). i didn't think it hurt, just a pleasurable pain. if thats possible. i wanted to get the shankly gates right across my shoulders but the one i went to see wasn't good at all. the liverbird looked like it had been kfc'd.

had mine done in indonesia and was out the water for a week. I then had it re-lined back in london. The work is on my ribs and the line was just a touch shaky as the indo lad was aware of how much it was hurting. Sound now though and the only one of its kind on the planet

had mine done in indonesia and was out the water for a week. I then had it re-lined back in london. The work is on my ribs and the line was just a touch shaky as the indo lad was aware of how much it was hurting. Sound now though and the only one of its kind on the planet

did you get told only a week or was that just your judgement?

Once got pissed in Shrewsbury and a load of us piled into the tattooist's to get tattoo's. I was gonna have this black panther but thankfully sobered up whilst waiting.

Time is a factor, as most look a splodgy mess by the time you're mid-40, and unless you're a brickie you look a bit of a tit.

If pain is an issue, you could try and find a local anaesthetic cream, emla is good if you can find it. After care might involve bepanthen cream for a week or two, and most importantly..... Dont pick at it when it scabs up, it can seriously damage the tattoo, as it can scar. Ace design by the way

I don't get all this tribal stuff. I mean, you're not in a tribe are you? So why would you permanently mark yourself with some tribal symbol?

It's like those ones that are written in fancy Japanese text. Why? You're not Japanese. I don't get it.

I was thinking about a tattoo years ago, bloodly glad I never now.

If I did get one it would have to be something thats not gonna change in your own mind.

quitley whispers as its *f on the GF "maybe a club crest" or liver bird.

I reckon I won't ever bother now though.

I'm glad I'm not one of those dickheads who got things like a Taz on their arm, a celtic band or chinese or japanese writing *

*appoligies to anyone on here who did get a celtic band or writing, if you got a taz you are truly a dickhead and there's no way I'm saying sorry for that.