You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2006 Speculation Thread

Rashid

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard anything?

Maybe we can keep all the wild rumours in check in one place?

From what I have read and heard on the net and newspapers etc the following look likely:

Walcott, Pennant, Simao, Vidic, Kuyt

do you really think Kuyt is likely? he is the one signing I am really excited about as he sounds just the player we need with the rafa mentality required but to me its looking less likely we will get him now...

A lad on YNWA, Leo says Pennant is a done deal, not sure who he is or if he has a good track record but he did say Zenden was out for the season with a cruciate ligament injury a week before it was announced by the club and says this is from the same bloke.

:sniff: :sniff: Wha???!!!!

How much £ are we talking here? He's a decent player, but he's another Diouf off the field, not what we want is it?

A lad on YNWA, Leo says Pennant is a done deal, not sure who he is or if he has a good track record but he did say Zenden was out for the season with a cruciate ligament injury a week before it was announced by the club and says this is from the same bloke.

Leo No8 is it? Good lad, but don't know where he would get this from. He is good mates with Ian Nolan I think. He must know someone near the first team now. Ex Moderator on KopTalk.

I think he would aswell, he's a quality player. It is that LeoNo8 or whatever hes called by the way

The newphew of 'Vlad's Quiff' and Son of 'Portly' - they might know people, they all live locally. I know Leo well from my KT days a Mod, he was a Mod too, but he is a top top bloke and would never lie.

HOW DO YOU KNOW???

Do you actually know him? I didn't think so - I am sure you haven't been overly complimentary about him before!

He used to share a flat with Ashley Cole in Stepney Green and I know lads in East London who went to school with Cole and still flex with him from time to time. They told me Pennant is a really nice bloke just a little immature without being a knob. He needs guidance and he supports Liverpool FC.

He used to share a flat with Ashley Cole in Stepney Green and I know lads in East London who went to school with Cole and still flex with him from time to time. They told me Pennant is a really nice bloke just a little immature without being a knob. He needs guidance and he supports Liverpool FC.

What's that all about? Do they sit in the sofa flexing their biceps and touching each other?

Pennant would be brilliant for us, he is a good lad, seriously.

Whilst the lad is a decent enough player off the pitch hes a headcase, only the other week he turned up for training pissed

We have an extremely professional squad you would have to question the sense in bringing someone with that reputation into the club

Still if Rafa wants to who are we to argue