You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You won't believe this....

dave u

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to remember that these wernt players Rafa bought, maybe Rafa simply rates other players, dont get me wrong i like Milan and Sinima but wholesale changes were on the cards and maybe Rafa needs money from sales to fund his own players....maybe his after Kyut and Owen, who knows but its clear Rafa wants to shape his squad his way and who can argue with Rafa

Surely Rafa doesn't want him out. Is this a move from Flo-Po himself?

It's just reminded me of the story when Rafa first came that he didn't rate any of our strikers, including Flo, and it's turned out to have been right on the money.

I don't think Rafa will be desperate to get rid of him, but he doesn't seem desperate to keep him either, and the medals thing has probably forced the issue.

Then is stinks to the high heavans. Why can't Gerrard say something as captain? Why the fuck did Parry need a medal?

Fucks sake.

Rash, don't go jumping the gun here. We don't KNOW that Parry got a medal. And even though the medal thing is a factor, obviously Rafa is prepared to let him go or he could just say no.

You're going to turn this thread into another big slanging match, because people will jump on you and it will escalate. I'm pissed off about it too, but count to ten before you post, eh ;-)

If this is true, it's a fucking disgrace. I noticed in photos of the bus tour that quite a few players were missing. What the fuck was that about?

Sinama is a top young player, the best young player Houllier brought in. He should stay and should be fucking well cherished...

A loan I could live with, but a proper loan - not a Cheyrou-type get-the-guy-out-of-here kind of arrangement...

Rash, don't go jumping the gun here. We don't KNOW that Parry got a medal. And even though the medal thing is a factor, obviously Rafa is prepared to let him go or he could just say no.

You're going to turn this thread into another big slanging match, because people will jump on you and it will escalate. I'm pissed off about it too, but count to ten before you post, eh ;-)

Well all being said fella, you know my feelings on football style. I say it to you all the time. By selling Pongole, maybe Cisse, selling Baros - we have lost a lot of pace.

The whole Champions of Europe thing kinda still endears him to me...

i meant "not done anything to make me dislike him apart from..." and i also meant to put a ;)

but i am hosetly starting to dislike him a bit. not a lot, but a bit.

I think it is wrong for him to come here and get rid of players with huge potential who only had half a season (mostly as sub or reserve) to impress. I think it is doubly wrong when he is one of my favourite players, how dare he?

I might have to have a word!!

No, you're not. Rafael B may (or may not) be a brilliant manager, but he's definitely not going out of his way to be likeable.

Which is how it should be.

We get all upset and angry cos we've formed attachments to players. Rafa doesn't have any attachments to individual players just to improving the team. He's doing what he thinks best, if he did what he thought the fans would like then he wouldn't be a very good manager.

I would be disappointed if he goes, Milan has left, there are rumours about Cisse going as well. That leaves Morientes and Crouch, which would be a serious lack of pace upfront. I can't understand why he is getting rid of these players. If one of our strikers gets injured, then I think we will struggle. Surely Rafa must be getting a striker in to replace Milan?

I thiknn you've hjit on something LIsa, Pace. I dont think Rafa is as intersted inthe current 'love fest' over pacy players, that others are. In his system, he needs a target man to hold the ball up and then the players from midfield to burst through and time there runs (as I've said before in the 20 goals a season striker thread earlier this month).

Therefore Rafa isnt so keen on a strikers pace, as he is on his ability to hold up the ball, keep possesion and bring others into play. Personally, Id be gutted if Flo went, i think he's great and the better of the two Gems, but if he is to leave, either on loan or permanantly then it certianly suggests that a new striker is on his way in. And Id guess that'd be Kuyt.

When GH brought in the two young French lads he talked them up as the two best young players in the world, on the back of that underage tournament.

For me, Le Tallec has been a huge disappointment, especially his attitude.

Pongolle has been a lot better, shown a great attitude, but hasn't performed anywhere near justyfiying the hype. I'd hope we'd get around £3m for him.

very upset about this one. But i dont understand how this medal thing can be our fault. Only the players who played in the final can get a medal, and sadly flo was injured.

Well thats to my understanding.

The club got 25 medals. There were 18 players named in the squad for the final.

Which is how it should be.

We get all upset and angry cos we've formed attachments to players. Rafa doesn't have any attachments to individual players just to improving the team. He's doing what he thinks best, if he did what he thought the fans would like then he wouldn't be a very good manager.

Accepted. Doesn't mean that some of his decisions haven't pissed me off royally though.

Accepted. Doesn't mean that some of his decisions haven't pissed me off royally though.

So WW, the man who won us the Champions league pissed oyu off ?

Christ id have hated to seen your feelings on Ged when he won us 1 leage cup in 3 seasons, and it can't even be printable what you though of Evans !!!

;)

By christ, we've just own the Cl, in the best way EVER, in the best final EVER. All done by Rafa managing what was essentially Geds squad. Now Rafa is moulding his squad, just imagine what it may do.

Give the guy a break and lets stop wibbling and wobbling, Rafa is the man, lets put some faith int he bloke, like it or not, he's the best manager around at the moment, and some of the wibbling will look foolish if we win no 19 come may.

So WW, the man who won us the Champions league pissed oyu off ?

Christ id have hated to seen your feelings on Ged when he won us 1 leage cup in 3 seasons, and it can't even be printable what you though of Evans !!!

;)

By christ, we've just own the Cl, in the best way EVER, in the best final EVER. All done by Rafa managing what was essentially Geds squad. Now Rafa is moulding his squad, just imagine what it may do.

Give the guy a break and lets stop wibbling and wobbling, Rafa is the man, lets put some faith int he bloke, like it or not, he's the best manager around at the moment, and some of the wibbling will look foolish if we win no 19 come may.

Exactly. We're Liverpool FC. We fucking rule. In Rafa we trust.

:yes: