You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CL medals...

dave u

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirkland I think it was. I'm also pretty sure that Phil Thompsons only medals were from his playing days. However, as I've said, there's no point asking people to give up medals that they have in their possession. It just aint gonna happen and I'm not wasting time asking for that. I think replica medals are the way to go, and realisticly the club should foot the bill.

If they refuse, then we need to look at funding it ourselves. That's my opinion anyway.

Yeah agree.

Not using it as a stick to beat anyone with or expecting players to give up medals just wondered if the story was true.

It was true. And despite the bad things I've said about GH, that was a fucking extremely classy thing to do.

it was kirkland because he had played all of the games up to then (dudek was dirst choice but kirky was picked for the cup games) but then got injured and couldnt play the final so didnt get a medal. Ged gave it to him on the pitch i beleive (that might be the hollywood version of it actually)

Kirkland I think it was. I'm also pretty sure that Phil Thompsons only medals were from his playing days. However, as I've said, there's no point asking people to give up medals that they have in their possession. It just aint gonna happen and I'm not wasting time asking for that. I think replica medals are the way to go, and realisticly the club should foot the bill.

If they refuse, then we need to look at funding it ourselves. That's my opinion anyway.

I agree, the club should foot the bill. It isn't the same as getting an original but at least it is a token gesture to show them that their contribution isn't forgotten. I wish i was rich.

Yeah i think Rafa did give his medal to one of the players not in the Super Cup squad.I couldn't quite make out who got it though.There was two medals left over on the table and Pako picked them up and handed them to a couple of the players.Darren Potter deffo got one.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=302989&cpid=8&CLID=14&lid=&title=REDS+CONJURE+UP+POTTER+DEAL&channel=football_home

"The boss even took me to Monaco as part of the squad last week and gave me a winners medal even though I wasn't involved because of injury."

Maybe Rafas way of trying to make things right?

*edit* 'make things right' probably isn't the right phrase to use, but showing the youngsters they care at least.