You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Mar 11-15 2023)

tlw content

roundupheader.jpg

What a wretched weekend of footy that was. Pretty much every single result went the opposite way to what I would have wanted. The only result that wasn’t shit was Southampton getting a point at Old Trafford, but even that wasn’t good because the mancs had to play an hour with only ten men and Southampton still couldn’t take advantage.

Just a fucking miserable weekend all around. There isn’t even a proper MOTD to watch as everyone was out on strike in support of Lineker, so it was a 20 minute show with brief highlights of each game and no commentary or analysis in between. I don’t tend to watch the analysis anyway unless Wrighty is on, but at least I have the choice whether to skip it or not. This was just weird, I didn’t like it.

On the plus side, at least we were spared the 5 minutes “expert analysis” of Shearer showing us how shit our attack was and how “the high line” is a problem for us. So I’ll keep this one shorter than usual in solitary with Lineker. Yeah that’s it. Nothing to do with how shit a week it’s been and how I don’t want to dwell on it any more than necessary.

*Sigh* We really shit the bed this week. We lost to the bottom team in the league while Spurs won and Brighton picked up four points from two games. Shit, we’d be below Brentford if they hadn’t lost at Goodison. Still, I’d have taken that. Fuck Brentford, I’m livid with them, the Everton enabling pricks. Unbeaten in a dozen or so games, then lose at Everton and then go straight back to winning again.

These shitty, scruffy, Burnley inspired 1-0 home wins might save the Blues and it’s really hard to stomach. If it’s not Tarkowski it’s that Dwight McNeil piece of shit. It’ll be Michael Keane next time.

McNeil scored in the first minute and Brentford had all game to find an equaliser but couldn’t do it. Everton are so fucking shit and these scabby, backs to the wall, 1-0 alehouse wins at Goodison are literally all they have going for them, the fucking bums. So fuck you Brentford for allowing it to happen.

View full article

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
7 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

we’d be below Brentford if they hadn’t lost at Goodison. 

I blame me, did a deal with devil and the slimy twat renaged on his part.

I'm back in the 'God is Great' camp.

I'd be fine with that. We can always catch Brentford later.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I quite like Bamford as well.  The Yorkshire haircut doesn't do him any favours, but he seems to be oblivious.  Is he half German?  A big St Elmo's fire fan? 

Big Bon Jovi fan. Listens to them pre-match, the big fucking hero. My boy.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic