You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

‘Convince me they’re great’

Just had a conversation with a mate about Sun Kill Moon and he said he can’t be arsed listening to loads of stuff so ‘convince me they’re great in three songs’!

Here are the songs I gave him...

Let me know if you agree?

Leave your own three song ‘convince me’ vids below and I’ll probably call most of you a cunt, but might agree with a couple of you, you never know...

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Never agree with Pitchfork, self important cunts

Anyhow's that was kinda the point of this.

My mate had heard all the stories about Kozelek and decided they/he wasn't worth the time, Kozelek is admittedy a dickhead and needs some quality control, but the first few albums he did as SKM are great and well worth a listen as they're do somthing that nobody else is/was and it's really good in places.

Anyway, does nobody have any suggestions of music that others may have passed over for various reason?

12 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just had a conversation with a mate about Sun Kill Moon and he said he can’t be arsed listening to loads of stuff so ‘convince me they’re great in three songs’!

Here are the songs I gave him...

Let me know if you agree?

Leave your own three song ‘convince me’ vids below and I’ll probably call most of you a cunt, but might agree with a couple of you, you never know...

Totally agree but pretty batshit you never put up anything from Ben’s my friend.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Totally agree but pretty batshit you never put up anything from Ben’s my friend.

You mean 'Benji' Ben's my friend is the last track on the album.

My mate in a melancholy prick so I gave him some gloomy ones, but, yeah, 'Carissa' is heart wrenching.

Plus I didn't want him to just go to the best reviewed album and miss the rest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Never agree with Pitchfork, self important cunts

I’ve no idea who Pitchfork are, I only Googled and quoted it to troll you, but in fairness when people start going on about their music likes/dislikes you all turn into self-important cunts. Never fails to amuse me.

• Upvote 1