You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Secret Santa 2015

Juniper

Right you lot

After 5 years (I think) of running this prestigious forum event I'm going to be away for some of December/might not have internet connection so the time has come to pass over the sword of Excalibur to a new leader, starting this year.

So I ask Who'd like to run the show this year? Will have to start proceedings soon I guess.

(TLW Secret Santa regulars only obviously)

• Upvote 2

'Thinking of adding a "good cause" secret santa element this year — along with the usual idea, having people send shoebox gifts, clothing, food and donations to help out white chapel / food banks.

I was looking at the Oxfam Xmas appeals and thinking that we should have another go at something like we did a while back. Food banks is an equally decent suggestion.

I may knock a Spotify playlist together but my PC is on life support so won't chance signing up to making a CD.

All good ideas but as organiser the last few years it's been tough to get some people to send out their CDs at times. Part of the Job comes a bit of chasing/tracking.

As an initial thought not sure how the organiser can track who/hasn't sent their good cause. Sure this can be thought up though.

Well worth to be discussed, don't get me wrong.

Ill have a dabble yeah. May need some help from someone though. Work is chaos at the moment and this has taken me away from my daily perusing of these threads.

Nice one, over to you then.

Pm me with any questions you may have down the line in that case. I'm away end of the month so let me know before then.

Taking Part

Paul

Juniper

What I meant was that I'm in if it's happening but presumably there's a minimum amount you'd have in mind to make it worth the effort?

Depends how much effort you think a free CD of music is worth really. I'm in even if it's just the four of us.
  • Upvote 1

Just in case there are people who don't know what this is, basically everyone's name is drawn out of the hat and given (in secret) to someone else. We all then make a compilation/mix CD and send it to the person it's for, making sure to include a track list and cover art of some sort (some people include an extra gift or make it a double CD). Then, when your CD arrives - and this is crucial - you post on the thread to say you've got it, you listen to and then you post a track by track review/response. Finally you try and guess who your CD came from.

It's a good way of getting some new music and is a nice way of celebrating Christmas on the forum. Get involved Scrooges. 

• Upvote 2

Depends how much effort you think a free CD of music is worth really. I'm in even if it's just the four of us.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean personal effort to myself, obviously you get what you put in as it were, I meant whether there is any point in doing it with so few as there's usually double figures involved. But if everyone's good to go regardless then I am too