You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The obvious answer would be that Ukraine borders four EU Member States. Instability there is very likely to cause problems for those countries.

Ah good old EU expansion, off the top of my head, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and one other who's name escapes me without looking at a map. All lovely tolerant countries as long as you're not black, gay our liberal. This crackpot EU/Nato expansion is bearing its fruit but its all about our safety folks.. I wonder what the youth unemployed in Spain, Greece, Italy, France think of Ursula's generosity towards a country not in the EU, or are they another demograph we can put on the ever growing 'don't count' list?. 

As for your "Ursula won't shag you" quip, I've brought her name up because believe it or not she happens to be head of the EU, I could give you a character reference for her underlings if you like and it's not pretty reading, some make Michel Barnier look like Dennis Skinner. Also the reason the head of the EUs name has come up again this week is it seems she's got herself in yet another corruption scandal, she's certainly got form..with your mate Ursula it's a similar scenario to the British cabinet making fools of themselves defending Johnson, these neo cons will always let you down and leave you defending in the indefensible.

https://www.politico.eu/article/delete-gate-text-message-ursula-von-der-leyen-albert-bourla/

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's the exact opposite of what those tweets say.

Try again.

Yeah I know. The broader point is the DUP and Northern Ireland have done very well out of Brexit (thus far) with all the massive bungs they've pocketed. They pushed through a Tory Government so forgive me if I abstain from the tearfest.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Yeah I know. The broader point is the DUP and Northern Ireland have done very well out of Brexit (thus far) with all the massive bungs they've pocketed. Forgive me if I abstain from the tearfest.

So you can't even read tweets now.

By the way, where's the apology for calling the owners of 2 Sisters Muslims?

They asked me to ask for it. They're shocked that the guy who had Smokin' Joe in the back of his car would be so ignorant in thinking all Asians are the same.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah I know. The broader point is the DUP and Northern Ireland have done very well out of Brexit (thus far) with all the massive bungs they've pocketed. They pushed through a Tory Government so forgive me if I abstain from the tearfest.

What "tearfest"? 

Prof. Dougan is pointing that the DUP are breaking UK and international law. The implication is that people who break laws should face some sort of consequences. 

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What "tearfest"? 

Prof. Dougan is pointing that the DUP are breaking UK and international law. The implication is that people who break laws should face some sort of consequences. 

I was talking more about NI in general, I agree with you both on this issue with the  DUP

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I was talking more about NI in general, I agree with you both on this issue with the  DUP

With NI in general, it's not a "tearfest", more a well-founded fear of a return to violence. You're old enough to know how tragic that would be, how important it is to avoid that and how dangerous it is to have a Government that's more focused on buttering up some russet-faced septuagenarian quasi-Kipper backbench MP for Tarbuck-on-the-Lob than on preserving the hard-won and fragile peace.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

With NI in general, it's not a "tearfest", more a well-founded fear of a return to violence. You're old enough to know how tragic that would be, how important it is to avoid that and how dangerous it is to have a Government that's more focused on buttering up some russet-faced septuagenarian quasi-Kipper backbench MP for Tarbuck-on-the-Lob than on preserving the hard-won and fragile peace.

The chances of the IRA taking up arms again is nil, the suggestion is almost as absurd as the argument the EU have stopped Britain, Germany etc having another world war. 

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The chances of the IRA taking up arms again is nil, the suggestion is almost as absurd as the argument the EU have stopped Britain, Germany etc having another world war. 

There's never been a violent conflict that wasn't preceded by people saying the very idea was absurd. The chances of either side of the NI divide taking up arms is not "nil".

(Oh, and the fact remains that EU membership makes war between Member States practically impossible. You can assign as much or as little importance to that fact as you like, but don't pretend it's not a fact; that makes you look daft.)

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's never been a violent conflict that wasn't preceded by people saying the very idea was absurd. The chances of either side of the NI divide taking up arms is not "nil".

(Oh, and the fact remains that EU membership makes war between Member States practically impossible. You can assign as much or as little importance to that fact as you like, but don't pretend it's not a fact; that makes you look daft.)

Err why would it make me look daft to say a new war in Northern Ireland is extremely unlikely and a war between Britain, Germany, Italy, France  etc was fucking ludicrous? 

Never mind 'daft" both your assumptions are/were batshit crazy not in a million years going to happen, ie bullshit.

Off your fucking nut Angry,

These future wars are all put in your head.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Err why would it make me look daft to say a new war in Northern Ireland is extremely unlikely and a war between Britain, Germany, Italy, France  etc was fucking ludicrous? 

Never mind 'daft" both your assumptions are/were batshit crazy not in a million years going to happen, ie bullshit.

Off your fucking nut Angry,

These future wars are all put in your head.

Have a read of my post. See what it says. The bit in brackets is an indisputable fact. 

Your absolute certainty that violence in Ireland is somehow impossible is completely baseless. But that's fine. It's neither here nor there whether you have a flippant, negligent and historically-illiterate attitude to Irish politics; it's very worrying that the Government does.

Strangelove rep.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Help us, we haven't got a clue how to make this better we are so we are begging readers of this shit rag to help us pretend it's not a complete shit show"

FLMY2ElX0AIuw4x?format=jpg&name=900x900

May that cunt roast in his own personal hell for eternity and more! Evil inbred entitled shitehawk!

On 10/02/2022 at 12:12, Arniepie said:

Tbf if I was looking to do some research on the minutiae of complex pan European legislation, my first port of call for advice would be your average sun reader.

A fair few of the  sun reader answer to Moogs stupid question would probably be 'its going OK  because its got rid of a few paki's; blacks and woggs..  they're just a bunch of cunts being stoked by another cunt.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

A fair few of the  sun reader answer to Moogs stupid question would probably be 'its going OK  because its got rid of a few paki's; blacks and woggs..  they're just a bunch of cunts being stoked by another cunt.

Sorry but it's true. Bunch of cunts.