You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

I've got the free version of the gameday thing running.

It's surprisingly detailed what they put on there. I'm guessing MLB stuff is a bugger to find a stream for? Can't seem to find anything anywhere for it.

Bloody hell, Gonzalez out in 3 pitches.

$100 for a year of MLB TV is boss value! Signed up for a month to test it and I'm streaming it on my PS3 in HD, the options it gives you is class, select home feed or away feed, PS3 gives you all stats and standings and a calender of all the games etc.

Portable to Multiple Devices*

Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, Android™ Phones, Sony PlayStation®3 system, Samsung®, Roku®, Boxee®, LG® Televisions

The MLB at bat app is £9 though if you want it on your iPhone.

Portable to Multiple Devices*

Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, Android™ Phones, Sony PlayStation®3 system, Samsung®, Roku®, Boxee®, LG® Televisions

The MLB at bat app is £9 though if you want it on your iPhone.

Odds of me using it on the phone are pretty much non existent to be honest unless I was stuck in the middle of nowhere but probably wouldn't have signal anyway.

Is it calendar year or by season on the subscription? Tomorrow and saturday the games are on ESPN America so being a tight bugger I would be waiting till after those at the very least.

How come some of the pitches go through the target zone but get ruled as a foul?

Foul balls are pitches that have been hit, but have not gone into play.

The ball must move forward and stay inside the V between the first and third baselines, when hit on the infield. When hit to the outfield, the ball must bounce inside the first and third base lines, but can then roll out into foul territory.

Foul balls are pitches that have been hit, but have not gone into play.

The ball must move forward and stay inside the V between the first and third baselines, when hit on the infield. When hit to the outfield, the ball must bounce inside the first and third base lines, but can then roll out into foul territory.

Ah right, so is it basically the ones when the batter gets a touch but it's just goes straight down to the ground where they are standing?

12344042701948162171johnny_automatic_baseball_diamond.svg.hi.png

A fair ball must stay inside the lines, 3rd base (left hand side) & 1st base (bottom in this picture).

If a ball is hit on the ground through the infield into the outfield, it must remain between those lines until it passes either 1st or 3rd base, the base umpire will indicate fair or foul, by moving his arm into the field of play for fair, or out of the field of play for foul.

Flyballs hit in the air to the outfiled, must bounce, or land over the outfield wall (home run), within the confines of the 1st and 3rd base lines. The ball can land on the line and still be fair. Again, the 1st and 3rd base umpires will make the ruling on the play.

12344042701948162171johnny_automatic_baseball_diamond.svg.hi.png

A fair ball must stay inside the lines, 3rd base (left hand side) & 1st base (bottom in this picture).

If a ball is hit on the ground through the infield into the outfield, it must remain between those lines until it passes either 1st or 3rd base, the base umpire will indicate fair or foul, by moving his arm into the field of play for fair, or out of the field of play for foul.

Flyballs hit in the air to the outfiled, must bounce, or land over the outfield wall (home run), within the confines of the 1st and 3rd base lines. The ball can land on the line and still be fair. Again, the 1st and 3rd base umpires will make the ruling on the play.

Right that makes sense now. I initially thought foul was against the pitcher rather than the batter which is why I couldn't understand how it was in the target box thingy but classed as a foul.

So the thing I was on about with when they hit it to the ground is a right where they are standing is a foul because it hasn't left the infield (or as in your description hasn't passed the 1st or 3rd base)?

Right that makes sense now. I initially thought foul was against the pitcher rather than the batter which is why I couldn't understand how it was in the target box thingy but classed as a foul.

So the thing I was on about with when they hit it to the ground is a right where they are standing is a foul because it hasn't left the infield (or as in your description hasn't passed the 1st or 3rd base)?

I assume you're on your phone, as I'm struggling with what you mean by this.

I assume you're on your phone, as I'm struggling with what you mean by this.

I've seen pitches when the batter has hit the ball but the ball has just gone straight down into the ground where they are standing which is what I meant in the bold bit.

I do struggle to explain what is happening in my brain at times.

I've seen pitches when the batter has hit the ball but the ball has just gone straight down into the ground where they are standing which is what I meant in the bold bit.

I do struggle to explain what is happening in my brain at times.

Yes, as the ball hasn't moved forward into fair ground, then that is deemed as foul. The ball must travel beyond the plate before hitting the ground, could be by an inch, or by yards.

It looks fucking freezing in Cleveland this afternoon. Had a superb torrent stream for the game, shame it's been a bit dull. Hoping the bullpen doesn't blow up at the bottom of the 8th.

The Indians have a great chance here. Runner at 3rd, only 1 out.

Yes, as the ball hasn't moved forward into fair ground, then that is deemed as foul. The ball must travel beyond the plate before hitting the ground, could be by an inch, or by yards.

Cheers.

I read back the bit you put in bold from my post. It didn't make any sense to me either.

I had been struggling in a couple of games I've watched to understand how batters ended up out after what I thought had been two strikes. Some had been fouls and then two strikes but I was thinking the foul was against the pitcher. (That probably doesn't make sense either, but it does to me).

In short I have learned something.

Only realised this afternoon that the 3 diamonds on the screen that light up showed which bases had a batter on them.