You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

Next summer I intend to see a game at Fenway Park. If I can get a ticket...

you won't have any problem getting a ticket.

you can order them online, so long as you have a US address to mail them to.

if you're any kind of red sox fan, you must do the fenway tour while you are there.

if you're any kind of red sox fan, you must do the fenway tour while you are there.

I did the Fenway tour a few years ago, if you're in Boston it begs to be done. Highly recommended.

It was spring training and one week before the season, so missed the the opportunity of taking in a game.

The season had started when I got to NYC, so I went to see the Mets. Tickets were dead easy, the Mets sold me and Internet ticket which I printed off the scanned on the gate. I presume other teams do this so it's worth looking at the Red Sox website to see if they do it too.

Cheers. No, I'm a Giants man (no, not since last night!). But I'd just love to see a game at Fenway. I'd heard that their games have been sold out for six years straight and that getting tickets was a problem. They're not on sale for next season until January, I think, but I'll try on their website then...

... Tickets were dead easy, the Mets sold me and Internet ticket which I printed off the scanned on the gate. I presume other teams do this so it's worth looking at the Red Sox website to see if they do it too.

Yeah, that's how I got my Giants tickets. Hopefully it'll be the same for Boston...

• 1 month later...

My early money is on the Phillies to go all the way next season, seeing as they've just added Cliff Lee to a rotation that already has Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels in its ranks. That pitching, coupled with the power they have offensively is going to take quite some beating.

Not good news for the 4 other teams in the NL East...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Amazing this. I was abducted by Aliens and just arrived home to see I supported the Padres. Jesus ATK has always been a Red Sox Fan.

Looking forward to knocking fuck out of those texan twats on thursday. Gonzalez is class at 1st base.

This might just be the most disgusting, sickening post I've seen on here. You're a fickle, glory hunting cunt. I'd imagine proper Sox fans like Red Knight are pretty appalled by this and don't want the likes of you on their bandwagon.

I'm almost tempted to start following the Yankees just to root against you, except I can't do that as back in the day I bought a Cubs hat and said they were my team, which means even though I'm not interested in the sport the Cubs are my team now and forever, no matter how shit they are, as that's how it works. You can't change teams, it's the rules.

You make me sick.

Opening day today. Cannot wait.

Braves travel to Washington to take on the Nationals in a 3 game series, before heading to Milwaukee to play the Brewers in a 4 game series, before finally travelling back to Atlanta to face the Phillies.

Quietly confident that the Braves can make another run at the playoffs this season, probably through the Wild Card. Our rotation looks pretty damn good, with Lowe, Hanson, Hudson, Jurrjens and Beachy taking the 5 spots. The off season acqusition of Dan Uggla from the Marlins will hopefully give us that much needed power behind Chipper.

I'm expecting big things from Heyward again this season, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Freddie Freeman gets on in his rookie season.

Our bullpen is also looking decent, though Linebrink and Sherrill do concern me somewhat, so hopefully Moylan, O'Flaherty, Venters and Kimbrell can lead the pen through.

I expect the following starting lineup for the Braves today:

LF - Prado

CF - McLouth

3B - Jones

2B - Uggla

C - McCann

RF - Heyward

SS - Gonzalez

1B - Freeman

P - Lowe

I went to a baseball game at the Shea stadium a few years ago.

It's essentially a massive barbeque in a giant shed with a load of fat Yanks clutching baseball gloves and drinking Coors, eating, and drinking more Coors, while largely ignoring the actual game which is meandering along interminably in the distance.

For what seems like forever.

It's one of the shittest sports ever and is perfect for Yanks, given their love of eating, drinking and stats-dominated sports.

My early money is on the Phillies to go all the way next season, seeing as they've just added Cliff Lee to a rotation that already has Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels in its ranks. That pitching, coupled with the power they have offensively is going to take quite some beating.

Not good news for the 4 other teams in the NL East...

Looks like they may do a lot of pitching - as their bullpen isn't fantastic. And with Chase Utley injured, and the loss of Jayson Werth, pressure is going to be on the rest of the line up to produce enough runs. Saying that, I'd still fancy them to do well.

Is that what happened to you when you fucked the Cavs off? Or did you stick with them in the end? Good win for them last night.

Yeah I fucked them off but I was never in for the long haul, I used to check their scores on a regular basis and watched maybe 10 of their games in total. I then began following the Jazz but they lost DeRon, I might just fully commit to the Bulls and see how long it takes for D. Rose to leave. Fancy that Dave?

Oh and...

BASEBALL, FUCK YEAH!

For the second season in a row, Jason Heyward has hit a home run with his first plate appearance of the season.

Lowe seems to be pitching well today, with his sinker causing the Nats some problems. He's struck out 6 in the 5 innings he's pitched, on top of picking up 5 groundouts along the way.

Going into the top of the 6th now, and the Braves lead the Nats, 2-0.

Can't wait for tomorrow, Sent the Red Sox a good luck message from atk. Crawford and Gonzalez love atk.

Always been a big fan. We will fuck them Tom Hicks loving cunts tomorrow.

To be fair they absolutely hate his guts in a similar way to what we do. Still hope the Sox win as I've had no choice but to adopt them since the John Henry move. Still following the Mets as well though. Basically anyone that hates the Yankees it seems. Ha.