You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Realistically, I think this is the closest bet. I'll go for 234. What do I win if I am closest?

A day in the company of Nassar Hussain and Nick Knight. 

I'm serious about Cook he'd have been perfect in these conditions.

That would be a backward step and raise more questions than answers. Not worth the hassle for a meaningless 3 match series against Bangladesh. Give the young guys a chance to improve how they play spin.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just got back from the City and quite suprised to see England doing so well, no sooner had I settled in with a cup of tea Billings gifts his wicket. 

That would be a backward step and raise more questions than answers. Not worth the hassle for a meaningless 3 match series against Bangladesh. Give the young guys a chance to improve how they play spin.

True.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck sake. Bed shitting appears to have set in.

Pathetic shot selection being as the ball is skidding on. They seem to be playing for more bounce which is undoing them, any batsman worth their salt should pick up on that and adjust shot selection accordingly. Duckett batted well up until that point mind, still a fucking daft shot with us cruising, as was Bairstow's dismissal. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Think we all need to calm down. You lose wickets in ODI's. We'd have all taken 188/4 after 35

It doesn't mean we can't discuss the poor shot selection of Bairstow and Duckett mate, we were in cruise control with the crowd silenced and let them back in. We are still favourites but another quick wicket or two and we will be under the cosh when there was no need to be so. 

It doesn't mean we can't discuss the poor shot selection of Bairstow and Duckett mate, we were in cruise control with the crowd silenced and let them back in. We are still favourites but another quick wicket or two and we will be under the cosh when there was no need to be so. 

Bairstow maybe, so he misjudged a ball. Duckett slightly mistimed a shot.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bairstow maybe, so he misjudged a ball. Duckett slightly mistimed a shot.

The ball has been skidding on for a while mate, both shots were needless, Bairstow was through his shot too early and misjudged the bounce being bowled down leg side, Duckett misjudged the bounce and his attempted scoop ended up being a fine tickle down leg side. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I think my point is Bangladesh have won something like their last 6 ODI series at home. Even at the end of their innings we were all thinking we'd get stuffed. We're currently looking pretty good, let's not start crying it in just yet.

I don't know about crying it in mate, just discussing the fall of wickets, we are clearly still the favourites, especially with Stokes and Buttler looking good.  

Guest Pistonbroke

It wasn't so much suggesting they might not have been good shots, but that somehow we'd bottled it and lost our heads. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Would be a really good series win if we pull it off.

Indeed, both teams have played well in certain areas of the game and have been evenly matched, it has made for a good series instead of seeing the bat totally control the game and teams having to chase down 400 runs.