You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite reds shirt

Guest Gizmo1

My fave home has to be my first shirt, the plain red v-neck Umbro with HITACHI on it from the early eighties, I also have a soft spot for the 84 Euro cup final pinstripe Umbro.

Recent away kits have been pretty horrendous (the ECRU and black and grey ones spring to mind) but I do have a soft spot for the circa 93/94 Adidas 'equipment' number in white, green and black. I recall us giving Swindon a trouncing wearing that on the opening day of the season.

Perhaps we'll win the title again if we go back to Adidas..........

Guest DIGGERS DRIBBLE

My favourite was the kit worn during the 1984 season and looked class with no crown paints sponsorship against Roma in the European cup final.

I also liked the combination that we used to wear against Watford away in the mid 1980's Red shirt black shorts and yellow socks...class!!!!!

I was disappointed to see us wearing our away kit against Portsmouth twice this seaon should have been Red shirts red shorts and white socks.

I hate liverpool wearing the away kit unless the shirts clash. I don't think Arsenal have worn their Home kit at any away ground this season.

I love the Champions League shirt. It reminds me of the late seventies umbro shirt with the added advantage that you can wind bluenoses or mancs up by constantly telling them what the 4 stars represent!

My favourite away kit is the white shirt, black shorts and red socks one.

Guest Martin

The last Addidas one as it was well made and mine is still in good nick. I have the first Reebock one with all the players signatures from the Kop Mag but the quality is crap!

Yellow one of the mid eighties with the red pin stripe, remember the shorts too cause they were silky material for the first time with a red stripe down the side.

Think this was the same season of the Rome 84 win cause the home shirt was similar design but I may be getting my years mixed up??

It's 20 years this year so maybe the new home and away will be similar to these!

Did someone already mention the away will be yellow?

1984 Umbro European Cup Final shirt is my favourite. Classic pinstripes, no sponsor. The yellow version (with red pinstripes) is probably my second favourite.

Bolton Red- still got my yellow adidas double winners shirt in my wardrobe. Got it when I was 8! It's wrecked, but it still takes pride of place.

1st shirt i got was in 1977. If I'm not mistaken they came boxed. That kit was the best and the away shirt, the white with black shorts was the best too.

IMO Rebok are shite, is it me or do we get Bolton Wanderers cast-offs? Don't like any of our shirts where badge is in middle, or reebok's name is above the Liverbird. I would like to see our kits where the Liverbird can be seen with the naked eye, and not by microscope!