You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TalkSport - MOTD

ElScouser13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Shearer has been a lot better of late, whilst Hansen for me is one of the best on the box (cue for people to bring up some of his howlers). I think I like the BBC coverage better on MOTD, because it isn't as reactionary as say the Sky stuff you have during the half-time break. Garth Crooks can fuck off though

Shearer is about the only pundit I can listen to.

Just the sight of Hansen and Lawrenson is really beginning to piss me off now.

They're just part of one big fucking useless blob of commentators.

But the 2 I really fucking detest are Claridge - a nasty shit, and that fat useless cricketer Gough. Check him out in that cheap shit supermarket ad. What a stupid face.

Am not questioning his playing ability, just wish there was more like Tommo, that's all.

What? Someone who sits alongside three of the thickest human beings since the 1870 Education Act, and a presenter who thinks he's on the old ITV show The Comedians, and actually appears intimidated by their wit? You want Hansen to be more like THAT? Thommo has spoken out, to the usual cynicism and disregard on that ghastly programme. Good for him. But beyond the converted I doubt his words are heard. Hansen is at a public service broadcaster where the editor probably blocks such comments.

Goals on Sunday is where it is at. Every Sunday morning around 11.

Chris Kamara and Ben Shephard are a great combo. They have everything you need between them. Shephard (unlike Lineker) has the media skills and the ability to ask difficult questions in a clever manner. And kamara is just fucking hilarious.

Then they just have quality guests. Today was Di Matteo and Ginola and lastweek was Defoe and Wright who were really funny as they are so fucking alike and dumb.

Kammy makes it for me.

Chris Kamara and Ben Shephard are a great combo. They have everything you need between them. Shephard (unlike Lineker) has the media skills and the ability to ask difficult questions in a clever manner. And kamara is just fucking hilarious.

Then they just have quality guests. Today was Di Matteo and Ginola and lastweek was Defoe and Wright who were really funny as they are so fucking alike and dumb.

Kammy makes it for me.

"Kammy"?? Bloody hell! The Goofy lookalike who even now still gazes at the camera like a puzzled puppy? Big Fat Sam's best mate? The expert on referees and goalkeepers? You'd hear more sense from a vacuum cleaner. And when has Ben Shepherd asked 'difficult' questions, let alone in a 'clever manner'? Was this on GMTV?

"Kammy"?? Bloody hell! The Goofy lookalike who even now still gazes at the camera like a puzzled puppy? Big Fat Sam's best mate? The expert on referees and goalkeepers? You'd hear more sense from a vacuum cleaner. And when has Ben Shepherd asked 'difficult' questions, let alone in a 'clever manner'? Was this on GMTV?

Do you even watch it?

Shephard was quizzing Ginola today about Houllier.

Chris Kamara is hilarious, I don't care if he's a bit of a tit.

Linekar and Hansen have just been taking the piss out of the comments by dropping sly jokes on whether their analysis is good enough.

Would have had a little more gravitas if Shearer hadn't kept calling David Silva "Villa", proving yet again that he's an imbecile. He was actually pulled up about it on air after he did it the second time - how embarassing must that be? To be paid well to provide analysis on a football match and to care so little about doing a good job that he can't even get the player's names right, having to be pulled up by his colleague?

Do you even watch it?

Shephard was quizzing Ginola today about Houllier.

Chris Kamara is hilarious, I don't care if he's a bit of a tit.

That's a well-reasoned defence of them. I don't find him (intentionally) hilarious, ergo I haven't watched the programme. I did hear Ginola recall how Newcastle dominated Liverpool 'practically from start to finish' when they lost 4-3. That was quite funny in a pointless historical sense. Apart from that it was as amusing and informative as, well, GMTV.

Yeah, i agree on the TalkSport thing, they are a bit contradictory.

My main point though was, does anyone actually tune into MOTD and get excited about what the likes of Alan Shearer has to say?

I only want to see the goals, and so take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Also agree on the actual highlights they show, a caller yesterday pointed out the Gary Neville dive v Sunderland that they didnt show.

The talksport comments are massively rich. The football punditry and analysis is as shallow as can be found anywhere - its tittle tattle, the Radio S*n effectively.

Conversely, while Lineker is a bit of a schoolboy, Hansen, Dixon, Shearer and Lawrenson, for me, all provide some of the best genuine insight available. They don't talk total and utter bollocks, basically, which is all you get on Talksport, Sky, or anywhere like that.

Agree with the original post, MOTD has never really been about expert analysis, none of this Andy Gray with his pen on the screen bollocks. At least the MOTD crowd aren't particularly annoying and they're by and large players who've achieved something. Unlike the Soccer Saturday mob. I still can't get my head around the fact someone actively employs someone like Paul Merson - someone who's infamous for throwing away his talent through a succession of poor personal decisions - and allows him to basically lecture others on football.

Kammy makes it for me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously.... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You, sir, are a disgrace to us decent Sky Generation Fans™.