You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Traveling help.

James

Jesus. I got £20 in a card for my 18th birthday.

Don't know how old you are, but was £20 enough to buy a decent used Porsche in those days?

I got a certain red shirt with the then-new Reebok logo on it, and a month later, a new PC which had connectivity to that new-fangled World Wide Web phenomenon, using a modem and connectivity through CompuServe (remember them?).

Haven't done the whole travelling the world from shithole to shithole thing (either literally or metophorically!) and would think that ship has long since sailed (or was never ever going to get going, depends on how you look at it!)

Haven't done the whole travelling the world from shithole to shithole thing (either literally or metophorically!) and would think that ship has long since sailed (or was never ever going to get going, depends on how you look at it!)

I'm 30 and am doing it next year.

You're only as old as the woman you feel. The last one was 19. BOSCH!

Northern Brazil is class' date=' the coastal area between Belem at the mouth of the Amazon down to Salvador is awesome. I got a boat from Iquitos in Peru along the entire Amazon River over two weeks sleeping in a hammock on the deck. The language difference did come as a shock, hard language Portuguese. I thought Chile and Uruguay were a bit boring.

I've just been laid off, and as of totday I'm unemployed. So, I've just bought a one way ticket to Mombasa leaving start of October. Gonna travel down through [b']Tanzania[/b], Zanzibar, Rwanda and go to the Lake of Stars Music Festival in Malawi for the 15th-17th October (ran by the fella who runs Chibuku Shake Shake), then go to Mozambique, Zambia, Ethiopia and Madagascar afterwards for a month or two until I get another job.

vinspired Lake Of Stars Malawi Music Festival

Climbed Kilimanjaro in February, loved Tanzania.

Sounds like a peach of a trip that.

• 1 month later...

I realized that I don't really need the typical holiday 'all my troubles are far away, now I can relax' feeling, as I never really feel any different. I'd rather be up to date with the actuality and I don't really like going to poor countries. Usually makes me feel bad.

I realized that the only real place I actually wanted to go to was, well, Liverpool. So, locals, could you please recommend me every place you think I should definitely visit?