You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not my favourite journalist

Hermes

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap articel - agenda driven as gmac said.

And as for someone here - felling sorry for Purslow? WTf? He's a grade 1 sneak.

Talking of Mafia - time will show which mafia fucked LFC up aided and abetted by the likes of Purslow and broughton.

Sorry, mate, but attempting to make a subjective claim by making an objective pronouncement is just confused. It's also insultingly presumptuous.
Once again you get me wrong, human nature is to side with people who have the same opinion as you.

As regards Rafa supporters, any criticism of Rafa in the past and present has always been met with a viscious reaction, agenda driven,bitter ex-players, failed managers, media witch hunt blah blah blah, all it is is bitterness and paranoia.

The press have an agenda against anyone, if there is a story or potential for a story they'll go after it. Rafa never helped himself by being so stand off ish and cryptic to the media, its asking them to make up their own conclusions about direct unananswered questions, which is bread and butter to the press.

As for all these ex-players and panelists being agenda driven, give me a break now thats is insulting and rationally speaking, very paranoid.

People read these articles and will go with whatever suits their opinion and thats fair enough we all do it. What i find funny is that over past few years, anyone who has dared to criticise Rafa is met with a torrent of abuse, or they have an agenda, or their a manc, or their bitter ex-players, or their people unsuccessful managers so why listen to them et!!

A lot of us have criticized Benitez over the last season without resorting to name calling and personal abuse. On a personal level, I was disgusted with the amount of abuse he was subjected to by some of the posters now calling for unity etc. It is possible to criticize someone without going out of your way to diminish the man and his achievements. This is why there is so much lingering resentment, 'you called our manager a cunt and now you're imploring us all to come together, fuck of'. etc.

As for some of the abuse he was getting in the media, a lot of it was driven by ignorance and xenophobia. And hey, we're loyal right, too loyal on occasion, but we're going to stick up for people we're invested in. That's human nature, unless you're indifferent to, or dislike someone, that's what you do.

For me the Reade article was balanced(apart from that shitty dig at Ged) because while it stated that it was probably time for Benitez to go, it dealt fairly with his successes and his failures.

what annoys me is some people are lookin at the managers linked with us and their now saying i told ya so, are we so deluded to think that we were honestly going to bring world class manager and world class players to a club firmly up sh*t creek? A Club that might have a player exodus as it is? A Club that has been relegated to second tier football and will be playing in the Europa League next year?

You've only been here a couple of months, so perhaps you missed out on a lot of the arguments that refused to take this scenario into account. Some of us argued that yes it's been an absolute shambles of a season, but we know Benitez has had success with us, maybe if we persevere with him, he can fix some of the things he's made a hash off. For those of us who felt this way, his quality as a manager was not in question.

I don't expect any world class signings, i do expect world class players to leave, i dont expect a world class manager either but i do expect decent replacements and we'll have to make te best of it, might take us a while to get back to the highest level but sure what can we do about it, no point in bitching and moaning like little school girls about a man who is not at the club any more and whom played a major role in getting us in this position.

Well I don't think we'll get a world class manager either. Not when the replacement pool seems to consist of Martin O'Neil and Roy Hodgson. I'm pretty sure the Stars will leave this summer as well. It may take us a while to get back to where all of us want the club to be, but I'm pretty sure that all of us will still be on here following Liverpool Football Club.

The moaning and bitching is part of the deal. That's just how it is.

Edited by Sandman

Once again you get me wrong, human nature is to side with people who have the same opinion as you.

As regards Rafa supporters, any criticism of Rafa in the past and present has always been met with a viscious reaction, agenda driven,bitter ex-players, failed managers, media witch hunt blah blah blah, all it is is bitterness and paranoia.

No, only when the criticism itself was vicious.

Edited by Moo

A lot of us have criticized Benitez over the last season without resorting to name calling and personal abuse. On a personal level, I was disgusted with the amount of abuse he was subjected to by some of the posters now calling for unity etc. It is possible to criticize someone without going out of your way to diminish the man and his achievements. This is why there is so much lingering resentment, 'you called our manager a cunt and now you're imploring us all to come together, fuck of'. etc.

As for some of the abuse he was getting in the media, a lot of it was driven by ignorance and xenophobia. And hey, we're loyal right, too loyal on occasion, but we're going to stick up for people we're invested in. That's human nature, unless you're indifferent to, or dislike someone, that's what you do.

For me the Reade article was balanced(apart from that shitty dig at Ged) because while it stated that it was probably time for Benitez to go, it dealt fairly with his successes and his failures.

You've only been here a couple of months, so perhaps you missed out on a lot of the arguments that refused to take this scenario into account. Some of us argued that yes it's been an absolute shambles of a season, but we know Benitez has had success with us, maybe if we persevere with him, he can fix some of the things he's made a hash off. For those of us who felt this way, his quality as a manager was not in question.

Well I don't think we'll get a world class manager either. Not when the replacement pool seems to consist of Martin O'Neil and Roy Hodgson. I'm pretty sure the Stars will leave this summer as well. It may take us a while to get back to where all of us want the club to be, but I'm pretty sure that all of us will still be on here following Liverpool Football Club.

The moaning and bitching is part of the deal. That's just how it is.

Even if we have contrasting opinions, great post mate and although i was Anti-Rafa so to speak i never personally abused him and don't condone that, but i won't lie i am relieved he is gone.

He was the Gordon Brown of football. Honest, capable, but missing the crucial ability to work with other people.

I think that's the most succinctly accurate summary of Rafa at Liverpool I've seen.

So Purslow and pals have shown that the Fourth Estate still has much sway in footballing matters, but actions speak louder than journalese. We are told Benitez's exit will ease the lack of stability at the club, the boat rocking and shit slinging which puts off buyers. I'm sure the extortionate asking price might also have a little to do with it.

Pulling the wool (sic) over Henry Winter's Home Counties cunts and the Bascombe moutbreathership is easy, making them believe 'SACK RAFFA!!!11!one!1' is the cure to the club's ills is easy, proving himself to be a man of his word is going to be tough.

No way is the Echo realistically able to criticise the M.D. yet it also chooses to not even report criticism either (no mention of the anti-Purslow feeling at the flag burning protest.) I hope they're paying attention on the fourth.

I don't think it was a cunt of an accusation, it was a response to how you put across your post.

You used the obligatory Red Knight reaction which involves the old *insert body movement here*. It comes across exactly as how it's said by Scouse Missionary.

You may not have intentionally meant it that way, but it has come across that way, not just now but in the past also.

Maybe we don't fully get your posting style as well as you thought.

Not gonna lie, I'm devastated by this news.