You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we sack Benitez now

Antynwa

I've said this before and still believe it.

If Jose Mourinho was offered the job in the summer, he'd bite our fucking hand off.

That goes for any top class manager too. We ARE STILL a massive pull for any top class manager out there, regardless of our cunt owners.

The only thing that worries me is our cunt owners lack of footballing knowledge and getting in someone completely out of their depth.

I don't agree with that for one minute - Managers are MASSIVE ego's - LFC is now struggling to get into the top 6 in the Prem and going backwards fast thanks to the Yanks.

I can't imagine ONE top class manager putting themselves into a position where the records books will show them to be the one's that were at the helm while Liverpool FC went even further backwards.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last summer we spent £7M on Dossena, £19M on Keane and £8M on Riera all sold or about to be sold, this season we have spent £20M on Aquilani who he will not play and £16M on Johnson a fullback who cant defend.

If someone in any other business wasted funds like this he would be seen as a liability to the company.

How can anyone defend this shite, there are no excuses for his bizarre decisions, still people think he should get another season?

Unbelievable really..

While I think he should be allowed another season, the point you've raised is a pertinent one. How can a club in our precarious financial position continue to hand carte-blanche to one man, any man, to spend such vast sums of money?

I know people aren't keen on the idea of a director of football but the manager, in my view, should be liasing with someone who he hasn't appointed if he's going to spend tens of millions. There is far too much money for it to be left to the judgement of one man alone.

You made the statement that it was bullshit - I'm asking you if it's a fact that it's bullshit.

If you want to ask those that use Arena and Curbishley etc if they are quoting facts then feel free. Although I suspect they'll come right back at you and offer you the name of Klinsmann as the level of manager that the Yanks would look at.

So, back to the question - is it bullshit or do you just want to believe it's bullshit?

It won't be the Yanks who go out and appoint the manager, it'll be the MD.

Those people quoting Arena are basing these tenuous links on the klinsmann saga, something that happened three years ago; since then who've we been linked with in terms of manager? Mourinho? O'neil? Rijkard?

People linking Curbishley etc aren't doing so with any back up or anything, so why don't you pull them up? Is it because you too wish to pedal this myth that we won't do any better than Benitez?

I don't agree with that for one minute - Managers are MASSIVE ego's - LFC is now struggling to get into the top 6 in the Prem and going backwards fast thanks to the Yanks.

I can't imagine ONE top class manager putting themselves into a position where the records books will show them to be the one's that were at the helm while Liverpool FC went even further backwards.

You know these "TOP" managers you are talking about - they didn't become TOP by becoming managers of clubs that have been winning titles every year. They became TOP because they took over clubs going through a bad spell, arrested the slide and went on to achieve success.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Nice one, as I was getting a bit worried for you for a while there, it could really not be that important.

No matter what the results would be, our season would still be incredible poor.

I don't think anyone is arguing anything else but, i'm certainly not.

Just different opinions reasons why it's gone so wrong, and degrees of blame apportioned appropriately and most importantly, what is the best way to move forward.

I'm not lying when I say it genuinely tires me out coming on here now, it's absolutely impossible to have a decent debate about anything football related because of the reactions it brings out that you would never see in real life, and as a result, you get the entrenchment that we now have on here, with no one really willing to take anyone else's opinion on board.

I'm just as guilty as anyone else, and when I try and be diplomatic I come across and sneering and condescending, whereas in real life i'm just a bit of a nark.

It's got to the point where there are people on here who I won't engage with online, but who I get on with away from the forum.

I respect the Rev on here because he has the ability to be sincere whilst managing to come across as not talking down to you.

I used to enjoy being a bit self indulgent (Regardless of whether anyone else read them or not) and going into detail on why I think certain things, but over the last 18 months the inclination just isn't there because you know it'll just get lost in point scoring nonsense.

I keep saying to myself I should just knock posting on here on the head, but I can't seem to help myself

I never said the current owners make no difference to our transfer dealings. It would be stupid to even think about saying that.

BUT, as I said already, accountability should exist at all levels within a top club. And as I said already, we sold 1 top player (willingly) and bought 2 big money players (willingly). If the manager chose to buy someone injured, its his decision. But when it backfires badly, he has to be accountable.

And when the manager is not making his team play to the maximum potential, it is his fault. Other teams have lost more than us in terms of players over the summer but they are coping very well. Arsenal are in fact doing very well with BENTDNER!

I am TAKING all parts of the equation, that is why I want the owners AND the manager out.

You see, you're not taking ALL the facts into account. If the Manager had a plan to buy two players with funds from the owners and two with funds raised by enforced sales then he should be held accountable. If those plans are spoiled by the owners renaging on promises to fund other players should the managers plan then be judged on only the part of the plan that he has been able to put into place?

You're NOT taking all parts of the equation into account.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Just because other forums don't agree with us' date=' does that make our opinions poor ? Is our opinion only poor because it might not side with yours ? Or are you saying our out spoken opinion of him is poor ?[/quote']

I meant that the opinion of him as a manager is poor, as in, not being rated, not that your opinion of him is crap because it doesn't align with my own or other peoples.

You see, you're not taking ALL the facts into account. If the Manager had a plan to buy two players with funds from the owners and two with funds raised by enforced sales then he should be held accountable. If those plans are spoiled by the owners renaging on promises to fund other players should the managers plan then be judged on only the part of the plan that he has been able to put into place?

You're NOT taking all parts of the equation into account.

So, you are saying owners promised funds for 2 players and further 2 players based on sales?

OK, even going by your argument, and assuming the owners backtracked on their promises, Benitez KNEW at some point he is not going to get the 4 players and that he will have to settle for 2?

That makes him even MORE accountable for buying an injured player DESPITE knowing he can only buy 2 and not 4.

So, yes, I'm taking into account ALL parts of the equation.

It won't be the Yanks who go out and appoint the manager, it'll be the MD.

Those people quoting Arena are basing these tenuous links on the klinsmann saga, something that happened three years ago; since then who've we been linked with in terms of manager? Mourinho? O'neil? Rijkard?

People linking Curbishley etc aren't doing so with any back up or anything, so why don't you pull them up? Is it because you too wish to pedal this myth that we won't do any better than Benitez?

The approach to Klinsmann by GG appears to go completely against that statement. We've been linked to no one from within the club in those three years. That's what counts.

I don't want to talk about ANY manager coming in because as I've said the Owners are the biggest problem and we could get Ferguson and it wouldn't make one Iota of difference with the Yanks there.

Fair play UEM.

I guess there are limits to how often you want to repeat the same points over and over again.

Personally I always tried to analyse our games a lot more in detail earlier, but when the same problems happen again and again and again and again then sooner or later you will reach breaking point.

So, you are saying owners promised funds for 2 players and further 2 players based on sales?

OK, even going by your argument, and assuming the owners backtracked on their promises, Benitez KNEW at some point he is not going to get the 4 players and that he will have to settle for 2?

That makes him even MORE accountable for buying an injured player DESPITE knowing he can only buy 2 and not 4.

So, yes, I'm taking into account ALL parts of the equation.

He had bought Johnson and was 90% along the route for Auilanni before they "moved the goalposts" - Like I asked, should he therefore be judged on his plan if he was not allowed to put that plan into place?

I don't think anyone is arguing anything else but, i'm certainly not.

Just different opinions reasons why it's gone so wrong, and degrees of blame apportioned appropriately and most importantly, what is the best way to move forward.

I'm not lying when I say it genuinely tires me out coming on here now, it's absolutely impossible to have a decent debate about anything football related because of the reactions it brings out that you would never see in real life, and as a result, you get the entrenchment that we now have on here, with no one really willing to take anyone else's opinion on board.

I'm just as guilty as anyone else, and when I try and be diplomatic I come across and sneering and condescending, whereas in real life i'm just a bit of a nark.

It's got to the point where there are people on here who I won't engage with online, but who I get on with away from the forum.

I respect the Rev on here because he has the ability to be sincere whilst managing to come across as not talking down to you.

I used to enjoy being a bit self indulgent (Regardless of whether anyone else read them or not) and going into detail on why I think certain things, but over the last 18 months the inclination just isn't there because you know it'll just get lost in point scoring nonsense.

I keep saying to myself I should just knock posting on here on the head, but I can't seem to help myself

I see what you mean there. It's nigh on impossible to put the tone of what you want to say into the words you write.

When I say "you" I don't mean you personally.

The approach to Klinsmann by GG appears to go completely against that statement. We've been linked to no one from within the club in those three years. That's what counts.

I don't want to talk about ANY manager coming in because as I've said the Owners are the biggest problem and we could get Ferguson and it wouldn't make one Iota of difference with the Yanks there.

The owners are the biggest problem, however we have massively underachieved on the pitch this season and Rafa and the players need to take the responsibility for that.

On that note, I asked you above and will ask again. Genuine question - do you think the current squad is playing to its maximum potential?

He had bought Johnson and was 90% along the route for Auilanni before they "moved the goalposts" - Like I asked, should he therefore be judged on his plan if he was not allowed to put that plan into place?

90% is not 100% is it? We could have pulled away from the Aquilani deal and spent the money on someone who was fit? As the "goalposts have been moved" and suddenly we are in a position where we can only buy 2 players instead of 4.

The Yanks are a massive, massive fucking problem; but they're not the reason we've won four away games all season and played some of the worst football of the last fifteen years.

He signed his contract and he got his control. In terms of ON the pitch, the buck stops at his door.

On that note, I asked you above and will ask again. Genuine question - do you think the current squad is playing to its maximum potential?

Sorry, missed the question first time around. No, they haven't played to their maximum this season - to be fair they haven't played together in their strongest formation for the most part of the season.

Now let me ask you a genuine question. Do you think the Manager is solely responsible for the team underperforming or would you accept that the players have let the manager down?

The Yanks are a massive, massive fucking problem; but they're not the reason we've won four away games all season and played some of the worst football of the last fifteen years.

He signed his contract and he got his control. In terms of ON the pitch, the buck stops at his door.

Then we'll agree to disagree. I can't imagine how much shite Benitez and the senior players have had to deal with this season that ISN'T based around football.

Do you apply the same sort of logic to the players that signed new contracts and their performances?

Sorry, missed the question first time around. No, they haven't played to their maximum this season - to be fair they haven't played together in their strongest formation for the most part of the season.

Now let me ask you a genuine question. Do you think the Manager is solely responsible for the team underperforming or would you accept that the players have let the manager down?

You have missed another post of mine then - if you didn't, you wouldn't have asked me that question.

I have already said above that if I had a gun, I will go and shoot some of the pussies we have in our squad. Only a handful (or even less) players can hold their held high after this season.

But then, don't you think the above issue ALSO lies at the manager's door? It is his responsibility to give them a kick or cuddle to get the best out of them?

Rafa should get a good kicking just like The day Everton fans beat up Harry Catterick. It was January 1966, Everton were not doing all that well in the Football League Division One, where manager Catterick was set upon by everton fan's.dont sack raffa you load of cunt's just do a harry on him you fucking bunch of wankers.bet you he was ok may 2005 2006.pity g&h give him all that money last summer oh wait