You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a ticket and passed it on what was stopping him from doing the same?

As for being bitter, behave.

Bitter is missing out on a cup final because your season ticket number doesn't end with a 9, and watching some twat who has one but doesn't use it go instead because his does.

That's what makes me angry while he went to Istanbul some other poor fucker who did deserve it didn't.

Cheers for clearing up my misunderstanding in an amicable manner. Now I understand your gripe.

It does not change the fact that, for me, he is a decent reporter of liverpool when we need a bit of bias.

So that makes it OK does it.

He is paid to write about footy, please let me know what talking about Carra's family has to do with this and what gives him the right to do so.

That fact that he did a partial withdrawl of his comments is, as he is unable to see, in no way going to make up for the fact, he cannot just withdraw it, he is a writer and a lot of people will have seen what he has wrote.

Despite what he says, he does work for the club, they pay him, whether or not he is freelance or if he represents the views of LFC is irrelavant, he is in a position of authority and great priviledge, to use that platform to attack somebodies family and question their integrity for having the temerity of holding their own personal views suggests he is too small minded to have to power given to him and has overstepped the mark.

His own self importantance prevents him from seeing the bigger picture and it is not surprising, given that he generates his energy from his own sense of self satisfaction which enables him to make recoveries for important big games and hide behind fish fingers when Carra comes calling.

His lack of humbleness is astounding, given that he has not issued a full retraction and seems to think his points in his article about net spends etc has superceded or has more importance than the need to retract the whole thing because it criticises someones family. Common decency, nah, I'll just hide behind the fact that I'm making tea and it'll all smooth over.

Minor retractment?

I wonder if he'd wrote a comparison of Rafa and Fergies net spend in his own excrement along with criticisms of Stevies wife on Gerrard's home perimeter wall and then issued a minor retractment if that would make it ok?

Then you could come on here and tell us all the to stop the 'hating'?

Or how about an article blaming how Crouch's dog's lack of belief in Rafa, stopped us from triumph in Athens?

He doesn't deserve to go the match, in fact he deserves to be locked in a room with all the highlights of this season on continuously for 50 years and allowed out only on his hands and knees.

Why doesn't he just come out and say 'Everythings a bit shit, but am getting paid for writing what they want me to write so fuck off', to clear up his stance for people.

I can see why you are and others are angry he should not have wrote what he wrote. At the time of posting I had not read what he had initially wrote and was only reacting to what Dicko had posted. He has come out and admitted it and even had the opportunity to apologise to Carra which he has done and now done so in public. If Carra can accept his apology so can I. Although he should not be dragging one player's family into the equation no matter what. Life is already too difficult.

Of course you are right about his writing for the club. A freelance PR man using the internet to get his message across. I have been blind even though his arguments do stand up to scrutiny. You say he should now stand up and say we are shite but this goes against everything he has done. He provides that rose tinted perspective whether the chips are down or not. Yet in the incriminating article he has as good as stated things are bad (without going back to anaylsis his eaxct words).

Personally I cannot believe the man is condemned as much as he is. I like what he writes basically as it always provides an argument against the latest accusation.

For me he is the weirdest scapegoat of them all ranging from Kuyt and Lucas all the way past Rafa and onto the owners.

Great result tonight. Hope we are now back on track.

• 2 months later...
It’s been that kind of season. Also, I’d be surprised if it’s escaped Rafa’s attention that during the season, Carragher’s family and friends have been quite vocal in calling for a new manager. That concerns me.

That is just fucking bang out of order that is. Thanks to you lot I didn't read all of it just the highlighted part, but who the fuck does he think he is 'that concerns me'! Why who the fuck are you?

In his original article about Jamie Carragher phoning him, he said this:

He argued his point well, although I was clearly caught off guard, and probably spent more time mumbling than is ideal.

Then in one of his latest articles, he refers back to the telephone conversation with this:

Contrary to what some believed – such as Jamie Carragher, when he phoned to take exception to something I’d written (and which I put him clear on)...

From mumbling, to putting Jamie straight - that's some turnaround! In a year's time, we'll be hearing how Jamie apologised for getting the wrong end of the stick with him! :smile:

Having said that, I was one of the pro-Rafa people (unless we can get someone better in!) and I do usually enjoy his articles (except for when they're a few thousand words too long, and his annoying habit of putting entire paragraphs in brackets instead of just starting a new sentence or using a hyphen...like this! ;)).