You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did anyone else notice the club website didn't even flag the selling arrangements up as part of its latest news? You had to actively keep checking yourself for info. I was waiting for it to come down from people without proof of travel for the Budapest game, next thing I go back and it's gone all the way to general and sold out! I got a ticket off a mate anyway but I've lost my fucking credit run now. Nob eds.

Did anyone else notice the club website didn't even flag the selling arrangements up as part of its latest news? You had to actively keep checking yourself for info. I was waiting for it to come down from people without proof of travel for the Budapest game, next thing I go back and it's gone all the way to general and sold out! I got a ticket off a mate anyway but I've lost my fucking credit run now. Nob eds.

How u getting over?

Having been in Bucharest with Rangers already this season, i can only say to everyone going to watch your back and stay safe.

The organisation is a disgrace, the facilities are 3rd world, the police and stewards are out to make it as difficult as they can for you, and whack as many as they can with batons, women included.

We were kept queuing for nearly 3 hours. 3000 going in through one turnstile, how no one was seriously injured ill never know. Allow loads of time for getting into the ground - many never got in until half time

the lighting inside the ground (stairwells toilets etc) is non existent, the concrete stairs have large chunks out of them (navigating them with no lighting was seriously dangerous) Oh! and no toilet paper either.

I kid you not, the catering facilities consisted of a pasting table with one guy selling crisps (one box of) and pouring drinks from a 2 litre plastic bottle of coke. this was all gone from about 15 minutes before kick off, so make sure you eat before you get there.

the stadium is uncovered (and it pissed down all night) and the stewards are wankers. they stuck a celtic flag on the fence in front of where we were, quite obviously to get a rise. An old man asked them to remove it, and he was decked for his troubles, this kicked off some minor scuffles.

on saying all that, they were also fined for their organisation and over zealous stewarding, so maybe they may behave. i wont be holding my breath on that though

Watch out for the pick pockets. Also expect to be offered sex by women who are pimping out their 13 year old daughters

Beer is cheap though, so not all bad i guess :whistle:

I pre-ordered my currency, and have only just realised that the cunts have given me Hungarian money by mistake. Fucking Steve Ogrisovic bastards.

Got me money back now, I'm gonna have to change it in the airport at a shit rate. But I've heard they take our money over there, can anyone confirm this??

Having been in Bucharest with Rangers already this season, i can only say to everyone going to watch your back and stay safe.

The organisation is a disgrace, the facilities are 3rd world, the police and stewards are out to make it as difficult as they can for you, and whack as many as they can with batons, women included.

We were kept queuing for nearly 3 hours. 3000 going in through one turnstile, how no one was seriously injured ill never know. Allow loads of time for getting into the ground - many never got in until half time

the lighting inside the ground (stairwells toilets etc) is non existent, the concrete stairs have large chunks out of them (navigating them with no lighting was seriously dangerous) Oh! and no toilet paper either.

I kid you not, the catering facilities consisted of a pasting table with one guy selling crisps (one box of) and pouring drinks from a 2 litre plastic bottle of coke. this was all gone from about 15 minutes before kick off, so make sure you eat before you get there.

the stadium is uncovered (and it pissed down all night) and the stewards are wankers. they stuck a celtic flag on the fence in front of where we were, quite obviously to get a rise. An old man asked them to remove it, and he was decked for his troubles, this kicked off some minor scuffles.

on saying all that, they were also fined for their organisation and over zealous stewarding, so maybe they may behave. i wont be holding my breath on that though

Watch out for the pick pockets. Also expect to be offered sex by women who are pimping out their 13 year old daughters

Beer is cheap though, so not all bad i guess :whistle:

Cheers for the info mate, whats the nightlife like? Do bars/clubs stay open 24hours?

Cheers for the info mate, whats the nightlife like? Do bars/clubs stay open 24hours?

TBH Mate, I'm not sure about the 24 hours thing, i was on the official flight and we left about midnight iirc.

Some decent bars around though, with decent prices, but a lot of the city centre bars were pricier, although not as pricey as UK 2/2.5 euros a beer iirc. Some bars under a euro though.

No idea about Clubs, plenty strip clubs, or bars that have Dancers on podium. Unfortuantely many of those had men dancing/stripping as well as women, so we left pretty sharpish.

Some shady areas if you stray, and many parts of the city look like a bomb site, but some nice areas as well, if architecture is your thing. Lot of grey dull communist buildings. Caecescu (sp) palce has to be seen to be believed its HUGE, but ugly as hell

Where are they based? Just so I know to stay away :whistle:

there is the rather imaginatively named Babes, which is on magheru blvd, or balescu blvd, or something similar sounding

not that i have been there, but i have heard that the orient club is a bit more interesting than Babes! apparently! allegedly! :whistle:

Leonardo's was well recommended, but cant vouch for it personally

TBH they are plentiful enough that you should never be too far from some adult entertainment.