You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
why anybody is wasting time talking to greedy cunt moores is beyond me. he sold his soul to the devil to line his own greedy pockets. he knew that the yanks would rape us. judas cunt

What's the point?

He has a profile

He could speak out and galvanise the "middle of the road" support who don't know/care enough about the current situation

Him breaking cover could lead to other ex-players doing the same

Making contact with him was essential, and a brilliant bit of work by Mick and Al, if nothing comes of it, at least it was worth a crack

Much easier to sit and do nothing though, moaning at the futility of it all eh?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gutted when the DIC deal fell through. To be honest I expected it as Moores and Parry fucked everything up.

Moores is a fucking cunt. Has put this club at risk and is sitting on his fucking arse in his mansion doing fuck all. He don't give a fuck. Made 8m extra. While he was President he should have got slated by the fans. Yet there are still that back him up saying he's one of us

Utter, utter cunt

Looks like Moores had a little bit of attack of the conscience, but this seems to have been overcome.

Good work from Mick and Al for trying, but it seems Moores and Parry are more than content to behave the way we expec them to. So Moores may speak out at the end of the season, once the Yanks have sorted themselves out, and not before. Thanks DM.

What's the point?

He has a profile

He could speak out and galvanise the "middle of the road" support who don't know/care enough about the current situation

Him breaking cover could lead to other ex-players doing the same

Making contact with him was essential, and a brilliant bit of work by Mick and Al, if nothing comes of it, at least it was worth a crack

Much easier to sit and do nothing though, moaning at the futility of it all eh?

Notice it's been an hour and no reply from Harry.

Was gutted when the DIC deal fell through. To be honest I expected it as Moores and Parry fucked everything up.

Moores is a fucking cunt. Has put this club at risk and is sitting on his fucking arse in his mansion doing fuck all. He don't give a fuck. Made 8m extra. While he was President he should have got slated by the fans. Yet there are still that back him up saying he's one of us

Utter, utter cunt

Sarb24 Re: Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by The Chimp

I negged you before, but you've a rep coming as soon as I can.

Thanks

we can all sit here debating the pros and cons of rafa, but our demise starts at the rejection of dic for the yanks. Moores is a cunt and has got off scot-free

This definetely increases the odds that Sarb is Rash.

No other loon would want us to be out of the Yank frying pan into the bankrupt Dubai fire.

Na, Catch. At the time DIC would've been better imo.

They would've had the stadium near finished by the time Dubai was fucked, then if they sold at least we had something from them.

Possibly, but i think the credit crunch would still have hit before they could start.

They were definetely still going to do an LBO.

Apparently though that is alright if you are from the Middle East & not the USA......

I wonder why?

Possibly, but i think the credit crunch would still have hit before they could start.

They were definetely still going to do an LBO.

Apparently though that is alright if you are from the Middle East & not the USA......

I wonder why?

So you were over the moon when the dic deal fell through?

At the time I wasn't that gutted. We had be lagging behind eveyone in football when it came to our commecial department, and if the Yanks know one thing it's how to market a club and get the most out of sponsors... Also, Hicks looked like he knew what he was doing when it came to building a new stadium.....

If I knew what I know now..... :wallbutt::wallbutt:

The only difference between the Yanks and DIC were that the former offered more money.

They were both LBO's with exactly the same plan for profit, based upon a new ground, the tax advantages of debt & an exit plan into a buoyant asset market.

The credit markets seized up very quickly afterwards which would have fucked up either plan.

The reason that both H&G and Dubai have suffered so badly in the downturn is that they were both over-leveraged.

At the time,I did think that either interchangeable model was workable but that was because unfortunately i am not Hyman Minsky nor John Paulson & did not anticipate the extent of the credit contraction.

To atk in your honest opinion do you really think anything will be acheived even if m$$res does speak up do you really think that hicks n gillett are gonna give two hoots i dont they aint botherd about us fans or our club so why are they going to botherd about what moores says

Personally our takeover situation as it is now is all a pr stunt from america ,they are making out they want to sell a stake etc they got the yes man purslow spouting they same crap in the meantime getting all the fans thinking they are going to sell .when they arnt they can pay the so called 100 million to rbs at the end of the season from players sales if they want that will be there choice and theres not a thing we can do about it ,if this happens which is looking likely theyll use the no champions league money excuse of a reason of why theyve sold torres and masch stating they had to sell them to keep the club afloat anyone can see this coming from a mile away

Personally our takeover situation as it is now is all a pr stunt from america ,they are making out they want to sell a stake etc they got the yes man purslow spouting they same crap in the meantime getting all the fans thinking they are going to sell .

Tom Hicks has repeatedly said he's in this for the long haul, so sellin a stake just keeps them in power to raise the £100m, admitted by Purslow. What's your point?

Tom Hicks has repeatedly said he's in this for the long haul, so sellin a stake just keeps them in power to raise the £100m, admitted by Purslow. What's your point?

...which is precisely why they are not having any luck finding said investment, I suspect.

Why would you invest that amount of money to work with those two?

The only difference between the Yanks and DIC were that the former offered more money.

They were both LBO's with exactly the same plan for profit, based upon a new ground, the tax advantages of debt & an exit plan into a buoyant asset market.

The credit markets seized up very quickly afterwards which would have fucked up either plan.

The reason that both H&G and Dubai have suffered so badly in the downturn is that they were both over-leveraged.

At the time,I did think that either interchangeable model was workable but that was because unfortunately i am not Hyman Minsky nor John Paulson & did not anticipate the extent of the credit contraction.

I think you are understating the assets that DIC have under Management - Liverpool F.C in comparison would have been small beer.

Portfolio - Dubai International Capital L.L.C.

I dont doubt that the credit crunch would not have had some impact on the DIC investment however I am convinced that the stadium would have been close to finish as the central part of the DIC strategy.

Don't think for one minute we have left this alone, we had contact this week. Just give us a week.

By 'us' do you mean Moores or you and DD, or Moores you and DD?

And why a week?

Are any of us in a week going to have any cause for optimism or believe that Moores is less of a twat than we already think he is?

Not being shirty or owt but I'm just so fucking despondent about all this shit that I may have passed the point of caring or, more accurately, believing that things are likely to get any better before it becomes too late.

Originally Posted by jonolfcmad

To atk in your honest opinion do you really think anything will be acheived even if m$$res does speak up do you really think that hicks n gillett are gonna give two hoots i dont they aint botherd about us fans or our club so why are they going to botherd about what moores says

I don't know to be honest but I'd rather he said something and find out, than say nothing and never know.

Moores fucked up, bigtime. Of course they won't care what he says, but it all cranks the pressure up. If Moores says enough on it, it's a massive headline across the back pages, and if he says something strong enough it would get massive momentum for a push to get rid of the Yank twats.

Bet you wouldn't have thought it was possible to get a board member to resign.. oh hang on!