You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running Trainers

Silvah

Well with my wedding only 7 weeks away, I really need to step up my training. I'm going to start jogging in the morning, and want some decent running shoes.

I've had a look on the Sports Direct site and there's a shit load on there. Can anybody recommend any that they have?

Don't really want to spend over £40.

To be fair if you want a good pair of running shoes that are actually designed for running then you are going to struggle for less than £40 I think , probably be proved wrong. Defo stay away fro Sports Direct though.

Reebok or asics are the best but if you hate running it really makes no difference as you are going to hate it no matter what you have on your feet

More inportantly . Where are the invites to the wedding .I know it is only early but we will allneed to find something to wear that won't clash with the bride .Plus some of the lads will have summer holidays coming up .

You should really get your feet checked to see what type of shoe you need. If you buy the wrong shoe, you could injure yourself.

I'm not sure where you live but I'd have a look for a speciallist running shop which does gait analysis. There's one on Bold Street in town (I think it's called Up and Running).

Guest The Chimp

I've got a pair of New Balance, but would also recommend Asics or Brooks as well. Any of those three brands and you can't go far wrong.

Like someone else mentioned you need to find out what type of running shoe you need. there are 3 general classes, cushioned for the neutral runner, stability/support for mild-moderate over pronators and motion control for severe over pronators.

otherwise you may end up doing more damage than good.

heres a little guide

Which running shoe is for me? | Running Articles | SportsShoes.com

Don't be such a fag - you're jogging not warming up for the Olympic final.

Get the cheapest pair you can find as anything else is a waste of money. Don't buy into all the bullshit - there's is fuck all difference between an expensive pair and a cheap pair except the price.

By the way, I'm assuming you're either a bird looking to slim for your wedding, or a bloke making sure he has a plan B if he changes his mind when he gets to the altar. Please don't tell me you're a bloke trying to lose weight for the big day, or I'm reaching for my negzooka.